UConn - Seton Hall post game | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn - Seton Hall post game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was happy with the game. Ice got some looks and did well. Q, love her confidence. Comes in just before the half with 20 some odd seconds and nails the three ball. Love it! Ash found her groove. KK did not find her shot but I liked how she was not forcing anything. She focused on Pace and Space. Her drive and penetration game is fantastic. Paige, Aliyah, and Nika are just a joy to watch.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
While Seton Hall is a pretty good defensive team, the shots we were missing were mostly wide open. Felt like an aberration. We were up 17-5 after one but it could have easily been 27-5.

Aaliyah had nine rebounds in the first quarter. We will need something like that on Sunday.

We finally got the lead to over 20 in the third but Seton Hall just stayed the course with their clock-milking offense. Like running the fullback up the middle when you are down three touchdowns. Must have felt that trying anything else would be of no avail.

Reaction Score
While Seton Hall is a pretty good defensive team, the shots we were missing were mostly wide open. Felt like an aberration. We were up 17-5 after one but it could have easily been 27-5.

Aaliyah had nine rebounds in the first quarter. We will need something like that on Sunday.

We finally got the lead to over 20 in the third but Seton Hall just stayed the course with their clock-milking offense. Like running the fullback up the middle when you are down three touchdowns. Must have felt that trying anything else would be of no avail.
Funny third para post but timely. Why change what doesn't work though it did work for the Packers for many years. Depends on if your up or not but why look at the score????

Reaction Score
I don't know where to find the actual stats, but while watching the game, it seemed to me that the refs called as many fouls in the second quarter as the other quarters combined. I mean didn't SH reach bonus territory before 3 minutes had elapsed??? And then they reviewed the stats at halftime and returned to calling some and not calling some.
Officials really need to stop trying to dictate the outcome of games. Not just this one but women's basketball in general. No consistency. Too may phantom foul calls but yet obvious hard fouls which could be dangerous go uncalled:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
It might not have been a pretty game (good defense) we might not be the best team in the country although I think we are pretty good!!, We are taking care of the here and now which are the conference games and doing a very good job of it too. Kudos to the team and coaching staff for all they have accomplished thus far. Go UCONN!!

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Funny third para post but timely. Why change what doesn't work though it did work for the Packers for many years. Depends on if your up or not but why look at the score????
The point about looking at the score is a pretty simple one. if you are down big on the scoreboard and you continue to play a "watch the paint dry" kind of methodical offense you will ultimately run out of time to catch up, even if run your methodical stuff well.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I attended the game in person, and I never saw Caroline on the bench. The other four "walking wounded" were present.

I could speculate that it might have something to do with the bus ride from campus to downtown Hartford, since she was on the bench for the previous two games at Gampel.
Also, could be a messy transcription.... people talk fast with no appreciation for the transcriber. lol.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Random 3 am thought - some of the plays seem to be overly deliberate, and am wondering if the team was working on specific items in a real game situation, in prep for this weekend's battle vs SC.

Reaction Score
I'm gonna nit-pick again, but when someone exited to the bench and the camera followed the player along the bench, I did not see Caroline.
Did I miss seeing her????
I attended the game in person, and I never saw Caroline on the bench. The other four "walking wounded" were present.

I could speculate that it might have something to do with the bus ride from campus to downtown Hartford, since she was on the bench for the previous two games at Gampel.
Me, too, Joe (and Centerstream). I was right across the court from the UConn bench and never saw Caroline.

I don't want to read too much into it, just a choice by Caroline that travelling to and sitting through that game was more than she wanted to deal with... we'll just have to be happy for the times we get to see her with her teammates.:cool:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Ominous game to be sliding into the SC game. Yes, not feeling good about this.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Me, too, Joe (and Centerstream). I was right across the court from the UConn bench and never saw Caroline.

I don't want to read too much into it, just a choice by Caroline that travelling to and sitting through that game was more than she wanted to deal with... we'll just have to be happy for the times we get to see her with her teammates.:cool:
I wasn't trying to read anything into why Caroline was not there.
The only thing that I was asking about was Coach Chris saying post game that all 5 of our wounded warriors were at the game and that I didn't see Caroline on the bench during the game broadcast. I was wondering if I missed seeing her. That's all.

Reaction Score
It is not the box score that dictates the flow of the game, or the movement of a team at either end of the court. At times they looked great, but compare them to other ranked teams and they look much less impressive. Maybe I expect more from a team with 2 All-Americans on the floor. It is just my opinion, so don't take it personally.

I was not questioning your view of the flow of the game, just that you said the game is close until the 4th qtr, 48-25 was the score at the end of the 3rd qtr. I don't know about you but a 23-point lead over a team that has only scored 25 points up to that point does not sound at all like a close game at that point regardless of the flow of the game. That is all, nothing personal.

Reaction Score
I wasn't trying to read anything into why Caroline was not there.
The only thing that I was asking about was Coach Chris saying post game that all 5 of our wounded warriors were at the game and that I didn't see Caroline on the bench during the game broadcast. I was wondering if I missed seeing her. That's all.
Yup, and I wasn't trying to read that into your response, either... we're good. I was just throwing my unsolicited thoughts in there. After all, that's what we do here, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom