UConn stats...Liya still moving up... Nika too... | The Boneyard

UConn stats...Liya still moving up... Nika too...

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Aaliyah has moved into 28th place all-time at UConn with 1,509 points in her career. This year, in 18 games, Liya has scored exactly 300 points at an average of 16.7 per game. Were UConn to play another 18 or so games (13 regular, plus BE tournament, plus NCAA tourny) and Aaliyah to score 300 more points, she would finish with 1,809 points. That would put her in 16th place, just ahead of Tiffany Hayes at 1,801. Christyn Williams is 15th at 1,850 points & Svetlana Abrosimova is 14th at 1,865. Congrats to Aaliyah..!!

With 10 assists against Seton Hall, Nika has moved into 10th place all-time in her UConn career. Her total of 543 assists is just 1 assist behind Maya Moore for 9th place. If Nika were to add 100 assists to her 110 so far this season, she could finish in 3rd place all-time with 643. That would leave only Diana (648) and Moriah (659) ahead of her in career assists. Adding 117 assists in the reminder of the season would make Nika #1 all-time in assists at UConn. GO Nika..!!

Bonus stat - Paige currently has 1,185 career points at UConn. That is good for 45th place. She has 356 so far this year. Adding another 350 points for the rest of the season would move her to 30th place all-time ahead of Crystal Dangerfield at 1,480 points.

Go Aaliyah, Nika and Paige..!!
Go Huskies..!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
7 assists a game is doable (if we have 18 games)
I’m figuring on 22 games:
  • 13 regular season
  • 3 conference tournament
  • 6 NCAA tournament :)
That’s 5.27 assists per game

For Nika, the team has always come first. But I would have to believe that if she were to set the all time UConn Career Assists record she would consider it her 2nd greatest accomplishment, after winning the national championship this year. ;)

Reaction Score
I’m figuring on 22 games:
  • 13 regular season
  • 3 conference tournament
  • 6 NCAA tournament :)
That’s 5.27 assists per game

For Nika, the team has always come first. But I would have to believe that if she were to set the all time UConn Career Assists record she would consider it her 2nd greatest accomplishment, after winning the national championship this year. ;)
And if Nika decides to stay another year?

Reaction Score
If Nika ends up in fourth place or higher on the career assist leader list by seasons end it would mean she has had another 200 or higher assist season, which would be another entry into the record book. Only six players have had 200 or more assists in a season. If she hits that milestone she would be the only one to have done it twice. As Geno has said Nika is unique!

Reaction Score
As I said in another thread, if Nika returns for a 5th season she will set a “Ruthian” total for assists that will never be approached again.
If Nika ends up in fourth place or higher on the career assist leader list by seasons end it would mean she has had another 200 or higher assist season, which would be another entry into the record book. Only six players have had 200 or more assists in a season. If she hits that milestone she would be the only one to have done it twice. As Geno has said Nika is unique. When it comes to prayers , this is one prayer, I with all my heart wish would come true. NIKA ,s name should never be forgotten in Uconn's history as she was blood and guts her whole 4 years there and a fifth year would cement her in Uconn history. NIKA was the backbone of the team that never gave an inch and there wiill not be another like her for some time. GO NIKA!!! GO FRESHMEN!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
I don't know what a "Ruthian" is.
However, I suspect a lot of folks would want an Asterisk "*" beside her name because it took 5 years.

If Nika ends up becoming the assistant leader at UConn, I think it has to be in 4 years. If she ends up with a 5th year. . Oh boy!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don't know what a "Ruthian" is.
However, I suspect a lot of folks would want an Asterisk "*" beside her name because it took 5 years.

If Nika ends up becoming the assistant leader at UConn, I think it has to be in 4 years. If she ends up with a 5th year. . Oh boy!
This sounds like Roger Maris all over again. :confused:

If we confine Nika’s record to only 4 years, even if UConn makes it to the championship game this season, Nika will have had the opportunity to play in just 143 games due to games cancelled due to Covid and not making it to the Championship every season. That would be 16 games fewer than Mo who currently has the all time assists record. Maybe we should put an * next to Mo’s record. ;)

Reaction Score

If we confine Nika’s record to only 4 years, even if UConn makes it to the championship game this season, Nika will have had the opportunity to play in just 143 games due to games cancelled due to Covid and not making it to the Championship every season. That would be 16 games fewer than Mo who currently has the all time assists record. Maybe we should put an * next to Mo’s record. ;)
Every Covid player has the opportunity to play a 5th year and set the assist record. If Nika is the only player to do it, then the record is hers with no *. Otherwise, as you suggested, we should go through the record book and sprinkle asterisks all over the place. For instance, put an asterisk on Geno's winning percentage because CD's percentage is much better :)

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score

I've got it!

Let's make the haters have sleepless nights. Nika makes it to the top of the assist leader board, we need an * for her freshman year the covid shortened year. Saying it took less than 4 years.
:)

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear. I wouldn't need an " * ", but those who, for what ever couldn't stand it. Haven't liked her. Would say she doesn't deserve it if it took 5 years. These folks would find it convenient to forget covid.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Every Covid player has the opportunity to play a 5th year and set the assist record. If Nika is the only player to do it, then the record is hers with no *. Otherwise, as you suggested, we should go through the record book and sprinkle asterisks all over the place. For instance, put an asterisk on Geno's winning percentage because CD's percentage is much better :)
Phttttt! Ha! Good one! :):)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom