UConn References in Music | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn References in Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Not specifically a UConn reference, but Raekwon's incarcerated scarfaces is a classic - mentions of "peace Connecticut" at 1:14 mark.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
image.jpg

Reaction Score
Also,

When I was in Dallas for the FF in 2014 my dad, brother, friends and I went to a barbecue place before the championship game. There was a DJ there and a bunch of Kentucky/UConn fans. The DJ asked everyone if they had any pre-game music for either of the teams. Some UK fans went up and put on the John Wall song. After patiently waiting for that monstrosity to end, I went up and put this on

Suck it every UK fan at that barbecue place

Reaction Score
Some other local CT stuff, and more of a CT anthem but in the hook he shouts out "blue and white the huskies CT"

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Nelly rocked a UCONN shirt in his video for The Dilemma

BYPl4O4CIAARzsi.png
Better question is where the hell can I buy one of those.

Reaction Score
Wale and Meek Mill use a ton of pop culture references. The first MMG album was fantastic.

Reaction Score
I don't have a fancy video link but this jokey rapper Lil' Dicky has a song called "Sports" which is just nonstop clever sports references, you should all check it out. One of the lines is:

"Okay, now her clothes are off, and I can see her C pierced like her name was Paul.
I couldn't care less, went down feelin the flavor, and it was hairless something like Villanueva"

Reaction Score
Underground Connecticut Rap Legend - Apathy: CT

-----------
Uh, yeah, I'm on that CT .
Like prayin' UConn win the championships.
All over the world, got fans of this .
So pick me up at Bradley, I'm landing at 6.

I do shows out of state tryin' to rake this dough,
Signed to a major label tryin to make this blow.
Got love, but if anyone wanna hate this though;
Come and see me in the 860.

..FYI Apathy had (don't think he still does though) did a hip hop show on WHUS back in the day.. When i was at UCONN i was part of a club that put on a 4 elements of hip hop show, and Apathy was one of the MCs in the rap battle, (which was epic btw) plus he helped host it.. very cool dude. I think he might have went to UCONN for a semester or 2..

Reaction Score
I don't have a fancy video link but this jokey rapper Lil' Dicky has a song called "Sports" which is just nonstop clever sports references, you should all check it out. One of the lines is:

"Okay, now her clothes are off, and I can see her C pierced like her name was Paul.
I couldn't care less, went down feelin the flavor, and it was hairless something like Villanueva"

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Not specifically a UConn reference, but Raekwon's incarcerated scarfaces is a classic - mentions of "peace Connecticut" at 1:14 mark.

We can get wasted, get lifted in the staircases, word up peace incarcerated scarfaces.

That purple tape.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm old. The only UConn song reference I ever personally heard was, "Watch out where the Huskies go, don't you eat that yellow snow."

Dreamed I was an Eskimo...

Reaction Score
Underground Connecticut Rap Legend - Apathy: CT

-----------
Uh, yeah, I'm on that CT .
Like prayin' UConn win the championships.
All over the world, got fans of this .
So pick me up at Bradley, I'm landing at 6.

I do shows out of state tryin' to rake this dough,
Signed to a major label tryin to make this blow.
Got love, but if anyone wanna hate this though;
Come and see me in the 860.

Apathy is a rap god, one of the best lyricists ever in hip hop.

Reaction Score
I'm a product of 90s/early 2000s hip hop. For those who are (or aren't) Toolzie is for real, a good rapper. Like no joke. The album he put out in 2004 is amazing. His opening for Kanye in 2004 at spring weekend after the title was way better than Kanye's wak a** performance where he was criticizing the sound system at Gampel.

Anyways, check him out. In the meantime - I can't seem to find the audio but the lyrics from a 2004 Joe Budden freestyle:

"I hate guns like I hate condoms, don't like the feel to it/But gotta be safe, so I still use it/Black lottos or get at ya'll in my timbs cuzzin/Hit you with the lead, I'm Hacksaw Jim Duggin/This ain't cute/n*gga this is way past a fluke/Ask Okafor, I'm way past duke"

Wasnt a freestyle is Budden and Stack Bundles (RIP) - Fight Muzik. The 2 songs I was gonna post in this thread was the Budden track and Action Bronson's.

Budden is the GOAT when it comes to sports references and pop culture references. One of the most underrated overlooked artists in rap. Throwing on his discography now to let my mind marinate in his lyrical greatness. Its been a minute since I listened to Budden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom