UConn stats…. G’town just played 3 straight games… | The Boneyard

UConn stats…. G’town just played 3 straight games…

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
In a season filled with some bad breaks, the Huskies may finally get a break. The Big East final will be against Georgetown, who had to play 3 straight games on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Consider their stats in those 3 full games.
1. Baskets in the 3 games = 25, then 23, then 20.
2. Shooting % in the 3 games = 42%, then 46%, then 38%.
3. Three point shooting = 33% (5-15), then 27% 95-18), then 23% (3-13)
4. Minutes played by Ransom, best player = 29, 33, 40. Total 102 in 3 days.
5. Team Points scored = 62, then 53, then 55.

Georgetown should have tired legs. The shooting stats seem to indicate they do, but they are Cinderella at the Ball.
Let’s hope the clock strikes midnight on Monday at 7 pm…

Go Huskies..!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great stuff as always David. Also worth mentioning, both teams likely will be without 2 key players. Edwards is out for UConn (probably out tomorrow) and likely Scott out for Georgetown. I saw Scott's injury and it did NOT look good.

I really hope we get the "good" refs who stop the overly physical play right out the gate. Several Big East tourney games have been total rugby scrums, and that needs to stop. IMHO. Play hard defense without playing dirty or overly physical. If the game is played/called that way, I like our chances a lot.

Reaction Score
Great stuff as always David. Also worth mentioning, both teams likely will be without 2 key players. Edwards is out for UConn (probably out tomorrow) and likely Scott out for Georgetown. I saw Scott's injury and it did NOT look good.

I really hope we get the "good" refs who stop the overly physical play right out the gate. Several Big East tourney games have been total rugby scrums, and that needs to stop. IMHO. Play hard defense without playing dirty or overly physical. If the game is played/called that way, I like our chances a lot.
Well put

Reaction Score
UConn should hopefully have all the advantages in this game even with AE sitting out (if that happens). I think Gtown will make a game of it in the first quarter (or even first half) but UConn will be too much for them.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Don’t know if we will any fresher legs then they will. Our ladies played a lot of minutes. I really think that a tired GTown will try to be even more physical. Not the match up I preferred even though we have the talent edge, I think by a lot. Ice will be tested. They certainly have responded incredibly.

Reaction Score
Well we certainly caught a break for the conference final. Georgetown minus one of their key players playing for the fourth straight day vs. a match-up with a ranked team, possibly without Aaliyah is a major difference.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
it's ultra-important that the uconn six -- SIX! just SIX, with ines on emergency duty -- do not get in early trouble. ... preferably no late foul trouble either.

if this is accomplished (no easy task), i expect victory!

Reaction Score
Edwards will not play. I wish everyone would let that go.

You can't underestimate the emotion GT is playing with to honor their deceased coach (although UConn will be playing for Edwards). They're even more physical than Providence.
No one on either team has fresh legs.
It's going to be a brawl in the paint.
I believe UConn will prevail because we have Paige - and some really good freshman.
Let's hope the refs call a fair game.

Reaction Score
Ice hasn't always played consistently this year, so I hope that after playing the whole game yesterday (many more minutes than her average) that she has the stamina and concentration to do it again tonight.

I did notice yesterday that after Ice picked up fouls, she focused more on just boxing out on the defensive end and not getting the rebound. This may help keep her out of foul trouble, plus our guards are good rebounders.

Reaction Score
In a season filled with some bad breaks, the Huskies may finally get a break. The Big East final will be against Georgetown, who had to play 3 straight games on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Consider their stats in those 3 full games.

Georgetown should have tired legs. The shooting stats seem to indicate they do, but they are Cinderella at the Ball.

Go Huskies..!!
I try not to place too much stock in the fatigue factor when an opponent has to play an extra game to reach a championship final.........both teams are going to be full of adrenaline when the game starts and hopefully, UConn can stay out of serious foul trouble and hold their own on the boards without Aaliyah...........if they can do that they win........

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
We know the stats in tounament games. Both teams will be tired.

Congrats to Georgetown getting to the finals.

If we get decent officiating then UConn will prevail. Too much talent.

And we have Paige and you don't.

Reaction Score

Go Huskies..!!
I also think, though hesitate to mention, that Georgetown lost a starter to injury near the end of yesterday's game. So they may be down a fine player, just as we are.

Kat

Reaction Score
This UConn team really impresses me with their physical fitness. They play flat-out on both ends of the court and can do so for 40 minutes if needed. It's not the schedule that wears opponents down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom