UConn-Oregon game thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn-Oregon game thread

Reaction Score
According to ESPN, Oregon had to travel, Oregon has exams, Oregon is tired. Not to take anything away from UConn. Typical ESPN.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Did ESPN tell Andy Landers he wasn't allowed to bring a pink flamingo to the set?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Like has been said by many other teams, you really don't understand UConn basketball until you have to play them. The intensity and speed cannot be judged by viewing tapes.

Oregon now understands.

Reaction Score
The unfortunate thing is that it does seem to affect her play (another poor shooting night), and other teams will follow this blueprint for the next 2+ years.
I think a lot of people would probably let shots to the head affect your shooting. Are you suggesting that more teams will start smacking their opponents upside the head in their defensive schemes?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You are not seriously saying that they are being anti-UConn, I hope.
They spent an hour marveling at UConn's performance. And then decided to throw a crumb Oregon's way.
And a meager crumb at that.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Baskets in the Paint at the half
Oregon 5 (2-3)
UConn 11 (4-7)

Oregon doesn't know where the paint is. They may not even know where they are or what day it is.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
With UConn committing highway robbery every time the Ducks try to get the ball into the post and Lou & Saniya stealing passes on the wings, the Ducks can't run their offense.

Reaction Score
I think a lot of people would probably let shots to the head affect your shooting. Are you suggesting that more teams will start smacking their opponents upside the head in their defensive schemes?

No, I'm suggesting that teams will continue to be physical with Lou in an effort to knock her off her game -- because it seems to work.

Reaction Score

LOL.....new defensive scheme.....okay run slap happy!

Reaction Score
I don't usually get on the announcers but you are right. Collier made two great blocks in a row and.....nothing.
In some cases the announcers are making a point to educate some fans and I don't think anyone missed either of those blocks so commenting wasn't really all that necessary. They might actually get it on tape at another point of the game or during the halftime show to acknowledge a great defensive set by Napheesa.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
It's as though sometimes the ESPN crew thinks that they are judging a contest instead of describing one. A certain amount of judgement is necessary, but I think it is a mistake to try to get into a player's head to describe what you THINK their thought processes are.

With all the bugs, the announcers' focus today is far better than it was for the UCLA game.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
As to the shots to the face - at some the NCAA rules committee is going to have to address this issue. And not just becasue Lou has been getting hammered. This is serious and can be dangerous.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
According to ESPN, Oregon had to travel, Oregon has exams, Oregon is tired. Not to take anything away from UConn. Typical ESPN.

Cry us a river. Don't lose 13 regular season games if you don't want to travel anywhere during the tourney.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I'm sorry - I don't understand what you mean.

Radio play by play (PBP) requires me to describe everything; said another way, I have to paint a picture for the listener with my words. TV has a picture already; it allows me to use far fewer words, and do a little more explaining and a little less describing. Unless my audience member is visually impared (and yes, that is a real issue), my TV call should frame the picture, not paint it.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
What must Brenda Frese be thinking seeing UConn destroy Oregon in the 1st Half?

Still a Half to play. Don't let up the gas or go on long scoring droughts. Make this a 40 point game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom