UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn Outbound Transfers for 8/1/23>7/31/24 Cycle

Reaction Score
I had a feeling Zion was gonna bolt. I think he’s the type of player that with the right program and with some time, he could develop into a stud QB. He wants to play now. I’m not sure transferring will get him what he’s looking for. Best of luck to him
I felt the same way about ZT... I think we probably win a few more games with him as starter this now past season (sticking to that because proof is in the pudding... we did win 6 games with him as the starter last year)... Wherever he ends up he's going to do well.. He's a winner... Just didn't get a real chance to show it here... He showed signs though (arguably ignored...just sayin...)

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Love people telling us not to freak out when your team sucks, but the few good players are likely also transferring. The portal will never be a net positive for this program, it’s not basketball.

Reaction Score
I had a feeling Zion was gonna bolt. I think he’s the type of player that with the right program and with some time, he could develop into a stud QB. He wants to play now. I’m not sure transferring will get him what he’s looking for. Best of luck to him
This is all fan fiction as this point, but I can’t imagine seeing his hometown (ish) FIU have success with another Miami kid as a true freshman at QB, while he was on the bench felt great.

Reaction Score
This is like almost every program right now.

Something like 5,000 players in the NCAA are about to hit the portal.

Brace yourselves!
And this is why it is becoming more difficult to remain a fan of college football in general. I'll always be a UConn fan, and will go to and watch as many games as I can, even when the team is hot garbage, but my overall affection for college football in general is waning. It's the same old teams in the playoff every year, coach's getting paid multi millions not to coach, kids jumping into the portal like a swimming pool on a 100 degree day, schools poaching players with NIL bags, multi-year starters leaving to chase $$$ elsewhere. It's all lost its luster for me.

Reaction Score
And this is why it is becoming more difficult to remain a fan of college football in general. I'll always be a UConn fan, and will go to and watch as many games as I can, even when the team is hot garbage, but my overall affection for college football in general is waning. It's the same old teams in the playoff every year, coach's getting paid multi millions not to coach, kids jumping into the portal like a swimming pool on a 100 degree day, schools poaching players with NIL bags, multi-year starters leaving to chase $$$ elsewhere. It's all lost its luster for me.

If the team is made up of players like bin Wahad who come for a year, show they can play and move on, it will be much less fun following and being emotionally invested in the team. Between all the losing and the changes in the way rosters come about, I really feel like my interest is hanging by a thread.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Joly
Without putting much thought into it, on offense, Cam Edwards, Cam Ross, Joly and Rosa quickly come to mind. You may not care who we lose, but if we lose our best players, you're really gonna care who we get.
FBS rosters are littered with players of their caliber and plenty will be in the portal. Not saying I think our player suck, I just think they're in the fat part of the bell curve for their pisitions.

Reaction Score
If the team is made up of players like bin Wahad who come for a year, show they can play and move on, it will be much less fun following and being emotionally invested in the team. Between all the losing and the changes in the way rosters come about, I really feel like my interest is hanging by a thread.
Exactly! Then all we've become is Stepping Stone U. Hard to maintain interest in that.

Reaction Score
I would expect 10-20. That’s just the way it goes. Anyone who is unhappy with PT, or, who who think they can rise a level are gonna leave.
Last Cycle:
UConn Football Transfer Portal (8/1/22 thru 7/31/23 Cycle)
  1. RB Will Knight
  2. WR Darius Bush > Georgia State
  3. RB Nate Carter > Michigan State
  4. WR Mark Didio (PWO) > Wagner
  5. DL Kayode Oladele > Abilene Christian
  6. DB Deon McLean > CCSU
  7. DB Juan Rosario (PWO)
  8. WR Hayden Jordan (PWO)
  9. TE Russ Dixon
  10. WR Ethon Williams > Shepard University
  11. QB Tyler Phommachanh > Post University
  12. WR Aaron Turner > Cincinnati
  13. WR Keelan Marion >ECU >Decommitted > BYU
  14. WR Nigel Fitzgerald > Fayetteville State Univ
  15. DB Myles Bell > Marshall
  16. LB Prince Samuels > Coffeyville C.C.
  17. K Jake Andjelic (PWO) > Indiana State
  18. DB Derek Spearman > Notre Dame College
  19. OL Nikko Pohahau > Retired from football

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The offensive line gave 11 sacks the entire season. That is a very, very good number. They were the best unit on the field.

Calling them mediocre says way more about the poster than it does about the o-line.
We ranked at about 100th offensively - passing and rushing. It’s great that our mediocre qb was only sacked once a game while trying to find mediocre WRs, but when you can’t move the ball you have to wonder why kids from Bama, Michigan and Boise are watching. I thought we’d see more from them.

You can attack me if u want but aside from Haynes, who do u see suiting up on Sundays? You can blame everyone as this team was mediocre across the board on a good day, but being the so-called strength on a bad team does not equate to strong or great play. If they were that great, we’d have seen that somewhere other than sacks allowed category.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Ross and Porter couldn’t get separated? You point out Buckman of all people????

You misunderstood. Buckman was the guy the Defense chose to leave one on one and was the easy throw for the QBs. His separation was being left open.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Fans love the third string QB. Truth is he was the incumbent with nearly a full season under his belt and lost out to an FCS transfer and a P5 backup washout. If he couldn't hold the job then of course he was leaving and why would we miss him?

We are just going to have to get used to the fact that guys who aren't starting 4 games in are going to leave and until they change the calendar, they are going to be leaving/quiet quitting during the season. These transfers aren't secrets inside the program. Zion wasn't playing because he was transferring. We need to do whatever JMU was doing to field a decent team in their transitional period.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
That sucks about Zion. The kid stepped in and turned a potential disaster into a salvageable season, and he did it with class. It's baffling that he didn't get more playing time this season, so I can't fault his desire to leave, especially when the "better" QB only got half as many wins as Zion did last year (which is a gross simplification considering we had a better running game last year). I wish Zion well.

Damn, now we lost Mumu too?!?!
Feel the same way. ZT got us to a bowl game - hard not to feel sentimental about him leaving and will root for him wherever he goes.

Mumu is a big loss and we probably have to brace ourselves for more.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Have to shift from finding joy in player development to finding joy in being a rag-tag group of mercenaries.

Committed relationships are great but one night stands are fun, too.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Have to shift from finding joy in player development to finding joy in being a rag-tag group of mercenaries.

Committed relationships are great but one night stands are fun, too.
It really depends if you’re looking for love or not. Sometimes that one night stand can turn into something you don’t expect. Like a child or a sexually transmitted disease. Both of those can be fun tho, there is a subset of odd humans on this planet that enjoy sexually transmitted diseases. Weird, I know. Not for me.

But in today’s all-inclusive society both should be considered fun. The fun ends when one side is chasing love and the other is chasing a quick fix after 7 pints of beer at the local bar. Sloppy, quick, but does the trick - sometimes. Sounds like our offense.

I guess my point is do what makes you happy, but if you can find one that cares and is willing to become a good cook then you better set your sights for something longer than a one night stand. Unless you’re both chefs and work overnight shifts, leaving you to cook dinner after you wake up from your soggy one night slumber.

Either way, good luck.

Reaction Score
It really depends if you’re looking for love or not. Sometimes that one night stand can turn into something you don’t expect. Like a child or a sexually transmitted disease. Both of those can be fun tho, there is a subset of odd humans on this planet that enjoy sexually transmitted diseases. Weird, I know. Not for me.

But in today’s all-inclusive society both should be considered fun. The fun ends when one side is chasing love and the other is chasing a quick fix after 7 pints of beer at the local bar. Sloppy, quick, but does the trick - sometimes. Sounds like our offense.

I guess my point is do what makes you happy, but if you can find one that cares and is willing to become a good cook then you better set your sights for something longer than a one night stand. Unless you’re both chefs and work overnight shifts, leaving you to cook dinner after you wake up from your soggy one night slumber.

Either way, good luck.
I need a break from the Yard after this one. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom