UConn/Nike Contract | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn/Nike Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We can't be a Jordan school anyways. They have a "rule" that only 1 Jordan school is allowed per conference, which is Marquette.

Reaction Score
I don’t know if anybody mentioned this but Women’s basketball success was a key ingredient in our branding contract .
In the modern world of what have you done lately with their recent run of bad luck the men picking up the gauntlet at the right time is fortunate.
With more attention to the women’s game this year than ever if they could win another it would have more significant financial impact than ever .

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
Armani is making very nice looking uniforms for Italian soccer these days. I'd go with them
Definitely Armani. He designs uniforms for the Italian police and military. I showed this to my wife and she said “put me in handcuffs and arrest me immediately.”
1683474750249.jpeg

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Finally received the Athlete’s Thread Sanogo jersey I ordered for my son last month - looks great & now I want one in my size.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
This is from Pink Floyd's film The Wall, no?
I don't believe so, it appears to be Piazza Roma in Modena. In the background in the military academy, which is why these guys are walking around in full dress uniforms. Was just there this past Easter.

Reaction Score
Good year to win both the PK Classic and the National title.
In branding and apparel the UConn women’s program probably made the brand more national than the men’s . The were the whole enchilada in women’s basketball for a long time . Hopefully their best days are not behind them. Stars attract merchandising more than the team .
For a frame of reference if you went to a Yankee game a few years ago 1/2 the people were wearing number 2 Yankee Jersey’s
That true of every team . Injuries to our star players have diminished their attraction. Hopefully Paige comes back with a vengeance next year and every young girl in BB will want her Jersey.
The men haven’t had a player like that since Kemba . I think Clingan has the potential but we will see.

Reaction Score
Nike’s contract with UConn ends on June 30th of this year. Just thinking, what an ideal time to win a National Championship. The current contract is 7 years/$32.4M, not bad but there have been some humongous school brand deals in the last few years that I think UConn is also worthy of. I hope Nike agrees and pays some big bucks to renew.
Does that figure include the value of the apparel? Probable can get somewhere around $8 million

Timely read : Four thoughts on Notre Dame hitting the apparel free agency market:

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I know there was a thread on this but I needed a reminder that BC’s gear provider is…New Balance.

Grilling Fathers Day GIF by Todd Rocheford

Reaction Score
Nike’s contract with UConn ends on June 30th of this year. Just thinking, what an ideal time to win a National Championship. The current contract is 7 years/$32.4M, not bad but there have been some humongous school brand deals in the last few years that I think UConn is also worthy of. I hope Nike agrees and pays some big bucks to renew.
The Nike contract is the only item on BOT May 17th agenda.

Reaction Score

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
On the surface this looks quite disappointing.

I will jump to the conclusion that the stated values ($25.2mm & 3.6mm) are for the length of the contract (as I don't see it increasing by $24mm a year), the values for the two final years is $4,735,715 per year while the new value will be $4,800,000 per year. $64k more or an increase of 1.36%. With inflation as it is, this is in effect a slight haircut.

Reaction Score
Am I reading that correctly that the value of the new deal is less than previous? 2017-2023 UConn announced that was worth $32.5 million. The new balance appears to show a combined $28.8 million for the next 6 years.
Yeah this makes zero sense. Who negotiated this garbage?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Finally received the Athlete’s Thread Sanogo jersey I ordered for my son last month - looks great & now I want one in my size.
I got one too. I was hoping name/numbers sewn on for $110+

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I got one too. I was hoping name/numbers sewn on for $110+
Yeah mine looks a little too much like the Marshall’s discount rack for my taste

Reaction Score
We can't be a Jordan school anyways. They have a "rule" that only 1 Jordan school is allowed per conference, which is Marquette.

I thought so too, but what about Georgetown? Guess they don’t count lol

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Was what was posted a final agreed upon contract that is being presented to the trustees for signature or an initial offer that can be negotiated?

Reaction Score
Was what was posted a final agreed upon contract that is being presented to the trustees for signature or an initial offer that can be negotiated?
Seems like it. Pretty disappointing. Why not put some actual work in and RFP/market the rights out to get competitive bids? It seems incredibly lazy on the school’s part.

Reaction Score
New Balance. Or an Under Armor package deal with Diamond Stone.

Reaction Score
Seems like it. Pretty disappointing. Why not put some actual work in and RFP/market the rights out to get competitive bids? It seems incredibly lazy on the school’s part.
There's not much competition I guess. It's Nike or Adidas. Still very disappointing that we just bent over and took less money per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom