UConn stats... just the facts..! | The Boneyard

UConn stats... just the facts..!

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Pretty hard not to laugh at some of the comments in the chat rooms and panic in the post game threads. Here are some facts to hopefully calm a few fans down and put the season in perspective.

1. UConn is 4-3 and the 3 teams they lost to are a combined 25-0 and ranked #2, #3 and #5 in the country, in one poll.
2. Geno has started 9 different players in just 7 games. Coaching for March.
3. The 3 true freshmen have played 326 minutes total. That is 23% of the total minutes played.
4. Add in Ice Brady to the freshmen and the total minutes played goes up to 439, almost 1/3rd of the minutes played.
5. Nika is shooting 40% from three range (6-15) and 68% from inside the arc (15-22). She is #1 in assists (30), #4 in rebounds (26) and #3 in offensive rebounds (10).
6. Paige did not shoot until 5:11 of the 1st period against Texas. UConn was down 17-9 at that point. She made the shot and followed with a 3 pt basket 35 seconds later. That will change.
7. Aaliyah has 23 turnovers. That is almost 1/4 of the total for the Huskies. She will fix that.
8. Last season, Dorka averaged 9.9 rebounds per game & Lou scored 15.5 pt per game. Replacing those totals has been hard.
9. Ice has 17 rebounds, so does KK Arnold. Qadence and Ashlynn have 21 combined. That will improve.
10. KK has made 60% of her 3 point shots, but taken only 5. She will shoot more threes, as will Q and Ashlynn.

No quit in this team so far this season. No reason for fans to give up either. Lots of great games still ahead. (In my opinion.)
Go Huskies..!!

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Add to that, from the 17-9 (8 pt margin) score they played Texas perfectly even for 34 minutes -- until the intentional fouls at the end of the game added 4 points to the margin. Despite how ragged and unorganized they looked at times, which will improve.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, fans used to years of excellence, only focus on 4-3. This team has major issues to address but the fight is there.

Reaction Score
Pretty hard not to laugh at some of the comments in the chat rooms and panic in the post game threads. Here are some facts to hopefully calm a few fans down and put the season in perspective.

1. UConn is 4-3 and the 3 teams they lost to are a combined 25-0 and ranked #2, #3 and #5 in the country, in one poll.
2. Geno has started 9 different players in just 7 games. Coaching for March.
3. The 3 true freshmen have played 326 minutes total. That is 23% of the total minutes played.
4. Add in Ice Brady to the freshmen and the total minutes played goes up to 439, almost 1/3rd of the minutes played.
5. Nika is shooting 40% from three range (6-15) and 68% from inside the arc (15-22). She is #1 in assists (30), #4 in rebounds (26) and #3 in offensive rebounds (10).
6. Paige did not shoot until 5:11 of the 1st period against Texas. UConn was down 17-9 at that point. She made the shot and followed with a 3 pt basket 35 seconds later. That will change.
7. Aaliyah has 23 turnovers. That is almost 1/4 of the total for the Huskies. She will fix that.
8. Last season, Dorka averaged 9.9 rebounds per game & Lou scored 15.5 pt per game. Replacing those totals has been hard.
9. Ice has 17 rebounds, so does KK Arnold. Qadence and Ashlynn have 21 combined. That will improve.
10. KK has made 60% of her 3 point shots, but taken only 5. She will shoot more threes, as will Q and Ashlynn.

No quit in this team so far this season. No reason for fans to give up either. Lots of great games still ahead. (In my opinion.)
Go Huskies..!!
Thanks David--I liked this almost a well as your tests--however, apparently I FAILED this one. I was down on ICE. My eyes didn't see what your stats saw. KK and Q and Ashlynn I'm huge on--in January they will be starters or first off the bench types.
However you didn't mention Griffin. Her stats were not wonderful, but she can do nearly everything very well. Something was off in the Texas game--and it wasn't just Texas. Both Edwards and Griffin didn't perform as usually. Yes they fought bigger post--but that is always the case--what happened in HORNS House.??

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, fans used to years of excellence, only focus on 4-3. This team has major issues to address but the fight is there.
You mentioned--there are big issues. Please identify them for me. Something is not right--with this much talent?? Geno partly solved that for 2 years with Dorka and ONO and consistent scoring was fixed with AZ and LOU, that opens the post a bit.
With all the experts on the BY, this should be fixed before the next game.

Reaction Score
You mentioned--there are big issues. Please identify them for me. Something is not right--with this much talent?? Geno partly solved that for 2 years with Dorka and ONO and consistent scoring was fixed with AZ and LOU, that opens the post a bit.
With all the experts on the BY, this should be fixed before the next game.
Players would walk into an arena with UCONN on their uniforms and the other team immediately knew they couldn't win, Now, UCONN doesn't know IF they can win, Confidence, confidence, confidence is lacking. You're correct, the talent is there!

Reaction Score
WORTH REPEATING !!
Our Huskies 3 losses were to the 2nd, 3rd & 5th ranked teams ( AP Week # 5 ) North Carolina, UCLA and Texas
by an average of 11 points !
Superstars Rivers, Rice and Harmon enjoyed career games !
AP's week 5 ranking of # 17. We deserve better !!

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Good stuff.

In regards to:

I'm thinking the turnovers from her own actions are a lot lower than 23. Her teammates are sending in the ball when there is nothing she'll be able to do with it but collect another turnover, or a really bad pass that pulls her out of position if she succeeds in catching it at all.

I wish she would kick it back out when she loses position instead of taking a hard or bad shot.

Reaction Score
WORTH REPEATING !!
Our Huskies 3 losses were to the 2nd, 3rd & 5th ranked teams ( AP Week # 5 ) North Carolina, UCLA and Texas
Last week both ND and Indiana with one loss were ranked behind UConn with two losses. Loss's have to count for something even if it is too ranked teams. Now UConn might be better than their won loss record but they still have three losses. Some UConn fans seem to feel that the team should only be ranked behind the teams that beat them.

I remember the year when they lost to SC, Baylor and Oregon all by significant double figures. Yet UConn fans interpreted it as Uconn being the fourth best team in the country. That reflects rationalization rather than reason. Now we can not really assume that all the teams ranked ahead of UConn at theis poirnt in time are better than them. Probably not, but we can also not assume that UConn is better than them either. All they have to go on is based on losses and wins and all UConns losses were not close. We need to be farther in the season before we can make a better assessment of which losses are excusable. Right now they just can not justify ranking a 3 loss team over one loss teams who also lost to ranked opponents.

Frankly, UConn has been getting the benefit of the doubt for many years now in respect to rankings. The UConn name and Geno as coach was the major factor, but that seems to have worn down now. They were not the only ones that were elevated because of their reputation but once the favorites no longer continue to constantly win that will eventually cease to be the case. Tenn. higher placement in the playoff brackets dispite getting bounced early every year is just one example of how name reputation carried unjustifiable weight

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
WORTH REPEATING !!
This should be North Carolina State. (I know, I am nitpicking.)

Reaction Score
Centerstream - My bad, North Carolina State.

Do you have an opinion, do we deserve better than # 17 ranking?

Reaction Score
Players would walk into an arena with UCONN on their uniforms and the other team immediately knew they couldn't win, Now, UCONN doesn't know IF they can win, Confidence, confidence, confidence is lacking. You're correct, the talent is there!
this statement is dead on

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom