UConn not in Albany? Portland bracket here (merged) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn not in Albany? Portland bracket here (merged)

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Any suggestions as to best way to sell tickets for Albany games?
I have six all session tickets. I decided not to resell them and leave them as empty seats. Imagine if all UConn fans who bought Albany tickets did that. The Albany games would be played in from of half empty seats. I am happier with the Portland draw -- I just wanted that draw in Albany. :D

Reaction Score
Without UConn for the second year in a row is disappointing but we‘ll see some really good teams and maybe get to see Caitlin in person. We have been to Albany many times to visit my wife’s relatives. They’re all in the same cemetery.
We’ll go spend a few hours at Stickley’s looking at furniture too rich for us. Maybe go to the Cheesecake Factory for a 4,000 calorie meal. We used to go to Grandma’s but they closed and then we found the Latham Diner. Who says there’s nothing to do in Albany!
Check out Krause's if you have time. Their chocolates are divine. I always grab some when I'm in the area.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
They haven’t both shown up in a big game this year. Paige fades to the background against the better teams this year so I don’t see it with them. Not Georgia Amoore m/Liz Kitley level or Clark/Cizano level duo that can take their teams far unfortunately. I think our ceiling is pretty low.
Gosh, why bother watching them, then?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Every game is an elimination game in the Big Dance, and Aaliyah has played a number of wonderful games that UConn won. But hey, why not dwell on the 3 losses rather than the 11 victories…….:(

Reaction Score
I think that UConn got the best draw they could hope for. No matter where you go you will have good teams to play and with UConn I thought it would come down to match ups and they got about as good in that regard as they possible could. Of all the top seeds I would want to play USC because I think Nika can defend JuJu and make it tough on them.

Iowa on the other hand has almost no chance of making the Final 4 with their draw. CC better her points early because I think they are out after two games. I thought SC got a pretty easy road too with ND who lost a bunch of games as the 2 seed?

Reaction Score
The best part of the Albany bracket only 1 out of these three will come out of it.- Iowa, UCLA or LSU.
UConn has won from different regions before, and UConn didn't earn Albany this season. The committee isn't worried about butts in the seats with the teams they put there.

I'd also like to see Bueckers and Edwards take over a game at the same time. So far it's been one or the other and you can't have that this time of year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We could have all we can handle in the first game. Jacksonville is a quick scrappy team, good on OBDs. They beat St Johns and notable losses Texas, K state, Oregon state. We better be ready to go Sat.
Jackson State University ( not Jacksonville). Jackson State, from the Southwestern Athletic Conference, has something
like a 21-game winning streak (after all those early OOC losses).

Reaction Score
Gosh, why bother watching them, then?
Yes, it's hard to take someone seriously when they state that a former NPOY, the number one recruit in the nation coming out of high school, who has taken her team to two Final Fours, and has consistently averaged 20 pts a game when healthy and shot over 50% for her career, doesn't match up to the palmares of Georgia Amore.

Don't get me wrong, I love Amore's game, but other than the Hokie fanbase, not one serious women's basketball follower would take Amore over Paige.

As for Kitley over Aaliyah, let's see who the pros prefer.

Lastly, most of his posts are knocks against UConn.

Reaction Score
How many UCONN folks here would love to see a another Carolina vs IOWA matchup in the final four? I'll be pulling for UCONN in the other brackets.

Reaction Score
This team has not shown anything to indicate they have a high ceiling imo
1. When you have the talent, the ceiling remains high.
2. There are many more very good teams now that should translate to madness in March.
3. For those who might despair UConn's chances given their losses against the quality non conference opponents, I think back to the 2011 UConn men's team that entered the Big East Tournament as the 9 seed. Then, someone over at the men's board posted an incredible thread about putting on the big boy pants that just took off. UConn has top talent and top coaching. UConn WBB now find themselves in the unfamiliar position of surviving and advancing.
4. UConn would do well to not look past their possible second round matchup against Syracuse. They have beaten Notre Dame twice this season.

Reaction Score
I have six all session tickets. I decided not to resell them and leave them as empty seats. Imagine if all UConn fans who bought Albany tickets did that. The Albany games would be played in from of half empty seats. I am happier with the Portland draw -- I just wanted that draw in Albany. :D
If all the UConn fans did that the NCAA would cry all the way to the bank. Better to let some deserving folks from the corn fields have shot at the tickets. It's the sporting thing to do. The real winners? Ticketmaster.

Reaction Score
Exactly. I blame the popularity of WCBB for UConn not being in Albany. No need now for attendance considerations. Plus it's a little harder with 2 sites instead of 4 to attempt to make the tournament more regional (it's still called a "region" wouldcha know...).

Can ESPN find someone who knows how to pronounce Albany instead of Al-BAIN-knee? Someone must have whispered in her ear that she sounds like a jerk because she did get a little better after a while.
Yet the mens committee said this was their rational after UConn men chose the East. Apparently that through them for a loop.

Reaction Score
By the way, I sold all 4 Albany sessions in a matter of minutes. Maybe I priced them too cheap? It does sooth the hurt a little bit about Portland.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Yes, it's hard to take someone seriously when they state that a former NPOY, the number one recruit in the nation coming out of high school, who has taken her team to two Final Fours, and has consistently averaged 20 pts a game when healthy and shot over 50% for her career, doesn't match up to the palmares of Georgia Amore.

Don't get me wrong, I love Amore's game, but other than the Hokie fanbase, not one serious women's basketball follower would take Amore over Paige.

As for Kitley over Aaliyah, let's see who the pros prefer.

Lastly, most of his posts are knocks against UConn.
Haters must hate otherwise they'll fade away into obscurity, not specifically talking abt anyone in particular...ijs

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
How many UCONN folks here would love to see a another Carolina vs IOWA matchup in the final four? I'll be pulling for UCONN in the other brackets.
I believe the way the brackets are set up, should UConn, SC & Iowa all make it to the FF, UConn would face Iowa in one semifinal while SC would face the winner of the other Portland regional where TX is the #1 seed.

Reaction Score
There are more games than elimination games. When I referred to big games it's more than just them - and also include reg. season.

Throw in the senior factor. Throw in as a senior she is playing with what -would be up to if they were getting to the E8- that Paige would be best player on the floor.

Again - I didn't say "win championship." I said "high ceiling." Edwards is going to go 1st rd in WNBA add in sr with experience and a probable 1st rd pick playing with a guard who is among the best player’s in country playing on a very well-coached team in which we have seen Edwards perform well vs top competition. IMO if you are dismissing that she can't play well because of three past elimination games - then we can agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Hmmm -- I thought you were disagreeing with me on a prior post. Now you say they cna have the possibility of beating Ohio State? And even USC? Am I reading your point of view, correct? If so, so you think they can get to E8 and FF, so you agree with me that they have a high ceiling, correct? Unless you don't think E8 and FF is considered "High Ceiling? - I do --so that was my point. Maybe it's just semantics.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom