UConn stats...NC Bingo card.... | The Boneyard

UConn stats...NC Bingo card....

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Very nice win for the Huskies. One that could have gone the wrong way without great effort. Parts of the game were predictable, Paige being Paige. But many results were not on my Bingo Card. For example, Paige with four (4) "not in my house" shot blocks..! Here are a few others:

1. Nika shooting 4-7 on threes (57%). That was 1/2 the 8 made threes.
2. UConn with 48 points in the 1st and 3rd periods, but only 28 in 2nd and 4th.
3. Deja Kelly starting the game 3 for 3, but finishing 2 for 10.
4. The Huskies shooting 61% from the free throw stripe. UNC was worse at 50%.
5. UConn beating UNC by 12 points. South Carolina beat them by only 7 pts.
6. KK Arnold leading the team with 4 fouls. (Nika rubbing off...;))
7. Aaliyah with 0 turnovers.
8. Paige taking only 1 three point shot.

Many stats were what fans have come to expect.
1. Paige scoring 26 pts on 11-14 shooting.
2. Double double by Aaliyah with 16 pts/11 boards.
3. Aubrey quietly stat stuffing (8 rebounds, 5 pts, 4 assists, 2 steals & 1 block)
4. Winning at Mohegan where UConn is 38-1.
5. UConn with 21 points off turnovers.

Great win, players working out the issues..!!
Go Huskies..!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Another " predictable vs unpredictable" possibility?? Will ASH be BIG EAST FRESHMAN of
the WEEK again? Ash was 7 for 14 and 17 points against Ball State and three for eight and 8 points
along with some solid defense and one personal foul. Other noteworthy "ASH" facts to substantiate
her claim to the award ... Ash was one of our two FRESHMAN "STARTERS", and while she had only 2 for
5 three pointers against UNC, all those three pointers helped to " spread the floor" and give
EVERYONE ( KK, Paige, Aaliyah) a chance to drive the lane and either score or get to the foul line!!.
Also, ASH RARELY fouls, and she is rather low on turnovers. This is from memory, but I think a check with
our Boneyard statistician will bear out my idea! GO ICE AND GOFROSH!!

Reaction Score
Very nice win for the Huskies. One that could have gone the wrong way without great effort. Parts of the game were predictable, Paige being Paige. But many results were not on my Bingo Card. For example, Paige with four (4) "not in my house" shot blocks..! Here are a few others:

1. Nika shooting 4-7 on threes (57%). That was 1/2 the 8 made threes.
2. UConn with 48 points in the 1st and 3rd periods, but only 28 in 2nd and 4th.
3. Deja Kelly starting the game 3 for 3, but finishing 2 for 10.
4. The Huskies shooting 61% from the free throw stripe. UNC was worse at 50%.
5. UConn beating UNC by 12 points. South Carolina beat them by only 7 pts.
6. KK Arnold leading the team with 4 fouls. (Nika rubbing off...;))
7. Aaliyah with 0 turnovers.
8. Paige taking only 1 three point shot.

Many stats were what fans have come to expect.
1. Paige scoring 26 pts on 11-14 shooting.
2. Double double by Aaliyah with 16 pts/11 boards.
3. Aubrey quietly stat stuffing (8 rebounds, 5 pts, 4 assists, 2 steals & 1 block)
4. Winning at Mohegan where UConn is 38-1.
5. UConn with 21 points off turnovers.

Great win, players working out the issues..!!
Go Huskies..!!
Not too worried about scoring in the 4th quarter since UConn basically ran out the clock not trying to score it up.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I’m bored at work so I put the below together because I was curious if there was a correlation between rebounds/turnovers to scoring. I didn’t see one.

By the way, KK is leading the team in 3 point FG% at 50% (4-8), Paige is second (47.1%, 16-34), and Nika is third (41.7%, 10-24).

096A9165-98B9-49B7-B25C-FEFB6E98A9A9.jpeg

Reaction Score
I’m bored at work so I put the below together because I was curious if there was a correlation between rebounds/turnovers to scoring. I didn’t see one.

By the way, KK is leading the team in 3 point FG% at 50% (4-8), Paige is second (47.1%, 16-34), and Nika is third (41.7%, 10-24).

View attachment 93961
I found these charts a nice documentation for " consistency." Eg.Paige, Aubrey, Aaliyah, and ASH for rebounds.
Most interesting to my eyes is NO TURNOVERs for ASHLYNN, and rebounds in each quarter!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Let me comment on both Deja Kelly’s 5/13 night as well as KK’s 4 fouls. They are absolutely related. KK was in Kelly’s kitchen all night long. KK drew a charging foul on Kelly, and then on 2 other occasions KK was called for blocking when it was very close to being 2 more charging calls on Kelly.

KK did a phenomenal job of making Kelly uncomfortable with her quickness and relentless pressure. I love the way the kid plays.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Let me comment on both Deja Kelly’s 5/13 night as well as KK’s 4 fouls. They are absolutely related. KK was in Kelly’s kitchen all night long. KK drew a charging foul on Kelly, and then on 2 other occasions KK was called for blocking when it was very close to being 2 more charging calls on Kelly.

KK did a phenomenal job of making Kelly uncomfortable with her quickness and relentless pressure. I love the way the kid plays.
She sure can cut through a defense.

Reaction Score
Every time I watch Ashlynn and KK I’m more and more impressed! I think they are going to make their mark here. I believe Q and Ice will too but they, especially Ice just need a little “settling in” time. It’s pretty exciting to see such immediate results from our freshmen and I would venture to guess that we are going to be similarly impressed with our class for next year. Allie and Morgan certainly show all the signs of being immediate contributors as well!

Reaction Score
Every time I watch Ashlynn and KK I’m more and more impressed! I think they are going to make their mark here. I believe Q and Ice will too but they, especially Ice just need a little “settling in” time. It’s pretty exciting to see such immediate results from our freshmen and I would venture to guess that we are going to be similarly impressed with our class for next year. Allie and Morgan certainly show all the signs of being immediate contributors as well!
If Paige and Aaliyah decide to stay one more year, with Ashlynn and KK and Morgan and Allie coming next year, I believe Uconn's future is solid .Uconn will still have Azzi and Caroline if she rehabs successfully. That is an AWESOME line-up, no weaknesses. This year will be played out with the injury bug plaguing Uconn as Geno does his magic winning the BE and going to the NC.Next year I will be 91 and still love Uconn women's basketball with all their wonderful players. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom