Uconn ND Just Because | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Uconn ND Just Because

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I hope the ND posters here don't think I'm being condescending as a fan of the Nouveau Riche, but any of the three teams in the Final Four is a bad matchup for ND because Mabrey has to handle so much of their ballhandling responsibility instead of being run off screens and curls to augment Ogunbowale's skill set and physicality on the wings. The ball pressure applied from the top by MS State, UConn and Louisville is one thing that really hurts that missing true PG for McGraw...and is something that has separated them from the Field as it is.

That's it! You're off my Christmas card list!

(It's a a very reasonable and well-made point.)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I think UConn wins pretty easily. How close it will be depends in large part on whether Mabry is on one of her unconscious streaks or not. She is capable of hitting 7 or 8 3's in a game, but she is also capable of going 0/11. The Huskies just have too many weapons and too much D. (But we ARE doomed!)
Estamos condenados, mi amigo! I think there is actually a song about it.

Reaction Score
Almost all correct, except the term “beat”. Mufflet understands UCONN probably as well as any opposing coach, so she has some insight into how to win a game, but nd has never been able to beat UCONN. Geno talked about the difference between losing a game and being beaten. UCONN beat nd in the 2013 semi and 2014 NC, then won the game in 2015 NC.
Let's not get carried away. They beat us in THREE Final Fours. Their last win against UConn was in 2013 in the BE tournament.

Connecticut–Notre Dame women's basketball rivalry - Wikipedia

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Muffet is a sour grapes coach and I hope we beat them by 50.
That being said.... We. Are. Doomed!!!!!
Your post flashed me back many years. There was a goofy show on television called the Banana Splits. They were guys dressed up as animals who played in a band. Probably based on the Monkees. Their adversaries were five little girls called the Sour Grapes Bunch who danced and made mischief for the boys in the band. now I have ND wbb team forever linked with the Sour Grapes Bunch! :p

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Yeah, it's a good point. But somehow, some way, you guys seem to muddle through.

Bama fan

Reaction Score

Off the Christmas card list! That is hilarious. :D And the trouble with those well made points is that they cut the deepest!

Reaction Score
If only it was that easy. Any of the 4 remaining team is capable of taking the trophy home. Past results mean very little, if anything at all.

You need to remember UConn destroying MS in Bridgeport 2 years ago only to get eliminated last year in the FF's. Got to play the games!
The difference, was Stewie, Moriah, and Morgan great All-Americans, the players on last years All- Ameican teams aren't in the same zip code.

Reaction Score
So if Fuehring is "dancing" with McGowan, then Hines-Allen must attract Vivians. I think I would pay to watch that game. Like JPM would say, I like to watch #3. She is a scrappy player for a big. JMHO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom