Men - UConn Men's Rugby Trip to Nationals | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Men's Rugby Trip to Nationals

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Semifinals vs Clemson. Clemson scores first but UConn comes right back with a try of their own. 5-5. Clemson scores again and makes the kick to go up 12-5 At the half. Clemson looks the the faster team through the first seven minutes.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
UConn takes the second half kickoff and with some nifty passing and running scores to make it 12-10. Clemson scores to make it 17-10 with very little time left. UConn playing a man down due to a penalty. Clemson moves onto the finals, UConn had their chances but failed to maintain control of the ball on a few occasions. The best they can hope for now is a third place finish.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
That's a bummer.
Actually, I don’t know where they finished…I thought there would be a game between the two semi-final losers to determine third, but they didn’t do that. It was a good effort by the boys…they came within seven points of making the finals…by the way, Clemson lost to USD in the finals.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
A note of thanks from the UConn ruggers:

We would like to say a massive thank you to everybody who donated to our trip to the collegiate rugby championship. We were able to fundraise over $6000 for the team to travel to Washington D.C., claiming a third place trophy to bring back to Storrs along with us. None of this would have been possible without the unwavering support and extremely generous donations. We were able to cover the cost of hotels and team dinners, as well as most of the travel cost and tournament fees. After what will go down as the most successful season in this club's history, we owe a ton of what was accomplished to all of the people that supported us along the way. From all of us here at the University of Connecticut Men's Rugby team, we sincerely thank you for your kindness in playing a major role in this year's result. This would not have been possible without you all. As always, we look forward to improving again for next year, and bringing home first place when the next collegiate rugby championship comes around!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I’d personally like to thank the boneyarders who donated. You guys are great and that’s why I enjoy this online community so much. We might not all know each other personally, but there is a lot of caring and sharing that goes on here. That makes this a special place.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom