UCONN Moving into ACC/Syracuse Territory | The Boneyard

UCONN Moving into ACC/Syracuse Territory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hard to call NYC Syracuse or ACC turf. With the exception of Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
Playing at Yankee Stadium is good for us Playing a weak opponent there is not a good idea. Why would Army want to play there? Its not like West Point is out of the way for UConn fans.

Reaction Score
Hard to call NYC Syracuse or ACC turf. With the exception of Notre Dame.

I think he was being facetious ... but regardless, glad to see a home and "almost home" set up along with an aggressive move to show that we share NYC.

Reaction Score
Playing at Yankee Stadium is good for us Playing a weak opponent there is not a good idea. Why would Army want to play there? Its not like West Point is out of the way for UConn fans.

The UConn football team has been playing Buffalo since the end of time and people are whining about playing Army. IN YANKEE STADIUM???

It's not the opponent. It's the location. And plenty of name schools schedule Army.

Reaction Score
Storrs, CT to NYC is closer than Syracuse to NYC, FTR, but as was stated, the OP was said a little tongue in check. :)

Reaction Score
I think he was being facetious ... but regardless, glad to see a home and "almost home" set up along with an aggressive move to show that we share NYC.
you got it

Reaction Score

Because Army has a 5 year agreement to play games @ Yankee Stadium - we would be game 3 there.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There is a reason why UConn has announced playing bb games in Bridgeport and now this. Either we are trying to increase marketing in CT/NY demographic, demonstrate to interested parties that we are a NY team or interested parties have solicited UConn and are asking that UConn set up the groundwork for inclusion.

I'm really supportive of these moves for whatever the reason because at the worst they are proactive and at the best they are confirmation.

Reaction Score
I am not down playing the benefits of this football game being played in NYC, but I think this game is being played in NYC because ARMY chose to play in NYC and Uconn is the beneficiary as the chosen opponent. Remember that Uconn is getting the return favor the following year with a game against ARMY at the Rent. ARMY (like NAVY) sees themself as a national brand that has a small following in every city and tries to schedule home games at neutral sites around the east coast. But regardless of why, Uconn getting the opportunity to play an away game on national TV in NYC against a nationally supported team is a great opportunity for Uconn to be displayed. Being that the game is technically an ARMY home game and tickets may be slighted in their favor, it is still important that Uconn fans ensure that their allotment of tickets is sold out and supported. The ACC and B1G will be watching, if not in attendance.

Reaction Score
Being that the game is technically an ARMY home game and tickets may be slighted in their favor, it is important that Uconn fans ensure that their allotment of tickets is sold out and supported. The ACC and B1G will be watching, if not in attendance.

Well I'll say this, if we don't sell out our allotment of tickets for this game (being so close to home and in NYC) we should end all talk of our strong NYC presence.

Reaction Score
Anecdotally ... with no REAL numbers ... I'm going to tell you that Syracuse travels better than we do in Football. Warde Manual and all the ooomph we have has to focus on getting excitement back in ... dominating AWAY game crowds in Hoop; and we have to travel and do well like this ARMY game.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Pudge,

This was a Cuse home-game and the biggest game on their schedule in years. Note: a) the wild amount of empty seats; and b) the prominence of yellow and red for USC.

DSCN0849-e1347311791981.jpg

pj

Reaction Score
This is a terrific deal for us. I wish we could make this a long-term series with Army, and start every year with them. It's great to get a team with a national following and Yankee Stadium is almost a second home game in terms of fan access and developing our regional market.

Reaction Score
I am not down playing the benefits of this football game being played in NYC, but I think this game is being played in NYC because ARMY chose to play in NYC and Uconn is the beneficiary as the chosen opponent. Remember that Uconn is getting the return favor the following year with a game against ARMY at the Rent. ARMY (like NAVY) sees themself as a national brand that has a small following in every city and tries to schedule home games at neutral sites around the east coast. But regardless of why, Uconn getting the opportunity to play an away game on national TV in NYC against a nationally supported team is a great opportunity for Uconn to be displayed. Being that the game is technically an ARMY home game and tickets may be slighted in their favor, it is still important that Uconn fans ensure that their allotment of tickets is sold out and supported. The ACC and B1G will be watching, if not in attendance.

You're missing on the fact that UConn has played Army in the past, on the road, and UConn fans traveled in decent numbers, and loved the experience. The questions come from people that quite like Michie Stadium, which is also an easy trip from Conn. Hartford to Michie is 110 miles and mostly a trip on I-84.

Reaction Score
Michie is great to go to and watch a game and hell to leave. Horrible two lane road to I-84 that took forever with traffic. I know it was not a problem going south..but..I think I'll take Yankee Stadium with all the attendant publicity, etc.. There is no down side to this game at all as long as the fans show up and we win.

Reaction Score
You're missing on the fact that UConn has played Army in the past, on the road, and UConn fans traveled in decent numbers, and loved the experience. The questions come from people that quite like Michie Stadium, which is also an easy trip from Conn. Hartford to Michie is 110 miles and mostly a trip on I-84.

I missed that fact because it is completely irrelevant to anything in my post or any other post on this topic. This thread is about this upcoming game and the return game in 2015. I simply stated that ARMY chose to play in NYC and chose Uconn as an opponent and described the benefits of this game for Uconn. Sorry for weighing in if I hurt your feelings by not decribing the entire history of ARMY vs Uconn.

Reaction Score

What are you trying to say with this fragmented sentence?

Reaction Score
I missed that fact because it is completely irrelevant to anything in my post or any other post on this topic. This thread is about this upcoming game and the return game in 2015. I simply stated that ARMY chose to play in NYC and chose Uconn as an opponent and described the benefits of this game for Uconn. Sorry for weighing in if I hurt your feelings by not decribing the entire history of ARMY vs Uconn.

You are way too thin-skinned and sensitive. not sure why you're whining and crying in your post, but let me point out to you again that the some posters have positive associations from PAST games at Michie and with the ease of travel there.

I seriously suggest you look in the mirror and ask yourself why you respond to posts as though someone is personally attacking you. Are you really so thin-skinned in real life?

Reaction Score
What fragment?

The questions come from people that quite like Michie Stadium, which is also an easy trip from Conn. Hartford to Michie is 110 miles and mostly a trip on I-84.

Reaction Score
Enough already!

We can agree that this is a good thing and give Manuel credit. I have been quick to point out his deficiencies, but here he did well.

I want to play Army in NYC - it furthers our opportunities to show the B1G that we can help in that market. So let's take advantage. I could see making a day of it. Football and Peter Luger for porterhouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom