UConn Showing Interest 6'6" JUCO | The Boneyard

UConn Showing Interest 6'6" JUCO

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So says Hamilton Neill. I would have put this in the speculation thread, but it is locked. Does this mean Geno got a No out of Strong? I think not. This one is in the watch column.

Reaction Score
There's 6'6" and then there's athletic 6'6". We already have Amari. We need a skilled big who can move, pass and shoot - not just another tall girl. Tough to see from a short youtube montage if Pania Davis is the former rather than the latter.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
There's 6'6" and then there's athletic 6'6". We already have Amari. We need a skilled big who can move, pass and shoot - not just another tall girl. Tough to see from a short youtube montage if Pania Davis is the former rather than the latter.
It’s a high school game.

Reaction Score
It’s a high school game.
I remember looking her up when Nan added her to her prospects list. This player of interest is a logistical nightmare. Perth, Australia? Unless Geno has arranged to pull an SR-71 Blackbird out of its mothballs and arranged for midair refueling, the fastest flight (in the air) time from Perth to Newark is about 25 hours. That does not include connection time in Singapore or the drive to Storrs. Check in time in Perth and customs time in Newark can be added along with the time to get clearance to take off and land.

Reaction Score
I remember looking her up when Nan added her to her prospects list. This player of interest is a logistical nightmare. Perth, Australia? Unless Geno has arranged to pull an SR-71 Blackbird out of its mothballs and arranged for midair refueling, the fastest flight (in the air) time from Perth to Newark is about 25 hours. That does not include connection time in Singapore or the drive to Storrs. Check in time in Perth and customs time in Newark can be added along with the time to get clearance to take off and land.
Pania Davis 6'6" is playing in NEW MEXICO! Even though the New Mexico Junior
College is in SOUTHEAST New Mexico (think: close to Texas) that is a lot closer than Perth!

Reaction Score
Geno bases his appreciation of players based on work ethic. Is he is a hard worker and 6'6 I think she could get on the team but a lot depends on how many current players are still on the roster next season.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So many people are screaming height! height! height! then when Geno recruits tall kids, people feel a need to put them down without seeing a single game. Maybe big kids aren’t coming to UConn because uninformed fans trash them on the Boneyard

I’ll tell you what, why don’t you make a list of available tall kids that you approve of and send it to Geno. I’m sure he’d be thrilled.

If you have an informed opinion from seeing a kid play or watching a few games (one tells you nothing), fine, post your criticisms. But if you trash a kid based on a couple minutes from an high school game, your post is getting deleted. Anyone disparaging our recruits gets a time out. I’ve had enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom