UConn @ Rice Owls (Saturday 10/7/23 @ 5p EDT. Game on ESPN+) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Rice Owls (Saturday 10/7/23 @ 5p EDT. Game on ESPN+)

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
I wonder, with the attention and playing time going to Ta'Quan Roberson, how Zion Turner must be feeling. To know that last year he had them at 2-4 while after this weekend they could be 0-6 has to be weighing heavily on his mind.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I wonder, with the attention and playing time going to Ta'Quan Roberson, how Zion Turner must be feeling. To know that last year he had them at 2-4 while after this weekend they could be 0-6 has to be weighing heavily on his mind.
We would likely be at 0-6 even with Zion. It's not just the QB. It's literally almost everything else as well. I would hope that every backup QB thinks things would be better with him in...if not, why even show up at practice? I bet Ta'Quan thought the same thing last year having to watch Zion from the bench.

Reaction Score
I just looked at the roster. Walker was listed at 5'11.7" 272 lbs last week. This week, he is listed at 6' 1.9" 267 lbs. So he grew 2 inches and lost 5 lbs? Seems odd.
Or.. ya know.. it was incorrect.

Reaction Score
This is a tough spot to be in. 0-5 and playing on the road in Texas. The team's back is firmly against the wall. I'm very interested in seeing how they respond. There are really only two options 1) Come out swinging. You're 0-5 what do you have to lose? Empty the playbook and leave it all on the field. 2) Go through the motions and ride out the year. Hopefully there is enough pride to compete. While making a bowl game might not be in the cards, you can still build toward next season with some positive momentum.

Reaction Score
Looking at the depth chart, with Watts struggling this year and then compounding that with 2 personal foul calls this past weekend, I am surprised that we don't see Branch even listed on the 2 deep. Thought he was solid last year and gave us a good edge rusher.

Reaction Score
If we're scared to or completely inept at throwing downfield we lose. If those routes are not a focus of repetition this week we lose. We should not be favored in this game but in order to turn the ship around we have to further diversify the offense. Clearly Rice will score some points. We need to at least try.

Reaction Score
Looking at the depth chart, with Watts struggling this year and then compounding that with 2 personal foul calls this past weekend, I am surprised that we don't see Branch even listed on the 2 deep. Thought he was solid last year and gave us a good edge rusher.
You talking Eric Watts? Overall, he's been pretty good, if not great for the year. PFF would agree. He generally scores 70+. Our d-line is definitely not a weakness. Sure we don't sack much, but we also don't blitz all that much either.

We're above average against the run. It's just passing defense has been a big issue. Given that Rice plays 5-wide a lot, I wonder if we should switch Plack with more of a coverage LB or a S/LB hybrid (Husky, Rover, Viper-type) role. Would surprise me if we did. Rice definitely has speed on the perimeter.

Reaction Score

My brother said he looked happy playing catch with Roberson on the sideline.

Reaction Score
My brother said he looked happy playing catch with Roberson on the sideline.

I don't think Zion is going anywhere, but this is meaningless.

People said the same sh-- about Rahsool Diggins and CFJ on the basketball team and those two left the team on pretty awful terms.

Reaction Score
I don't think Zion is going anywhere, but this is meaningless.

People said the same sh-- about Rahsool Diggins and CFJ on the basketball team and those two left the team on pretty awful terms.
He’s one play away.

Reaction Score
Here's to not overrunning the play by 5 yards on every blitz or edge rush Saturday!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom