UConn scouting sophomore Amaya Brown | The Boneyard

UConn scouting sophomore Amaya Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I Googled her and noticed that Geno was coming out to watch her.

Also out West, but c/o 2017, there's a PG from Oregon City named N'Dea Flye 5'8" ranked #33 by HG who flat out says she wants to go to UConn.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
N'Dea Flye

The cruel naming inventiveness of parents never ceases to amaze me. My all time champion is a boy I went to elementary school with who was gifted with the name Barnyard Manure ... no, not Barnard-Barnyard. He was known as Barnard, but confided in me that his cruel nick name was in fact his real name.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I Googled her and noticed that Geno was coming out to watch her.

Also out West, but c/o 2017, there's a PG from Oregon City named N'Dea Flye 5'8" ranked #33 by HG who flat out says she wants to go to UConn.

"The school I really want to go to is UConn,” she said. “I haven’t heard from them, but they’re coming to see me in Georgia, so I’m excited about that.”
N'Dea Flye

http://highschoolsports.oregonlive....ea-flye-emerges-as-a-top-basketball-prospect/

I'm kind of curious what kind of "disciplinary reasons' caused her to miss an entire season.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
But just lay your eyes on this list of schools that, according to Brown’s mother, Catina Dunn, have offered her daughter a scholarship:

New Mexico, Louisville, Alabama, Arizona State, South Carolina, Oregon, Kansas, TCU, UC-Santa Barbara, Texas Tech, Virginia Tech, Mississippi State, Washington, Colorado, UTEP and Kentucky.

And there are others expected to join this list as well, like Tennessee. And, perhaps, the University of Connecticut.

http://www.abqjournal.com/643192/sports/headline-400.html

HGN

Reaction Score
The cruel naming inventiveness of parents never ceases to amaze me. My all time champion is a boy I went to elementary school with who was gifted with the name Barnyard Manure ... no, not Barnard-Barnyard. He was known as Barnard, but confided in me that his cruel nick name was in fact his real name.
He was only kidding you....He just told you that was his real name to see if you would believe it. No parent would name their kid that. Plus, who has a last name of Manure?:eek:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

My favorite tale about horrible names for children is from "Crazy English" by Lederer. He describes a foreign couple that came to America and were overcome by their love for this country. So passionate were they about the USA that they went to the dictionary to search for the most beautiful sounding word they could find to use to name their newborn infant daughter.

They named her Diarrhea.:eek:

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
You can read about Shea Ralph's visit to see Amaya Brown at Cibola High School in this article in today's Albuquerque Journal.

Ah, on second thought I see the link was already posted.

Cibola HS is only about 15 minutes from where I live. Would have loved to have seen Shea Ralph there.

Reaction Score
You can read about Shea Ralph's visit to see Amaya Brown at Cibola High School in this article in today's Albuquerque Journal.

Ah, on second thought I see the link was already posted.

Cibola HS is only about 15 minutes from where I live. Would have loved to have seen Shea Ralph there.
Love this quote:

"To call UConn the gold standard in women’s hoops seems almost an insult to gold."

Reaction Score
He was only kidding you....He just told you that was his real name to see if you would believe it. No parent would name their kid that. Plus, who has a last name of Manure?:eek:
Who has a last name of Manure? Well, I thought he was kidding as well until I did a search on Anywho for a person with the last name of Manure in CT. One match was found in Stamford CT. I must admit that I was surprised.

Reaction Score
Actually, the author booted it. he meant to say To call UConn the gold standard in women's hoops seems almost an insult to UConn. Otherwise the quote is a slam on UConn, which is obviously not his intent.
Good catch! (Is Chevas still the Chivas Regal of Scotches?)

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Actually, the author booted it. he meant to say To call UConn the gold standard in women's hoops seems almost an insult to UConn. Otherwise the quote is a slam on UConn, which is obviously not his intent.

I agree, but it was pretty obvious what he was trying to say. Overall it was a good article, especially for the Albuquerque Journal. ;)

HGN

Reaction Score
Who has a last name of Manure? Well, I thought he was kidding as well until I did a search on Anywho for a person with the last name of Manure in CT. One match was found in Stamford CT. I must admit that I was surprised.
Old dog, I guess the family Rocky MtBlue was talking about must have moved from their home town to Connecticut.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Old dog, I guess the family Rocky MtBlue was talking about must have moved from their home town to Connecticut.:rolleyes:
Your right! I should have worded it differently. I didn't mean to suggest that it was the same family. The point I should have made is that if there's a Manure in CT (which is the only state I searched) then there sure as heck must be more in the rest of the world.

Reactions: HGN

HGN

Reaction Score
Your right! I should have worded it differently. I didn't mean to suggest that it was the same family. The point I should have made is that if there's a Manure in CT (which is the only state I searched) then there sure as heck must be more in the rest of the world.
Very true..........Because now that I think about it there are Manure in the mid-west and some in the Carolina's too. So we must tell Rocky MtBlue that it's spreading. :rolleyes::)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Driving around this great country, I am constantly reminded (assaulted by the fact, even) that there are Manures just about everywhere - in fact there are so many Manures that families are actually trying to sell them by the truck load!!! :cool: They claim they have given the one's they are selling a good wash too, so they are clean! :eek:
(I though human trafficking was against the law in this country, but I guess if your name is Manure, even the gov't doesn't give a s__t!):confused::)

Reactions: HGN

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Amaya Brown's stock continues to rise. She's #17 on Prospects Nation's list for 2018. She seems awfully keen on Louisville, unfortunately.

Amaya Brown is an outstanding offensive basketball player. But defense is what really sets her apart, making her the No. 1 player in New Mexico and one of the top five sophomores in the nation.

The 5-foot-10 guard from Cibola (Albuquerque) draws special praise from Robert Sanchez, who coaches her in the off-season on the New Mexico Heat Elite Girls Basketball Club.

He told MaxPreps, "She's as good defensively right now as most players in college at the guard position. She's just deadly. She has long arms (6-foot-1 wing span) and you just can't get by her. She's so deceptive and has extraordinary quick hands. With her length and quickness she's lethal. She's an assassin."

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/Xt8PGk...brings-big-recruiting-interest-at-cibola-.htm

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Amaya Brown, Cibola, soph., 5-11, G/F: This is New Mexico’s best all-around player, and its most electric. Worth the price of admission. She’s a blast to watch.

http://www.abqjournal.com/680935/sports/girls-basketball-metro-players-to-watch.html

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"The school I really want to go to is UConn,” she said. “I haven’t heard from them, but they’re coming to see me in Georgia, so I’m excited about that.”
N'Dea Flye

http://highschoolsports.oregonlive....ea-flye-emerges-as-a-top-basketball-prospect/

I'm kind of curious what kind of "disciplinary reasons' caused her to miss an entire season.
I'd be concerned about the disciplinary issue with Geno and CD, but maybe there's a good explanation.

Flye? I guess she is very fast.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My favorite tale about horrible names for children is from "Crazy English" by Lederer. He describes a foreign couple that came to America and were overcome by their love for this country. So passionate were they about the USA that they went to the dictionary to search for the most beautiful sounding word they could find to use to name their newborn infant daughter.

They named her Diarrhea.:eek:
I heard about a set of twins when I was in high school. The Rhea sisters were named Dia and Gono. :rolleyes:

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
And then there is the legendary (and apocryphal) Fonda. And Miss Ima Hogg, dtr of Gov. James Hogg of Texas.

Reaction Score
No doubt pronounced: "Man-ur-Ay"

Reaction Score
And then there is the legendary (and apocryphal) Fonda. And Miss Ima Hogg, dtr of Gov. James Hogg of Texas.
Don't forget about Judge Peter Schmuck who presided in the New York Supreme Court for decades in the first half of the 20th century. This is true. What's not true was a story that circulated that he had petitioned the court for a legal name change. To what? Fred Schmuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom