UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent) | Page 30 | The Boneyard

UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
xxx__katie_lou_samuelson_4325_72275740.jpg

KLS named American-Family Insurance All-USA Girls Player of the Year:

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/america...etball-player-of-the-year-katie-lou-samuelson

Napheesa Collier named to the 5-player first team:

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/2015-am...sa-girls-basketball-team#sthash.faaeMWri.uxfs

Video of the 1st Team:

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/video-american-family-insurance-all-usa-girls-basketball-first-team
All 3 ND recruits are on the 2nd team.

Reaction Score
I smiled when I saw this photo and I couldn't resist. A Great photo and a fair group basketball players too. Now, let's see. If Maya is 6'0" then...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I smiled when I saw this photo and I couldn't resist. A Great photo and a fair group basketball players too. Now, let's see. If Maya is 6'0" then...
Exactly what I was thinking. If their shoes are comparable .... I think what we've seen all along are: NC 6'1"; DJB 6'2"; and KLS 6'3". I think those are close.

That is a great looking group. Are there any more future stars in Jefferson City?

Reaction Score
Nice! Congrats to Kyla. I think she'll add some nice qualities to our team. As a coach's daughter, she should be a very smart player.
Imagine how good she can be with us where she cannot be double or triple teamed.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If you haven't watched the Dangerfield vid above I'd recommend it. She missed some shots in the first half but made a bunch in the second including several highlight-worthy plays. She can get anywhere she wants on the court and her handle is terrific. She really had to work too because the girl guarding her is one of the best off-ball defenders I've ever seen.

Erin Boley's going to be a nice player for ND too.

Reaction Score
If you haven't watched the Dangerfield vid above I'd recommend it. She missed some shots in the first half but made a bunch in the second including several highlight-worthy plays. She can get anywhere she wants on the court and her handle is terrific. She really had to work too because the girl guarding her is one of the best off-ball defenders I've ever seen.

Erin Boley's going to be a nice player for ND too.

Boley seems like a Westbeld clone to me.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Napheesa has long legs. And a great smile. WCBB fans will love her.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Back in February, Blue Star ranked Kyla Irwin 66th in their 2016 rankings. They've moved her up since then to #47.

Reaction Score
The word from The Real Danger.
View attachment 9371
How can we not be excited about this young woman?
Recruiting Dangerfield--
This is another of the 10 reasons why UConn is so good. CD & Geno seem to have fine-tuned their recruiting system to a sweet state. Recruits with Character, willing to sacrifice, adapting to change, understanding improvement is constant, intelligent, and most have a graciousness about them. I respect Geno's method of bringing in 3 guards last year, and three wing players this year----and each year the recruiting philosophy is "each kid is a different type of guard or wing or big." The uniqueness of each player's style was very evident this past year. I think this incoming class has the same uniqueness. Geno & CD have so many moveable parts that UConn can have an answer for any situation. Big Question --- What team in the top 25 had the talent or skill level to ---attack effectively-inside or outside. To defend inside or outside. To run or to go half-court. And do it seamlessly and change it within seconds. I can't think of any other team with those varied skill sets or at the high level for each. IMHO it is Geno & CD and their recruiting system. Of course, as another of the 10 reasons why UConn is tops ---What team has a head coach and a top assistant with 30 years together. That alone is priceless.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Are you sure about that? On her the Chinese team they list her a 183CM, so is 6ft really accurate when you convert from Chinese to to English? It also says she plays Shooting Guard so I'm sure there is something lost in that translation also.

Reaction Score
Are you sure about that? On her the Chinese team they list her a 183CM, so is 6ft really accurate when you convert from Chinese to to English? It also says she plays Shooting Guard so I'm sure there is something lost in that translation also.

LOL. 72" = 182.88 cm. So I think Maya is 6' in either language. BTW. The movie "Lost in Translation" has one of the great opening scenes in cinematic history.

Reaction Score
I
xxx__katie_lou_samuelson_4325_72275740.jpg

Yikes! If Lou plays half as good as she looks.....holy mackerel, look out world!!!!
Mr&Mrs Samuelson are truly blessed with good looking women---Bonnie is top notch as well as Karlie. I don't hold the Stanford game against Bonnie, she did a job on KML that game and drilled a few three's herself. I would love to have been in the room when the Samuelson daughters discussed Katie Lou going to Uconn---something like "Katie Lou if you want a NC you have to select UConn"!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom