UConn @ Sam Houston State Bearkats (Fri. 4/26 @7:30p ET, Sat 4/27 @4:00p ET & Sun 4/28 @Noon ET) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Sam Houston State Bearkats (Fri. 4/26 @7:30p ET, Sat 4/27 @4:00p ET & Sun 4/28 @Noon ET)

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Do we pitch Wallace in the 9th, or save him for a 2-3 inning stint tomorrow? Extra runs would help.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Phew. Let's hope we depleted their arms for tomorrow and our bats remain relatively hot.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score

Penders sounded exasperated in that interview. A couple of notes:

-"If we can't play defense at 3rd base, maybe we can get some offense." Sounds like Langer will pitch tomorrow
-Praised Kersten for his poise in the 4th inning
-Extremely critical of the defense, said that some guys didn't look like they expected the ball
-Said SHSU played abysmal baseball (similar to the first game at CofC where our opponent could not field at all) and implied we need to play much better to win tomorrow because they won't crap the bed again...my words, paraphrasing :)
-Chiovitti sac bunt was pivotal
-"Guys that are angry they don't get to pitch more on weekends, show me you deserve it."

Glad he didn't sugarcoat the issues just because we got a quality road win. SHSU played like St. Peters today, they are better than that. Still, I liked our at bats more than Penders did even though we didn't barrell too many balls. We worked a lot of walks and put the ball in play.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I don't think I've ever seen a game at this level with so many HBPs from pitchers on both teams. It seemed like there were 10 or more. Maybe not, but there were a lot of them. Most of the pitchers inserted had control issues...walks and HBPs.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
With 1 midweek game this week - I expect either Dunlop or Haus to get some work if the need arises. Johnson, Mayock, Polonia and obviously Wallace are available.

Reaction Score
With 1 midweek game this week - I expect either Dunlop or Haus to get some work if the need arises. Johnson, Mayock, Polonia and obviously Wallace are available.
I believe Simeone is available as well.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Wang: 4 innings
Johnson: 1 inning
Wallace: 2 innings

We will need someone to cover the final two (or more if Wang struggles). Maybe Polonia can step up and throw strikes?

Reaction Score
Wang: 4 innings
Johnson: 1 inning
Wallace: 2 innings

We will need someone to cover the final two (or more if Wang struggles). Maybe Polonia can step up and throw strikes?

If Jimmy Wang is effective, it is possible he could go 5+ innings tomorrow. I would think Simeone and possibly Dunlop are options for tomorrow as well if the game is close.

Reaction Score
AAC thru tonight:

ECU 8-2 over Tulane
Cincinnati 11-9 over Wichita State
Houston 7-1 over USF
Memphis 12 - 7 over UCF

aac.png

Reaction Score
Props to Jeff Kersten today. I've been getting more and more worried about him, so it was good to see. That he was effective against a solid hitting team like Sam Houston State is even better. Definitely one of his better starts this season, especially recently, he probably could have made it for another inning if it weren't for the defensive misplays behind him in the 4th inning.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

In the Rubber Matches to Watch section:

>• Connecticut dropped the series opener to Sam Houston State on Friday but responded in impressive fashion Saturday afternoon with a 9-4 win, as Christian Fedko knocked in a pair of runs. The UConn bullpen also did a nice job with CJ Dandeneau and Caleb Wurster each tossed two shutout innings. It sets up a fun finale on Sunday.<

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Feole isn’t starting...

Chris Jones must have a hangover or something, with Feole starting and 2 D.H.'s and no 3B in the lineup. I would be surprised if Jimmy Wang doesn't get the start.

Mike Woodworth seems to be spending more and more time at 2B. Also good to see Kyler Fedko moving up in the lineup. Nucerino back as well.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Pat Winkel must have been a little shaken up by that HBP, since he is not in the lineup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom