UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle | Page 28 | The Boneyard

UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle

Reaction Score
Is it possible for a player to withdraw their name from the portal and stay? Maybe Joly would stay
Why on earth would he stay? He is still going power 4 and will get way more money than UCONN could give him.

Reaction Score
I suspect as more and more situations like Joly is facing now pop up, the number of players who enter the portal will subside a bit. There will still be a lot but a market correction, so to speak, will occur. Right now, it's so new that it's a free-for-all and the warts of the process are not as apparent.

Reaction Score
Well of course. That is what every team and every fan in every sport wants isn’t it? Keep the good players, replace the lesser ones with better ones.
I would say loyalty is a 2 way street, but honestly it doesn't matter to me. Much like a marriage you need two happy parties for it to work. If someone thinks there are greener pastures out there, i would wish them well and move on.

Reaction Score
Why on earth would he stay? He is still going power 4 and will get way more money than UCONN could give him.
I don’t know, he committed to UConn once before, so why not stay if he feels expendable at the P4 level? Just a question. I haven’t heard of a portal player withdraw from the portal and stay with their team, but I don’t follow it all that closely. That’s why I asked

Reaction Score
Funny you should bring this up. Florida seems to be having a mass exodus today with some quality DL going in the portal.

Folks, kids want to get paid and i don't blame them. If you can pay coaches millions, you can't cry broke.

The schools pay the coaches, they cannot pay the players. They need to have the fans, boosters, or corporations step up for NIL payments.

Personally, I would prefer to not contribute NIL money to “buy” players and then see them leave. I don‘t do it for the NFL, NBA, NHL, etc. If I buy a jersey or attend a signing thats a different story.

I’d rather give my money to other causes for people in need, like T2T, Bridgeport Rescue Mission, Homeless Chidlren, etc. My spouse and have regular entities we contribute to and we try to find an additional different cause each month. I’ll pay for tickets, go to games, etc. I worked multiple jobs over 4 years to pay for my college education. I worked hard to ensure that my children had no student loans when they graduated. The players already receive a full scholarship including room and board. If they don’t value an education, thats on them.

Reaction Score
I don’t know, he committed to UConn once before, so why not stay if he feels expendable at the P4 level? Just a question. I haven’t heard of a portal player withdraw from the portal and stay with their team, but I don’t follow it all that closely. That’s why I asked
Yes, players have pulled themselves out of the portal and rejoined their former school.

Reaction Score
Is it possible for a player to withdraw their name from the portal and stay? Maybe Joly would stay
Yes, players have pulled themselves out of the portal and rejoined their former school.
Not thinking that will be the case in this situation but I’ve been wrong before:

Reaction Score
Justin seems like a great kid and obviously has earned his opportunity, however you can imagine how frustrated Mora and the coaches must feel when Mora goes out of his way to be complimentary to the players leaving the program and a player makes negative comments about the program on his way out.

Reaction Score
Joly not a fan of the independent schedule.

jon-snow-sword.gif

Being Independent flat out sucks. He is 100% right.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I'm sorry you were offended.

This is what was posted:

"Just an FYI for everyone. The portal actually opens tomorrow. Up until now, it is only grad transfers or teams with coaching changes."

I pointed out that underclassmen could declare they are going into the portal at anytime and didn't have to wait until Monday. Heck we had Houston and Brewton announce they were going into the portal before the halfway point in the season.
He stated when the portal actually opens - you started with the statement "You are wrong", and he was completely correct.

No problem with the rest of your statement.

Reaction Score
I would say loyalty is a 2 way street, but honestly it doesn't matter to me. Much like a marriage you need two happy parties for it to work. If someone thinks there are greener pastures out there, move on.
Ftfy

Reaction Score
Justin seems like a great kid and obviously has earned his opportunity, however you can imagine how frustrated Mora and the coaches must feel when Mora goes out of his way to be complimentary to the players leaving the program and a player makes negative comments about the program on his way out.
Nothing he said is false. Hell, Mora basically said the same thing a month ago.

Reaction Score
There were a few last year. Don’t ask me to name them. But I remember it happening

Reaction Score
UConn and Mora showed nothing but class when Joly announced he was leaving and he decides to go negative. Everything UConn did for him was positive and he should be more positive about his experience as he leaves. Nothing he said is not at least partly true, but you learn as you get older if you don't have something nice to say don't say it, especially when you are leaving an employer. If I was a coach, his comments would raise a big red flag.

Reaction Score
He stated when the portal actually opens - you started with the statement "You are wrong", and he was completely correct.

No problem with the rest of your statement.
Over 1,000 kids randomly decided Monday was the day to enter the portal apparently for no reason at all.

Reaction Score
Not thinking that will be the case in this situation but I’ve been wrong before:

Bring back Diaco as a strategic consultant on the direction of the program or athletics. We are losing players because we don't have the Civil ConFlict, football is on Nickelodeon, and I have a feeling fishcakes are going to be on everyone's diet soon. The man can see into the future........

Originally I typed that in jest, but as wacky as he was and how much he failed coaching here, it turns out he actually did sort of understand the things that made people passionate to play and avenues to expand the brand. May have not had the best way about accomplishing those things, but hey, nobody is perfect.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
UConn and Mora showed nothing but class when Joly announced he was leaving and he decides to go negative. Everything UConn did for him was positive and he should be more positive about his experience as he leaves. Nothing he said is not at least partly true, but you learn as you get older if you don't have something nice to say don't say it, especially when you are leaving an employer. If I was a coach, his comments would raise a big red flag.
Comments are disappointing even if they're true..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom