UConn Reserve LB Chris Britton A Different Player (Des) | The Boneyard

UConn Reserve LB Chris Britton A Different Player (Des)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I really liked this kid when we landed him. Amazing how much of it is mental, vs physical ability at this level. If you're not improving, your being left behind.

Reaction Score
He looked pretty stout out there. Not Nazir Williams big but I expect some plays out of him this year.

Reaction Score
Sounds like the switch just flipped on after that conversation with Diaco. I didn't get to the spring game, but I heard he was definitely a standout.

Reaction Score
I continue to have reservations about our LB crew. That Stewart and Vann were not pressed more for their positions last season makes me question what we have coming up. Both were solid, but certainly not spectacular.

Reaction Score
I continue to have reservations about our LB crew. That Stewart and Vann were not pressed more for their positions last season makes me question what we have coming up. Both were solid, but certainly not spectacular.
I disagree totally.. We, for the most part recruit kids that need that redshirt year... or sometimes more time.. like in Britton's case.... we don't get those kids that are ready to play from day one normally.. And, to be honest, I like what's going on with our LB corp... More prep time in the weight room, film room, before seeing the field, with the surplus we have, the cream will rise to the top. Creates better depth at the position for us...

Reaction Score
Agree on the true frosh, but Britton and a lot of those guys were by the red shirt years.

Reaction Score
Britton's a little older.. so if he can mature faster now, and contribute now, better for us...

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Stapleton.

I just keep thinking Stapleton.

I hope opposing OLs are up at night fearing him.

Reaction Score
Not sure what you would have expected from either guy under the system HCBD runs. I get it he wants to win the game even if it is always something like 10 to 7. He wants to contain / prevent. You could count on one hand how often they blitz. No attack uconndogs, just questioning what more Stewart could have done to satisfy you? He played outside, inside, as the spy vs a couple teams, as a down lineman and even had a key block for a touchdown in our bowl game on offense as a fullback! This a job a former fullback / linebacker refused to do. Obviously there was nobody on the team that could have pressed him for his position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom