UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lou is becoming a legend. Kaleena needs to get hot so she can put the 3-point record farther out for Lou.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Do some people still think she's the #2 recruit? Who's #1--Maya Moore?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Will Lou outscore Bonnie and Karlies combined 39 in Stanfords game.

Reaction Score
Chris Hansen @ChrisHansenPSB · 19m 19 minutes ago

Watching @therealdanger32 deny and guard @33katielou reminds me of when Lorin Dixon guarded @De11eDonne her at the TOC back in 06 or 07.

That was the year Maya and Tina went at it in an unreal game. Afterwards Tina came out the victor- she was a beast-- but Maya got unbelievable accolades.

I love reading about this stuff.

OT--- I think Dixon was guarding EDD in final 8 or s16 game. Afterwards EDD was upset her team didn't junk defense Tina like she was junk defensed. Still wonder hwo it would have been with a Tina/Maya/EDD lineup and throw in sr Monty for a little bit.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

That was the year Maya and Tina went at it in an unreal game. Afterwards Tina came out the victor- she was a beast-- but Maya got unbelievable accolades.

OT--- I think Dixon was guarding EDD in final 8 or s16 game. Afterwards EDD was upset her team didn't junk defense Tina like she was junk defensed. Still wonder hwo it would have been with a Tina/Maya/EDD lineup and throw in sr Monty for a little bit.
I was hoping to see Tina/Maya/Elena in Istanbul. Maybe in Rio.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Maya gave Tina crap over that game. Maya fouled out on a bogus call and CTK won in OT. Maya asked Tina how she could live with that.

Maya's team lost 2 games her freshman year, including the state championship. Collins Hill lost 0 games her sophomore year. They lost 1 game her junior year--the contested game against national #1 CTK. Collins Hill ran the table in Maya's senior year, including the TOC and a Seattle tourney against Winter Haven (Tiffany) and St. Elizabeth's (Rushdan). The final tally was 125-3. Maya followed that up with 150-4 at UConn. That's 275-7 over 8 seasons. Unreal!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Doing some basic math ... If Lou had 22 of the first 32, she had no more than 43 of the 53. :)

Reaction Score
Doing some basic math ... If Lou had 22 of the first 32, she had no more than 43 of the 53. :)
Don't know the final stats, but don't think she had 43. I only remember a couple buckets in the 2nd half, plus several FTs, especially at the end with the intentional fouling. Blackman looked like they could come back if they had about 10 more minutes - Lou just buried them too deep in the first half.

Still don't think KLS is "guard-like" at all. But she does a lot more than shoot long range. Moves a lot without the ball. She has a funny way of calling for the bounce pass on a back-door cut - holds her hands about a foot from the floor as she's cutting toward the basket, and yells "Woo woo!" It was real pretty when the did find her that way.

Crystal is like a Mini-Moriah. Really really fast. In their half-court offense she would hang out on the perimeter a lot. Sometimes she looks SOOOO tired - like a crippled old lady. Then all of a sudden she catches the ball, takes her man off the dribble and ZOOM - it's over.

Got a kick out of the "Huskies" scoreboard...

Mater Dei 53-44 Nike TOC 122224.jpg

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
KLS had 36 for the game for a 33.5 average during the tourney.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Still don't think KLS is "guard-like" at all.

Right. Think she's a wing/forward in the way KML is, but with more height and reach. Geno may call her a guard but that's just his verbiage. Lou has more post-up ability than KML and can move without the ball as a cutter. Love her game offensively. Defensively, well, Shea will have work to do.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Crystal Dangerfield scored 14 points in the Nike TOC title game loss to Mater Dei.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Wow! 33.5 ppg. I wonder if that's a record. Or if she set the record for threes.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Adamec piece on KLS:

But Samuelson has become more than just a shooter, as her future college coach pointed out over the weekend.

“I’ll tell you what, Katie Lou is a darn good player,” UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. “When you’re that tall and you can shoot the ball like that? And she’s got a little nasty streak in her now. I didn’t see that in her, particularly during her freshman and sophomore years. Most people would say she’s just an unbelievable shooter. A little bit at a time, a little bit at a time, I’ve noticed a bit of an edge to her. It’s about how much more physical she is trying to be. The more she can show that side of her, the better she’s going to be.”

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/good-things-in-threes-for-samuelson-mater-dei/

Reaction Score
Right. Think she's a wing/forward in the way KML is, but with more height and reach. Geno may call her a guard but that's just his verbiage. Lou has more post-up ability than KML and can move without the ball as a cutter. Love her game offensively. Defensively, well, Shea will have work to do.

IMO it is all about verbiage. KLS can shoot the ball like a guard. She won't be a penetrating guard as you say more like KML. AT the other end - if quickness is an issue players like Gabby or maybe even Collier can guard the quicker of the sg or sf which I can then see a classification that she is a guard. And guards can post too,

For anyone that has seen many of the top recruits over the past 10-15 years where does KLS fall in the hierarchy?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Napheesa Collier piled up 39 points, 20 rebounds, and 5 blocks in 24 minutes Friday night in a 25-pt IW victory.

She was 15-19 from the field, 0-2 from three, 9-11 from the foul line.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Napheesa Collier piled up 39 points, 20 rebounds, and 5 blocks in 24 minutes Friday night in a 25-pt IW victory.

She was 15-19 from the field, 0-2 from three, 9-11 from the foul line.
Nice game by Napheesa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22