UConn - SC post game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn - SC post game

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The only person who played well enough to win today Edwards. Paige had to shoot better than she did today to beat SC, she has to be one of the best players in the country for our short handed team to compete. The freshmen have to shoot better than they did today to beat the very best teams. Nika can't turn the ball over 5 times.

I'm behind them until the final whistle blows. But we are a tad bit too short handed. Right, wrong or indifferent, fair or unfair, the 5 starters have to be at their very best

Aaliyah Edwards was, great game Aaliyah. She's evolving into a mega-star

Reaction Score
Few thoughts:
*This was one depressing game.
*If SC does not win the NC this season, it will be a major shock.
*UConn is not a final 4 team at this point.
*In order to have a chance we needed a POY Paige (which didn't happen).
*AE is a fighter and had a real good game. She deserves to be an AA this season.
*Shade worked hard and at least got the confidence to shoot but clearly today was not one of her better games.
*You can't win in this level with only 3 scoring players...
*KK was totally taken out by SC. They had just as quick players and her lack of outside shooting was glaring in this game.
*It seems the ball had oil on it (when UConn was handling it) as so many passes looked shaky, and dribbling seemed like a challenge.
*UConn does not have a bench as Q and Ic are not ready to compete in this level.
*Pao Pao and Watkins where amazing but the key for SC is that they have what seems like endless number of quality players so when they sub in, there is reduction in the quality of their game.
*SC was so much better that it looked from the very beginning that they'll win, and the only question was by how much.
*The refs let a lot go without a whistle in the first half and that allowed SC to be very physical. By the way, the foul call on Paige when she was blocking out for the rebound was ridicules.
*So now, if UConn runs the table in the Big East, it looks like a 3 seed at best.
*This game showed how bad UConn needs the injured players.

Paige is not close to the player she was before her injuries and surgeries. Still a fine player, but not what she was.

Reaction Score
I'm not even pressed about this loss.. All these loses only.make us stronger down the stretch, where it really counts. With the players we have injured on the bench, I'm actually proud of how this team is responding to the situation. Sucks that we lost, UT now we can focus on closing out the regular big east schedule and start preparing for the Big East tournament. I have a feeling a lot of teams are gonna shock top seeds this year.

Reaction Score
Like Coach says “in March you need some
Luck..”

Remember last year South Carolina beat LSU.. then LSU won the national championship.

We just need some luck in March..

That’s why it’s called MARCH MADNESS!

NOBODY had Creighton on their bingo
Card to
Face South Carolina in the elite 8.. and South Carolina returned all
Their players except Destinee Henderson and they got beat by Clark.

We have to play better but we are NOT done.

Does anyone think this game
costed us Sarah Strongs commitment?

Reaction Score
Pao Pao was the difference maker early and the South Carolina guards were too fast, too efficient and too good. Raven Johnson snared 12 rebounds, Watkins and Kitts ran wild and without their biggest chess piece, Staley's squad looks March ready.

UConn did their best, Edwards battled, Bueckers tried but the inexperience caught up on the roster. KK, Shade and Brady aren't quite ready for this level of competition but it was good for them to see this. They will learn and grow. UConn's focus on the Big East starts now and they should put any of these losses to top competition behind them.

There were some questionable calls and this game was physical. I am curious though on UConn's in-game adjustments. They could not buy a shot at moments but I was hoping for some shifts and tweaks for good or for bad that never came.

Reaction Score
9 players and they only play 5. SC is a max effort team and they were exhausted

And next year, while losing just two key players, they bring in three of the top 26 in the nation. And that's not considering that they might just attract some of the best players to come over as transfers.

Reaction Score
Like Coach says “in March you need some
Luck..”

Remember last year South Carolina beat LSU.. then LSU won the national championship.

We just need some luck in March..

That’s why it’s called MARCH MADNESS!

NOBODY had Creighton on their bingo
Card to
Face South Carolina in the elite 8.. and South Carolina returned all
Their players except Destinee Henderson and they got beat by Clark.

We have to play better but we are NOT done.

Does anyone think this game
costed us Sarah Strongs commitment?
Yes, but their best player "Cardosa" is kicking butt against pro players at this time

Reaction Score
That’s been my beef for several tough opponents.
What should my chess strategy be in a match against
That’s been my beef for several tough opponents.
What should my chess strategy be in a match against Magnus Carlsen. Geno likely knew what it would take to beat SC - but a lack of depth and size made any execution of that impossible.

Reaction Score
Nebraska's win over Iowa should be no consolation. What it might well mean is that the Huskers could be another lower-seeded NCAA team that UConn needs to be wary of. :(
Should have clarified, personal consolation watching CC missing many shots in 4th Q!

Reaction Score
A lot of fans are upset at this, but I’ve come to accept the fact that if you practice hard, you’ll get playing time.

I don’t see why anyone would be upset with this. Amari and Ines arent of the ability to help against teams like this. In the end he and his staff recruited them and it is what it is for where they are, but I honestly don’t think many, if any, don’t understand that.

Reaction Score
I thought it was comical how ESPN would repeat how SC was missing one of their starters, yet here we are with 5 down! And the hate from ESPN just keeps on coming!
They put up a whole graphic about your injured players. The big difference is none of those players are expected to come back. This UCONN team is not gonna change. Time for fans to accept that and move on. Stop beating this dead horse to make yourself feel better.

Reaction Score
It used to be UCONN and everyone else and now it is SC and everyone else. Still plenty of basketball left this season.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
UConn missed too many open looks early. If they made some of the open bunnies and midrange shots, they might've made a game of it. I don't think the outcome would have changed, but the margin might have been reduced.

All 'n' all, the result I expected, but I was hoping UConn would have challenged SCar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom