UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle | Page 54 | The Boneyard

UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Our QBs had terrible touch on their passes at times too.
No doubt, but even when they put it on target it was dropped away way too often.

Reaction Score
I would argue it worked out. He played all of last year coming Back from knee injury.
UConn was 3-9 last year so what the team was doing wasn't working out. Mora knew change was needed and he made changes in personnel and coaches. UConn especially needed better play at QB and it was clear to most that Roberson wasn't the answer, especially as a passer. It was great that he was able to recover from injury enough to be able to play the season at QB, but he never seemed to regain his speed.

Reaction Score
I thought Roberson played pretty well last year. Why we wasn’t able to clearly grab the job this year is a real red flag for me. Something with him (physical, mental) ain’t right. At the end of the day, no big loss. Let’s hope Evers can realize his potential.

Reaction Score
I can't state enough the number of drops from our WRs on what should have been pitch and catch plays was absurd. Has to be why they went so heavy in the portal. That kills all momentum and makes any OC gun shy about putting it in the air.

For once i wouldn't mind if they did the rotating QB thinf with Fagnone and Evers.
Agreed the amount of drops were absurd last year and short-circuited any consistent offensive production. With thatI want someone to clearly win the QB1 job. IDK who it is.

Reaction Score
good landing spot for him. I wish him well.

To me this just means the coaches have enough confidence in our quarterback room that they pushed out someone talented enought to be QB2 at KSU.
did they push him out or did he leave, big difference

CL82

Reaction Score
Probably because the receiver was in shock that it was on target
Perhaps, but the combination probably took years off my life. Plus, the lovely Mrs. 82 got to hear such phrases as "You had it! You ephing had it!! You've got to hang onto that!! He's got to ephing hang onto that!!! Right in the ephing numbers! Ephing unbelievable."

Reaction Score
Perhaps, but the combination probably took years off my life. Plus, the lovely Mrs. 82 got to hear such phrases as "You had it! You ephing had it!! You've got to hang onto that!! He's got to ephing hang onto that!!! Right in the ephing numbers! Ephing unbelievable."
Mrs. 2317 heard something very similar in my residence as well lol

Reaction Score
No doubt, but even when they put it on target it was dropped away way too often.

On target doesn’t mean had the right touch. Having the right velocity and spin are critical parts of throwing a catchable pass.

CL82

Reaction Score
On target doesn’t mean had the right touch. Having the right velocity and spin are critical parts of throwing a catchable pass.
Agree, but think back to the games, there were plenty of passes that were catchable and I'm not talking about the ones that were thrown a little behind or a little low that we're still catchable. If you have curled back around and are facing the quarterback and a pass hits you in the numbers you ought to be able to reel it in.

Reaction Score
Agree, but think back to the games, there were plenty of passes that were catchable and I'm not talking about the ones that were thrown a little behind or a little low that we're still catchable. If you have curled back around and are facing the quarterback and a pass hits you in the numbers you ought to be able to reel it in.

There were also 8 yard passes thrown at light speed and off target that were dropped.

Reaction Score
Mrs Off wont even be in the same room with me when watching football.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom