UConn part of PK85 Tournament next season (November 2022) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn part of PK85 Tournament next season (November 2022)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yes I have read on BY before that their parent has moved. Still I am sure Minnesota would still be considered home to someone only one year removed during adulthood. In addition, all the coaches and old teammates probably still live there. Alexa Phillipou (The Courant) reported that UConn and Minni were in talks to schedule a serious. Reported back in Nov 2021.

Did not realize Georgetown could be a home game. That is a win win! Nice add that Azzi’s parents plan to see many of her games. I am sure everyone else who has known Azzi would like to see her play in a homecoming game as well. BTW, the DMV area has 3 states so saying she lives in “virginia” doesn’t make much difference. Isn’t her high school is a 25 min drive to the University of Maryland? Or am I getting the schools mixed up? Anyway it’s a win win since Maryland would be a great add to the schedule.

All in all, my sentiment stays the same: I hope we can schedule a series with Minnesota and Maryland for Azzi and Paige’s homecomings. The schedule definitely looks good next year so far!

Yes, Azzi's family and I live in the DMV. I'm not sure where in Maryand Bob Buckers moved to.

SJC HS is in DC, practically on the border with Maryland. It's 6 miles from Georgetown U. and 8 miles from UMD. Of course, Azzi is very popular.

Reaction Score
One thing that amazes me about AE is how strong she is.
She's in such good shape that she could probably play 3 games in a single day, never mind 3 games in 3 days.

After her arm got hooked last game and she got flung onto the floor like a rag doll, many other players would probably have been injured.
But she took a licking and kept right on ticking.
She's as strong as an oak a maple (leaf) tree.
Fixed it for you.

Reaction Score
Yes, Azzi's family and I live in the DMV. I'm not sure where in Maryand Bob Buckers moved to.

SJC HS is in DC, practically on the border with Maryland. It's 6 miles from Georgetown U. and 8 miles from UMD. Of course, Azzi is very popular.
Clarksburg, roughly 30 miles north of DC.

Reaction Score
Thank you @LoTrader. I went ahead and signed up for presale; not yet sure I'll be able to attend but what a fun basketball trip that would be.
@Plebe, I hope you and others can make the trip. Would love to meet you all, and I'm sure I could arrange a gathering for us all somewhere in the greater Portland area. Could also assist in helping with advice on hotels, etc.

Reaction Score

Personally, I can't see myself living in the Department of Motor Vehicles, but to each his or her own.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Seriously, we went to the tourney several years ago at Florida Gulf Coast in Estero. Spent a week and had one of our best Thanksgivings ever. Part of it was hanging with other UConn fans. Perhaps the most amazing fan event of the tourney was a large dinner at a local restaurant arranged by Dave in Naples. There were at least 30 people there – could have been 50 – eating and drinking, and at the end of the day, Dave picked up the tab. Unbelievably generous.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
@Plebe, I hope you and others can make the trip. Would love to meet you all, and I'm sure I could arrange a gathering for us all somewhere in the greater Portland area. Could also assist in helping with advice on hotels, etc.
I love Portland and some of the nearby natural attractions, and I'm overdue for a visit.

I'm particularly fond of Powell's City of Books, billed as the world's largest used bookstore.

Reaction Score
Have you talked to her? Did she tell you that the time wasn't worth it?

Some of y'all think her season was "ruined" by that time because you only think of them as players at UConn here to perform at the highest level for your viewing pleasure. Never mind what other things they have going on. Whether she played or not, that might be an experience that she will cherish for the rest of her life.
I like the thought for Edwards, but not the preface.

Reaction Score
Picked up my 2 x tickets to the "2022 Phil Knight Legacy Women's Tournament" which takes place over the Thanksgiving Weekend (Friday & Sunday) in Portland, OR. I live in a community 20 minutes from where the games will be played, and looking forward to meeting members of the "Boneyard" Community. As the tournament approaches would love to set up a place to meet "pre-game" or "post-game".

Reaction Score
I think pre-sale for tickets is bazaar. I did that and got an email about reserving tickets for one of the venues. Only one specific venue. Nothing about multiple venues or team specific options. I have ZERO interest in that.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
OMG! So exciting to have these great WBB programs visit the State of Oregon. I'll look forward to meeting those Boneyard WBB fans who make the trip west.
It's not super close to LA, but it's about a 2 and a half hour flight and given that I rarely get to see UCONN Play in person, i will likely head up for that. I'm planning on going to Australia for the World Championships so i will have to see, but maybe @MilfordHusky would want to head out there to see 3 UCONN game in 3 days.

Will there be a 4th game? Where the winner of each bracket plays, the #2 play, etc.? I checked the articles and links but could not tell how they will structure it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom