UConn - New York City - UCONN Connection | The Boneyard

UConn - New York City - UCONN Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Not a bad jumping off point. Need to keep pushing the message.

Reaction Score
wish they had sent this to swofford instead of hanging out and drinking rum in the virgin islands

Reaction Score
Wow - when was that made? Had to be recently because Herbst is in it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Pretty slick.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this is the type of i have been talking about. pump this. its great. raise your hand if u know 1 person in that vid...hand raised fun times

FOOTPRINT!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
wish they had sent this to swofford instead of hanging out and drinking rum in the virgin islands

... and you know he or other Conference Commish haven't seen it how? Is it also difficult to imagine that when the AD of Wake Forest was in St. Thomas at the same time as WM there wasn't any strategic discussion and calls made (and by all accounts - WF supported UConn to ACC)?

The VI schtick is getting old.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Wait til you see UConn Columbus-Ohio Connection video!

It's part of our Big Ten push - it highlights the 11 UConn graduates currently living in Ohio.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

It's part of our Big Ten push - it highlights the 11 UConn graduates currently living in Ohio.

Do you always kill good news and effort, or is it just when the Prozac runs low?

pj

Reaction Score
silly isnt it. they need to pump it not post and forget about it.

It has 5500 views after 9 months. Twenty views per day. I bet HuskyFanDan as Assistant Deputy Sports Marketing Director could get us more visibility.

I'd like to see Donald Trump interviewed with Jonathan the Husky in the background sitting at a desk in Trump Tower saying, "Hiring Jonathan was a decision I made with complete confidence, because I know those dogs from UConn really bring home the chow." Then Jonathan can grab his UConn 1 shirt and point to it.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
It has 5500 views after 9 months. Twenty views per day. I bet HuskyFanDan as Assistant Deputy Sports Marketing Director could get us more visibility.

I'd like to see Donald Trump interviewed with Jonathan the Husky in the background sitting at a desk in Trump Tower saying, "Hiring Jonathan was a decision I made with complete confidence, because I know those dogs from UConn really bring home the chow." Then Jonathan can grab his UConn 1 shirt and point to it.

see now were talking. start it with jonathan taking the train in. thats a important part of nyc to ct. get him rocking with the cowboy and like that. elmo and the cookie monster was a good start but thiese are the types of things that need to happen and happen 10 levels above where we are right now.

take omar and wilbert and a bunch of other nyc kids who play sports at uconn and 1 by 1 do short 5 minute segments of them on there front porches or at the local corners of what uconn means to them and nyc...its simple stuff like this that goes the distance. u want to own nyc? donate a couple g's to ruker park for a new surface. build a new slide on the swing set. mail flyers to every apt of uconn bball schedules and feature our nyc kids on them. like that. just imagine the tv viewer rating u can achieve and the recruits u can land who grew up on uconn etc etc....its not even funny the amount of substance this ad lacks. its childish.

pj

Reaction Score

If establishing a Columbus connection can help bring in an extra $30 million a year to athletics, make that video! And don't leave out Lincoln Nebraska, Lansing Michigan, and Bloomington Indiana either!

Seriously, I wouldn't mind seeing a Boston video. Part of it should be on the BC campus looking for students with UConn sweatshirts.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
That was awful. I mean, seriously awful.

Who the hell selected that song?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's not that bad. Did you want Frank Sinatra or maybe Jay Z/Alicia Keys instead.

It's beyond lame. How about a UConn advertisement that doesn't embarrass me to be an Alum?

-UConn great pick?
-UConn theme song with the guy in the hayfield, the fake building lit up with 'UCONN' and then the students running over the law screaming like lunatics?
-UConn ad with that 'scientist' who claims he is going to travel through time. Come on, seriously.
-This UConn ad that has the theme song to queer eye for the straight guy playing and Jonathan the Husky high fiving people?

We have so much to offer as a university and as an athletic program, but we continuously look small time because we just don't have any vision.

Reaction Score
It's beyond lame. How about a UConn advertisement that doesn't embarrass me to be an Alum?

-UConn great pick?
-UConn theme song with the guy in the hayfield, the fake building lit up with 'UCONN' and then the students running over the law screaming like lunatics?
-UConn ad with that 'scientist' who claims he is going to travel through time. Come on, seriously.
-This UConn ad that has the theme song to queer eye for the straight guy playing and Jonathan the Husky high fiving people?

We have so much to offer as a university and as an athletic program, but we continuously look small time because we just don't have any vision.

You didn't answer what song you would have chosen if it was your responsibility?

I suppose you didn't like the SH/University emailed Christmas Card either?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's not that bad. Did you want Frank Sinatra or maybe Jay Z/Alicia Keys instead.
You know, I hate the Jay Z/Alicia Keys NY song. I want to like it, but it just sucks.

Reaction Score
UConn could have done a lot better job over the years showcasing its ties to NYC (and Boston). What irritates me is that it would not be a case of all flash and no substance either. It is a matter of fact - from SNY to our fans owning the Big East Tournament, to Calhoun regularly appearing on WFAN, to the New York Times once having a beat writer for our Women's team. And lets not forget all our New York area players - Kemba, Ben Gordon, Tina Charles, Sue Bird, Taliek Brown, etc.

We could have also easily engaged in the PR stunts that Rutgers and Syracuse pull in NYC. I'm sure the Empire State Building would have gone Blue for our NCAA Championship matches if requested - after all as a tourist destination they would love nothing more than the prospects of getting free PR. A lot more people watch the NC game than a Thursday Night football game.

How about a Kemba billboard in the Bronx after he made HI5STORY....The ideas are endless, accept at the ADs office in Storrs.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

-UConn great pick?

The hayfield commercial was really, really bad - worse than great pick. The "scientist" is Ronald Mallet. He's a PHD physics prof at UConn is pretty well know for the time travel stuff. His theoretical design for a time machine is interesting. That commercial could be better but it is a step in the right direction.

Reaction Score
I like the general idea behind it but you don't really want your President pumping up NYC if you're a Conn. state politician. The whole point behind taxpayer money going to a state university is to educate the citizens of the state so that they will enrich the state in a variety of ways. Can't imagine the pols were thrilled to hear her say that.

On the other hand, it may very well be accepted that many of those who succeed in NYC eventually move back to Connecticut to continue their careers, but I certainly hope there'd be some evidence of that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom