UConn needs to step up from 3 | The Boneyard

UConn needs to step up from 3

Reaction Score
Up to 35% and we're gonna look pretty unbeatable
Prior to this slump every time karaban shot a 3 I expected it to go in. Lately i have been hoping. Nice to see him looking like his old self today. Fully expected 40 percent plus this year. I guess he has a lot more makes than misses moving forward

Reaction Score
Normally someone with Scrappy’s takes might annoy me, but for some reason and taken as a whole, it works. Keep posting, Scrap!

Reaction Score
Based on the time stamp, I’m going to assume this was a halftime post solely responsible for our 25% first half performance turning into 46% for the game.
The last 2 games were dismal first halves and hit seconds.

Reaction Score
I'm not worried about our 3-point shooting, I think the numbers are misleading. We've got Karaban, Spencer and Newton who are amongst the best in the country and have incredible range. Karaban was slumping, and has an injury, but he seems to be getting back to form. The freshman are hurting the numbers a little: Ball is potentially a good shooter who's taken some ill-advised shots, but is beginning to gain more confidence, Castle is a shooting project, and Jaylen and Jayden are working to increase their limited PT. We've also had a lot of games where the bench was cleared and walk-ons were taking 3's. Doesn't take a lot to move the needle on 3's.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The three point percentage has been a little disappointing but I still have confidence when they go up. Plus we rebound a large percent of missed shots anyway.

Reaction Score
The whole season this has been the underperforming issue
Simply we are better than that. We’re great but let’s get that 3 point % up 2-3 notches going forward!!! I know we can!!
They shot 46.4% from three versus UAPB.

Does that count?

Reaction Score
I’m willing to debate this with anyone, but in my biased view, we’re the best team in the country. You could even argue that we’re better than last year. Every team goes through slumps. Look at last January. The key is to remain focused when it matters most. It’s safe to say that last year’s team accomplished this.

Our 3-point shooting will be fine. One last thing…..doomed!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The whole season this has been the underperforming issue
Simply we are better than that. We’re great but let’s get that 3 point % up 2-3 notches going forward!!! I know we can!!
I'm not buying it. We've got 3 guys (AK, Cam, Tristen) that when they shoot the 3, I think it's going to go in. We've got a few others that I'm not as confident but it could come. That's plenty of 3-pt shooting.

Reaction Score
They need to start DEFENDING the three! Our defense is good in spurts but it is what would stand between us and the final four at this point. Fix that, stay healthy, hit FTs and be nice to the refs and we are unstoppable!

Reaction Score
I’m willing to debate this with anyone, but in my biased view, we’re the best team in the country. You could even argue that we’re better than last year. Every team goes through slumps. Look at last January. The key is to remain focused when it matters most. It’s safe to say that last year’s team accomplished this.

Our 3-point shooting will be fine. One last thing…..doomed!
Best will be decided on the court but I think it’s fair to say that this UConn team is the most well-balanced team and I’ve seen
Play well, both offensively and defensively
Have a great post presence numerous good to great shooters some good on ball defenders
And when castles healthy have a unique player who can get to the basket and finish as well as pass

Reaction Score
They need to start DEFENDING the three! Our defense is good in spurts but it is what would stand between us and the final four at this point. Fix that, stay healthy, hit FTs and be nice to the refs and we are unstoppable!
Good point. Is that the result of our defense focusing on the paint or guys just hanging for rebounds and leaving their guy alone? In first halfs we give up the 3 it has seemed.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
We’re 9th in the Big East in 3 point shooting yet we have the best offense in the conference.

I think we’ll be fine. This team is really, really good at getting to the rim compared to last year. We can win games as is, if we’re shooting to go with it we’ll just be unstoppable pretty much. But the shooting outside of Karaban and Cam is just a luxury currently.

Reaction Score
Karaban is a catch and shoot type 3pt shooter. His percentages have been down when closely guarded when he catches the ball, forcing him to put the ball on the floor before taking the three-point shot.

That’s what Kansas did, and the better teams UConn will play against, like Marquette and Creighton, will do the same. That’s what he needs to work; on being able to put the ball on the floor, and still hit the three.

Reaction Score
Karaban is a catch and shoot type 3pt shooter. His percentages have been down when closely guarded when he catches the ball, forcing him to put the ball on the floor before taking the three-point shot.

That’s what Kansas did, and the better teams UConn will play against, like Marquette and Creighton, will do the same. That’s what he needs to work; on being able to put the ball on the floor, and still hit the three.
Did you see the game he hit clutch contested 3 s one after another with the shot clock near zero? He is more than a catch and shoot 3 point shooter- although he is good at that as well.

Reaction Score
Did you see the game he hit clutch contested 3 s one after another with the shot clock near zero? He is more than a catch and shoot 3 point shooter- although he is good at that as well.
Those were big time clutch shots, no doubt.

But those were standstill, catch and shoot shots. He wasn’t closely guarded, and he wasn’t forced to dribble right or left before shooting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom