UConn sees recruiting bump from Big East move | The Boneyard

UConn sees recruiting bump from Big East move

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

Hurley says that since the announcement, recruits are getting back to him quicker and some guys who had stopped talking to him "did come out of the woodwork and ask me how I'm doing."

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The timing of move has not been finalized, but Hurley said the excitement he's been hearing both from fans and prospects has been palatable.

Technically correct, but just an odd use of the word 'palatable'.

Ever notice that in every article that references the American's weird collection of members, Tulsa is the example given? Has anyone anywhere ever seen a Tulsa fan try to defend themselves? I'm starting to believe that they just don't exist.

pj

Reaction Score
The timing of move has not been finalized, but Hurley said the excitement he's been hearing both from fans and prospects has been palatable.

Ever notice that in every article that references the American's weird collection of members, Tulsa is the example given? Has anyone anywhere ever seen a Tulsa fan try to defend themselves? I'm starting to believe that they just don't exist.

A mixed metaphor, suggesting that Hurley hears with his mouth.

The cliche "palpable", implying that what is heard is solid enough to be felt, is not necessarily more sensible, just more familiar.

Reaction Score
Sky's the limit for Hurley after the move to the BE.

He must've been told this was the university's intention when he was first interviewing with DB.

Can't wait to see which 20'-21' recruits are the first dominoes to fall on our road back to prominence.

Reaction Score

He was going for a Rothstein.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

I think he meant palpable maybe?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I assumed that either Hurley used the wrong word or the reporter got it wrong. Mentally I read it as "palpable". It doesn't even make sense otherwise.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
My first thought was that he meant ‘palpable’, but after looking at it for a while, I think he meant to use ‘palatable’ - again, it’s technically correct, but it doesn’t really work well.

Or autocorrect got him....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I think he was going for "palpable."

Reaction Score

It really doesn’t help that the school is devolving.

One of the first of many d1 private school failures

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Look up Bfields posts. He's sent a ;) on one particular guy. I won't say who. Go like his post--that stuff is currency around here.

If this helps us land that one guy in 2020, who we seem to have lost ground on recently to the NBA factory, I'll be pumped. If it gets said guy to reclass for 2019 and choose the good guys, something weird will happen in my pants.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Most other AAC schools you can make some case for their relevance -- they're in Texas or Florida, have a decent history in Memphis and Temple, even Tulane has New Orleans. But Tulsa just sits there.

Reaction Score
If this helps us land that one guy in 2020, who we seem to have lost ground on recently to the NBA factory, I'll be pumped. If it gets said guy to reclass for 2019 and choose the good guys, something weird will happen in my pants.

A pretty decent source says they haven't really been on him since offering. He's a safety. I can't read the kid's mind, but if that's true I have to think we have as good a shot as anyone

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
A pretty decent source says they haven't really been on him since offering. He's a safety. I can't read the kid's mind, but if that's true I have to think we have as good a shot as anyone

If he is a safety, I'd love to know who we are prioritizing in front of him... and so we are on the same page, I'm referring to Cliff O lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom