UConn nominated for USA Today ‘Best College for Sports Fans’ award | The Boneyard

UConn nominated for USA Today ‘Best College for Sports Fans’ award

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Make sure you click on the link and vote, we were in second place when I voted.

Reaction Score
One school on that list is not like the others, at least as of now. Amazing that anyone would debate whether or not we belong in the P5 yet we make lists like that.

Reaction Score
Make sure you click on the link and vote, we were in second place when I voted.
Still #2.

For those hesitant, there’s no pay wall to get to the link and you don’t need to create an account or anything. A few clicks and you’ve voted.

Reaction Score
Sure it’s great for basketball fans but I’m sorry, the location of the football stadium (and, secondarily, playing half our BB games in Hartford) is a preclusion to being best for sports fans. No student should have to ride a 30 minute bus to games; forget the product.

And I’m a 2012 grad who was around for the best 4-year run the UConn AD has ever had

Reaction Score
Sure it’s great for basketball fans but I’m sorry, the location of the football stadium (and, secondarily, playing half our BB games in Hartford) is a preclusion to being best for sports fans. No student should have to ride a 30 minute bus to games; forget the product.

And I’m a 2012 grad who was around for the best 4-year run the UConn AD has ever had
Anyone who says we couldn't have an on-campus stadium is crazy. There is plenty of land around the campus that could be acquired. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Reaction Score
Anyone who says we couldn't have an on-campus stadium is crazy. There is plenty of land around the campus that could be acquired. Where there's a will, there's a way.
Completely agree. Unfortunately the people of Mansfield don’t have the will.

Reaction Score
I would rather win the most arrogant and spoiled sports fans.

Reaction Score
We can do it. Dave + Lamont, a Big XII invite and a couple more winning seasons and they'll do it.

Reaction Score
We were one of 20 schools chosen for this and are now #2 out of 20. It's actually disgusting that we're not in a power conference yet and probably won't be any time soon.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Bull pucky.

Like I've said in many other threads, the reason why there's no on campus football stadium has everything to do with Hartford politicians, and nothing to do with Mansfield residents.

Reaction Score
We can do it. Dave + Lamont, a Big XII invite and a couple more winning seasons and they'll do it.
I’m completely pessimistic about that backwards populace. Can’t wait to be proven wrong but I ain’t holding my breath; hope you aren’t either.

Reaction Score
Bull pucky.

Like I've said in many other threads, the reason why there's no on campus football stadium has everything to do with Hartford politicians, and nothing to do with Mansfield residents.
Please delineate how “Hartford politicians” have superseded the voting public of the town of Mansfield regarding the building of a 50k seat football stadium. References appreciated.

Reaction Score
I just voted a bunch of times by creating a new incognito session each time. Not sure when voting ends, but I wonder if we can pull of a Kate upset to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat like we did with that Big East jersey contests a while back?

Reaction Score
Please delineate how “Hartford politicians” have superseded the voting public of the town of Mansfield regarding the building of a 50k seat football stadium. References appreciated.
Funds for a stadium come from the state. Hartford politicians have a part in determining where

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
What the hell are you talking about? No vote on a stadium has ever occurred in Mansfield.

The decision to put the stadium in East Hartford came from the state legislature.

Your comments aren't just wrong, they're plain silly.

Reaction Score
What the hell are you talking about? No vote on a stadium has ever occurred in Mansfield.

The decision to put the stadium in East Hartford came from the state legislature.

Your comments aren't just wrong, they're plain silly.
I mean I didn’t make this up in my head. It’s all I’ve every heard. This is the first time I’ve heard of Hartford being the main reason an on-campus stadium can’t/won’t happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psttc

Top Bottom