UConn Nation Makes its Presence Felt | The Boneyard

UConn Nation Makes its Presence Felt

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's Husky Nation, but I won't complain. Which of these folks are yarders? I planned to be at The Wheel, but we found out another law school friend was in town, and he was at the Oread so we went to the Bird Dog (he had just texted us that AD Dave arrived), Johnnies Tavern (which would be unknow to UConn fans) and Lawrence Beer Co. pre-game. The below seems right to me.

Many fans said they believe the reason for the turnout was the fact that this is the Huskies’ first trip to what can be described as a basketball cathedral, and despite the fact that UConn has already won fiveational championships to Kansas’ four, it’s validating for the newest member of college basketball’s ‘blueblood’ club.

Reaction Score
It's Husky Nation, but I won't complain. Which of these folks are yarders? I planned to be at The Wheel, but we found out another law school friend was in town, and he was at the Oread so we went to the Bird Dog (he had just texted us that AD Dave arrived), Johnnies Tavern (which would be unknow to UConn fans) and Lawrence Beer Co. pre-game. The below seems right to me.

Section 13 represented! Hearing the whole place boo after the UConn chants was Fn great!

Reaction Score
I had to laugh about Tristen's comment before the game about how he enjoys quieting the home crowds..........it sure got quiet in the second half as UConn came back from 7 down at the half to take the 4 point lead at 54-50.
It would have been unbelievable, morgue-like in fact, if Spencer's three had been a few inches longer.
So many things went wrong to enable Kansas to win and if you took one of them out of the equation you're probably looking at the new Number 1 or 2 in the UConn Huskies!

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I had to laugh about Tristen's comment before the game about how he enjoys quieting the home crowds..........it sure got quiet in the second half as UConn came back from 7 down at the half to take the 4 point lead at 54-50.
It would have been unbelievable, morgue-like in fact, if Spencer's three had been a few inches longer.
So many things went wrong to enable Kansas to win and if you took one of them out of the equation you're probably looking at the new Number 1 or 2 in the UConn Huskies!
It actually got really loud after we pulled ahead. That is what helped KU rally (along with our missed FTs). That's the real home court advantage, not the refs.

I remain interested in what UConn folks thought of campus, the town, the bars, all of it.

Reaction Score
It actually got really loud after we pulled ahead. That is what helped KU rally (along with our missed FTs). That's the real home court advantage, not the refs.

I remain interested in what UConn folks thought of campus, the town, the bars, all of it.
On TV it felt the opposite. When we went up 5 it seemed as if AFH got not quiet but it definitely wasn’t rowdy. They seemed nervous. Ofc you’re in person perspective is much more reliable than what came across in ESPN2

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
On TV it felt the opposite. When we went up 5 it seemed as if AFH got not quiet but it definitely wasn’t rowdy. They seemed nervous. Ofc you’re in person perspective is much more reliable than what came across in ESPN2
Sure, momentarily. Kind of an Uh Oh moment. But it didn't last long and the crowd was as loud as it got when they turned the D back up on us again, which got the offense going. I don't think TV captures the noise very well anyway. I watched on TV yesterday and it's much louder in person. It's mostly wooden bleacher seats and the whole things shakes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom