UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle

Reaction Score
Best of luck to Zion. He'll get picked up quick and probably see some success elsewhere.
My regret with Zion is that he was no given a chance this year. After all he did for us last year and as bad as TR was playing at times, ZT should have had a couple of halves on his own to see what he could do. Instead he drifts off to another program.

It’s sad to me in that the kid put it all on the line last years playing as a true FROSH because he was our only option.

Next year, Mora is like “see ya wouldn’t want to be ya”

I don’t like anything about how that went down.

If TR was lightening them up I would get it but there were times were he flat out was stinking up the joint and yet ZT sat… and sat…

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
The rumor is Zion has a landing spot already set up. But that is just the rumor I was told.
The voice in the back of my head wonders if Zion asked Mora to keep him off the field. If he already knew he was leaving, they may have had an agreement - barring injury to Roberson - to protect his value.

Reaction Score
UD has just spent 125MM to upgrade the football stadium and build an athletics center to not play Monmouth, Campell and the Bryants in the conference. Their 48MM athletic budget is subsidized 42MM by the university. They lost 3500 seats to the upgrade, now 18500 seats. UD is a school that includes facilities maintenance in the AD budget.
UD?

Reaction Score
The reasons for continuing FBS football programs despite them consistently running at a loss w/o outside injections of money is simply public perception. And I'm wondering if that's going to continue to be the case. I think for many schools who try to compete in NIL $ but don't bring at least semi-regular appearances in conference championship game, it's gonna eventually backfire.
The only cost to those schools is the opportunity cost of donors funding the players directly through NIL, rather than sending that check to the school for facility/coaching upgrades, etc.

The real risk is that the failure to be competitive erodes the fan-base and essentially turns your stadium to a sound stage for a game, but if you're in a major conference, the TV revenue requires that you play, not that you can compete.

Reaction Score
I may try Trinity football next year.
17 - 1 last 2 years. Score about 45 points per game.
No Tickets. Free. Just show up and take a seat.
Same thoughts here. And I am equally likely to watch Wesleyan even though their success has been nowhere near as consistent recently.

Reaction Score
I wish UConn had someone in place that could be leader in getting a conference going with the eastern teams and the academies. Not saying move BB there, before anyone has a heart attack.
All of the usual suspects in or around the Northeast who should be in a conference together are now spread out among the Big 10, ACC, Big 12, AAC, C-USA, MAC, Sun Belt, but we all know this. It seems to be, get into the ACC or some derivative of a poached ACC. The Big East Football programs didn't know how good they had it. OK, back to transfers.

Reaction Score
All of the usual suspects in or around the Northeast who should be in a conference together are now spread out among the Big 10, ACC, Big 12, AAC, C-USA, MAC, Sun Belt, but we all know this. It seems to be, get into the ACC or some derivative of a poached ACC. The Big East Football programs didn't know how good they had it. OK, back to transfers.
Makes me wonder when the ACC is plundered if Big East Football comes back. Obviously would look very different but would be a geographically logical conference. At this point that’s all we can ask for.

BC, UCONN, Delaware, Temple, UMASS, a Virginia school or two (Virginia Tech and James Madison?), Miami, Duke, Syracuse, Wake Forest and a few more.

PWS

Reaction Score
P5 programs to any decent UConn player: "you're playing time and production will go down but here is a bag of cash to come give us depth. See you in the fall."
Just annoying to see what Marion and turner did this year, but it's where we are.
They were both good players and were better than what we had, but Turner did squat at Cincinnati. He had 11 catches for 89 yards. Not sure if they paid him, but on football alone, it wasn’t a great move for him.

Reaction Score
I wish UConn had someone in place that could be leader in getting a conference going with the eastern teams and the academies. Not saying move BB there, before anyone has a heart attack.
I order to pull that off, BB would have to be included.

Reaction Score
I may try Trinity football next year.
17 - 1 last 2 years. Score about 45 points per game.
No Tickets. Free. Just show up and take a seat.
I'm moving to Maine this January and planning to watch some U. Maine games. Nice little stadium up there.

Reaction Score
If D'Amelio was talking to JJ as someone mentioned here, and still couldn't convince him to stay, seems we could be in a bigger hole than even Mora assumes.
Just not gonna be able to compete w/ some…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom