UConn & NCAA Tournament Highlights | The Boneyard

UConn & NCAA Tournament Highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here's to the greatest sporting event and our favorite team. Enjoy the highlights.

1998 Tourney Highlights (vs. Indiana, vs. Washington)

1999 Tourney Highlights
Sweet Sixteen: UConn vs. Iowa
Final Four: UConn vs. Ohio State
National Championship: UConn vs. Duke (Full Game)
2002 Tourney Highlights (vs. Southern Illinois, vs. Maryland)

2004 Tourney Highlights

Sweet Sixteen: UConn vs. Vanderbilt
Elite Eight: UConn vs. Alabama
Final Four: UConn vs. Duke
National Championship: UConn vs. Georgia Tech
2009 Tourney Highlights (vs. Texas A&M, vs. Purdue, vs. Missouri, vs. Michigan State)

2011 Tourney Highlights
First Round: UConn vs. Bucknell
Second Round: UConn vs. Cincinnati
Sweet Sixteen: UConn vs SDSU
Elite Eight: UConn vs. Arizona
Final Four: UConn vs. Kentucky
National Championship: UConn vs. Butler

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
tThanks TCF, you're almost as clutch as Kemba now!

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
The slo-mo reaction shot of Bob Bender watching Hamilton's shot go in is one of the greatest I've ever seen.
Either way, I could watch that shot all day.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
At what point do we have enough content to make the ultimate uconn highlight with plays over the last 25 years. I'm lookin @Marat

Reaction Score
Great post. I hope they add more full games to the NCAA online Vault in the future. Would be a great to see full games from even the early rounds.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
The slo-mo reaction shot of Bob Bender watching Hamilton's shot go in is one of the greatest I've ever seen.

Two things watching this again -- One, Jake takes his shot and then hangs out a the three-point line the rest of the play while the guards are tipping the rebounds. Two, El-Amin goes to jump on Hamilton as the buzzer goes off, Hamilton is lying on his back and kicks his legs and sends Khalid flying. Awesome.

Reaction Score
watching the highlighs of the Iowa game, I forgot all about how many junk defenses Davis threw at them that game, presses, zones, box and 1s, yeesh, that game was a nightmare on the nerves.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Thanks for all of these. I'm now "sick" at work.

Reaction Score
MAN, STANLEY was BEAST in that 2009 run, I forgot how close we were from making a serious comeback.

If it wasn't a home game for Michigan State, we would have had their a$$e$.

Out of the 94,95, 2006, and 09 teams, I wanted that 09 team to win it the most. They were a good team who had a lot of heart. AJ, Stanley, Thabeet, Adrien, and Kemba, they deserved a chance to NC in the final, which would have been an EPIC game

Reaction Score
MAN, STANLEY was BEAST in that 2009 run, I forgot how close we were from making a serious comeback.

Out of the 94,95, 2006, and 09 teams, I wanted that 09 team to win it the most. They were a good team who had a lot of heart. AJ, Stanley, Thabeet, Adrien, and Kemba, they deserved a chance to NC in the final, which would have been an EPIC game
Yeah, that putback slam should've changed the game after pulling within 3. But Summers just went up the court and got the and-1.

Reaction Score

With Dyson, that 2009 team was one of the most complete teams Calhoun ever put together. That was a great run to the final 4 considering we lost a starter. What was fun about that team, is you couldnt press them. Louisville's zone and press was completely dismantled that year. Missouri was a great fast break team and we beat them at at their own game.

Reaction Score
With Dyson, that 2009 team was one of the most complete teams Calhoun ever put together. That was a great run to the final 4 considering we lost a starter. What was fun about that team, is you couldnt press them. Louisville's zone and press was completely dismantled that year. Missouri was a great fast break team and we beat them at at their own game.
We went into Lousiville that year and beat them by 17 without hitting a single 3. That's insane.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Poor Matt Howard. It was like he had never seen a real defense before. Or maybe a basketball.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
tcf, you don't happen to have UConn/WVU in the 2012 BET do you? Specifically the end, where Shabazz took over.

Reaction Score
tcf, you don't happen to have UConn/WVU in the 2012 BET do you? Specifically the end, where Shabazz took over.
I wish, but unfortunately, I do not. Have wanted to see that game for a while now.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I wish, but unfortunately, I do not. Have wanted to see that game for a while now.
Yeah me too I can't find it anywhere. I remember Bazz getting 2 steals and layups on two consecutive possessions and the Garden went nuts. Then JLamb hit a huge 3 in OT.

Reaction Score
god i would do anything to have a leaper like stix on this current team. we could REALLY use a guy like him right now

Reaction Score
Today's Dook loss made me feel like reliving the 2004 Final Four.. any chance they'll bring back those road jerseys (blue uniforms w/ "Connecticut" across the front) or have they made a conscious effort to put UConn on everything?

Reaction Score
One of the Washington players from the 98 team worked at the W hotel in Westwood where I stayed a lot for work. Every time I showed up in my UCONN gear he just shook his head. He said that was (understandably) the toughest loss he ever had on the court.

Reaction Score
Inyatkin said:
YouTube Video

High definition was sick back then. I can't believe cable bills have increased with the limited progress that's been made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom