UConn SNY ratings way up CT | The Boneyard

UConn SNY ratings way up CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this is silly. are we growing some? sure. but ppl are staying home and watching instead of buying in protest of the idiot ad.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
this is silly. are we growing some? sure. but ppl are staying home and watching instead of buying in protest of the idiot ad.

It's in protest of the team being ineligible for post-season play.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
It's in protest of the team being ineligible for post-season play.

i think 90 % of the game crowd would still come out even with our issue to support ko and the team but warde has dug such a hole with ko and the fball stuff that ppl are staying home. if he fired gdl during the season(completely reasonable) and gave ko a couple year contract then things would be different. he has dug a hole with the casual fan perspective wise as to whats going on here.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This is good news, no matter how you slice it, and it supports our ability to help deliver the market that we are in. Noeynox beat me to the punch, as I was just about to make a thread for this when I saw it! :)

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
This is good news, no matter how you slice it, and it supports our ability to help deliver the market that we are in. Noeynox beat me to the punch, as I was just about to make a thread for this when I saw it! :)

Anyone remember the term of the SNY contract? Is there a termination fee or other liquidated damages if we terminate early? If we went B1G or ACC, we'd have to terminate the SNY relationship since BTN and ESPN hold Tier 3 for B1G and ACC respectively as I understand it.

Has there ever been BY discussion that the SNY contract (despite it serving to illustrate Connecticut's reach into Metro NYC) actually may be an impediment to joining a conference with Tier 3 already locked up, at least until the SNY contract expires?

Reaction Score
The contract is merely bought out by the cobference. Pac 12 had to do this very thing. It might take some $'s and some time, but completely with precedent and doable.

Anyone remember the term of the SNY contract? Is there a termination fee or other liquidated damages if we terminate early? If we went B1G or ACC, we'd have to terminate the SNY relationship since BTN and ESPN hold Tier 3 for B1G and ACC respectively as I understand it.

Has there ever been BY discussion that the SNY contract (despite it serving to illustrate Connecticut's reach into Metro NYC) actually may be an impediment to joining a conference with Tier 3 already locked up, at least until the SNY contract expires?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

The women's contract is for four years, and unless I'm mistaken, football is in the second year of a three year contract (I only have a link for the women):

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/sports/UConn-Huskies-CPTV-SNY-Geno-Auriemma-150661855.html

The women's contract is certainly small enough so that it would never be viewed as an impediment to making a move, and I would imagine that the football contract would not be a problem either...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
i think 90 % of the game crowd would still come out even with our issue to support ko

Nah, you are stuck in the 'Yard echo chamber. Most people that have been going to games for years have no clue about the Boneyard. But they hate that we are ineligible for the NCAA's, hate that we were busted for cheating and hate that we don't graduate our players. Unlike most folks here that don't have a problem with all that and don't seem to go to games but would rather stay home and badmouth the fans that actually show up.

Reaction Score

it... as a boss I had once said - "That's what we have lawyers for"!

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
it... as a boss I had once said - "That's what we have lawyers for"!

And Your ex-boss is the worst kind of client.....!

If the contract expires after this season, then it's a non-issue. For some reason I thought it was for a longer term.

It will be interesting to gauge the tv industry's reaction as to whether we renew the sny contract or not, and if so, on what terms.

Reaction Score
And Your ex-boss is the worst kind of client.....! .

Maybe - But that metality seems quite prevalent in the college landscape these days (exit fees, coach contract buy-outs etc...). Damn the torpedoes - full speed ahead

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
Maybe - But that metality seems quite prevalent in the college landscape these days (exit fees, coach contract buy-outs etc...). Damn the torpedoes - full speed ahead

Agreed. The promise of huge future income emboldens present day financial write-offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom