UConn something, something ... syracuse | The Boneyard

UConn something, something ... syracuse

Reaction Score
I LOVE THIS:

How might UConn’s return to the Big East affect Syracuse? (if at all)

"It won’t guarantee success, but it will absolutely help. The Huskies now get annual games against traditional rivals like St. John’s, Villanova, Georgetown and Providence, plus the rest of the new and old members of the current Big East who are all (aside from DePaul) fairly basketball-focused. That Northeast exposure will get fans involved and increase visibility with recruits. Some of those recruits will inevitably be Syracuse targets.

To what extent can UConn beat SU for those players, though? I’d argue they’re well positioned to do so, as we’ve battled the Huskies plenty of talent on the trail in recent years, and lost at various junctures while they were in the AAC. Assuming the move to the Big East puts Connecticut men’s basketball back on track to even something resembling an annual NCAA Tournament contender, you can see how they’ll contend for better players in New York, potentially utilizing the increased exposure there again to beat out the Orange (members of their own decidedly southern conference) more often.

Syracuse can’t do much about that, beyond winning, really. The program prioritizes one to two games in New York City each year and will continue to do so. The ACC has the league tournament there every few years as part of its rotation. That’s as much exposure as they’re getting, unless they start taking strides toward more regular season consistency and wins."

Reaction Score
Nah, I want to keep beating Cuse in MSG.
Whats the upside for us? No need to give them unwarranted exposure. Let their pitch be that they play Duke. Our pitch will remain MSG=Storrs South.

Reaction Score
If they don't agree to play us every year at the Garden, it will tell me everything I need to know about that school and how they perceive us. We can also change their nickname from the fruit to the chicken (emphasis on singular)...or use both when appropriate.

SubInATub

I have midnight visits
Reaction Score
Whats the upside for us? No need to give them unwarranted exposure. Let their pitch be that they play Duke. Our pitch will remain MSG=Storrs South.

To keep a rivalry alive? If they don't play us in MSG, they will play someone else.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I LOVE THIS:

"It won’t guarantee success, but it will absolutely help. The Huskies now get annual games against traditional rivals like St. John’s, Villanova, Georgetown and Providence, plus the rest of the new and old members of the current Big East who are all (aside from DePaul) fairly basketball-focused. That Northeast exposure will get fans involved and increase visibility with recruits. Some of those recruits will inevitably be Syracuse targets.

To what extent can UConn beat SU for those players, though? I’d argue they’re well positioned to do so, as we’ve battled the Huskies plenty of talent on the trail in recent years, and lost at various junctures while they were in the AAC. Assuming the move to the Big East puts Connecticut men’s basketball back on track to even something resembling an annual NCAA Tournament contender, you can see how they’ll contend for better players in New York, potentially utilizing the increased exposure there again to beat out the Orange (members of their own decidedly southern conference) more often.

Syracuse can’t do much about that, beyond winning, really. The program prioritizes one to two games in New York City each year and will continue to do so. The ACC has the league tournament there every few years as part of its rotation. That’s as much exposure as they’re getting, unless they start taking strides toward more regular season consistency and wins."

My favorite comment:

UConn doesn't have the acedemics to join the Patriot League[/B said:
https://www.nunesmagician.com/2019/...-orange-huskies-basketball-football#510837293

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
the rest of the new and old members of the current Big East who are all (aside from DePaul) fairly basketball-focused.

I would be very careful about belittling DePaul - they have been getting better and have a fantastic recruiting class coming in

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I LOVE THIS:

Don't use all caps. Oh, and try to make sense.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The only pitch is 4vs1 and Olender 2 vs The Picker 1

Reaction Score
the rest of the new and old members of the current Big East who are all (aside from DePaul) fairly basketball-focused.

I would be very careful about belittling DePaul - they have been getting better and have a fantastic recruiting class coming in
Agreed, DePaul is on their way back.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what's more embarrassing, the grammar, or the all caps.

What am I missing? 'UConn to BE (Big East) already scaring SU (Syaracuse)'...... I could have included a comma? Good point on the CAPS? Read the article and tried to get it out to the BY (Boneyard) while meeting with a client.

I apologize for the intensely inferior grammar I am not worthy! SMH

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
What am I missing? 'UConn to BE (Big East) already scaring SU (Syaracuse)'. I could have included a comma? Good point on the CAPS? Read the article and tried to get it out to the BY (Boneyard) while meeting with a client.

I apologize for the intensely inferior grammar I am not worthy! SMH
In all caps, BE is the word "be" and not the same as B.E. (Big East). I read it as "be" as did many others. It made Yoda speak look good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom