UConn not in Gavit Games? | The Boneyard

UConn not in Gavit Games?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Just saw this....kind of a bummer.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is it me, or does it seem like we have been pretty consistently overlooked in inter-conference matchups in the Big East? This one in particular is just dumb.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
No idea why we continue to get screwed out of these opportunities. The conference should be showcasing us.
Assuming some schools aren’t happy we’re back

Reaction Score
Big deal. They can amend a contract. This is an AAC-level decision.
It's unclear which side doesn't want to expand it. Could be b1g. Maybe the conference commissioners agreed to expand and then the b1g schools who weren't planning to be in it complained their schedules were already full.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
It's unclear which side doesn't want to expand it. Could be b1g. Maybe the conference commissioners agreed to expand and then the b1g schools who weren't planning to be in it complained their schedules were already full.
Oh, stop being reasonable. This is the Boneyard!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So basically you're agreeing with me that this is an AAC-level decision. Stuff can get done if people want it to get done. Evidently the powers that be don't want this to get done.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Did the contracts call for UConn to play this year or were they drawn up before UConn was back in the NBE?
Thats the important question

Reaction Score
Did the contracts call for UConn to play this year or were they drawn up before UConn was back in the NBE?
Thats the important question
The article said the contract was done before UConn rejoined the Big East.

The Games have pitted Big East teams against Big Ten teams in early November each year since 2015. UConn was not a member of the Big East when the Gavitt Games began, and since the contracts and pairings had largely been determined before UConn joined the league three seasons ago, the Huskies have yet to play in them.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The B10 does not care if we’re in this. They’re not obligated to reshape the contract for UConn.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The article said the contract was done before UConn rejoined the Big East.
I'm pretty sure I've read this on the Boneyard at least 20 times over the last year. Now it's at least 21 times.

They’re not obligated to reshape the contract for UConn.
No kidding, Big 10 apologist. But why wouldn't you want to play the best and win the CBB viewing night if you have the chance?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure I've read this on the Boneyard at least 20 times over the last year. Now it's at least 21 times.

No kidding, Big 10 apologist. But why wouldn't you want to play the best and win the CBB viewing night if you have the chance?
Because they’ll make great money either way. That’s all they care about.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom