UConn Men's Basketball Schedule 2024-2025 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Men's Basketball Schedule 2024-2025

Reaction Score
UConn football would play the Manson Family if it brought them a major payday and they were a top 25 team. UConn basketball can be extremely selective in who they play.

Exactly correct.

Also have to laugh that the same people who were saying UConn football should cancel their game with Liberty will scoff at the idea of basketball not playing a game with, say, Columbia :D

Reaction Score
Oh god.
Being newer here, this brings me to a relevant q? Does anyone have some sort of list of boneyarders that are just obviously bitter 247 newscyclers? Be nice if I could know in advance who not to engage. Gracias!

Only about 20% kidding.

Reaction Score
Being newer here, this brings me to a relevant q? Does anyone have some sort of list of boneyarders that are just obviously bitter 247 newscyclers? Be nice if I could know in advance who not to engage. Gracias!

Only about 20% kidding.
This board does a really good job of keeping it about Basketball. The threads that go off the rails are more dogging players, smack talking recruits, or mentioning Kevin Ollie…(jk)

The off topic boards is where most old men with large lawns exist.

Reaction Score
A Boston Garden game would be great. Still like the idea of a 50/50 game against Providence.

Reaction Score
Maybe we could let Fairfield wear their whites and it could count as a road game for metrics.
Not a bad idea tbh, we can make Fairfield the technical home team and not get dinged as much for the game. You also don't lose a home game to neutral venue.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A Boston Garden game would be great. Still like the idea of a 50/50 game against Providence.
I see you're still flogging Boston. I don't get it, there's nothing to be gained there. UConn just put on a show in Boston and it resulted in no local impact. The press coverage was perfunctory, no radio discussion of note. Boston doesn't care about college hoop.

Reaction Score
I see you're still flogging Boston. I don't get it, there's nothing to be gained there. UConn just put on a show in Boston and it resulted in no local impact. The press coverage was perfunctory, no radio discussion of note. Boston doesn't care about college hoop.
It's a neutral court game the same as NYC but we had a better home court advantage in Boston that we did in New York during the tournament.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Hoping there's another big non-conference in Gampel or the XL along with the Baylor game
I wish but I highly doubt it.

Reaction Score
It's a neutral court game the same as NYC but we had a better home court advantage in Boston that we did in New York during the tournament.
Not a fair comparison. there were twice as many schools playing in Brooklyn. After accounting for Athletic Dept needs and big time donors, there were almost no tickets available for season ticket holders in Brooklyn. There were many more tickets available in Boston. There is also the competitive factor. There will always be more interest in regional finals compared to 30+ point wins in first round.

Reaction Score
Not a fair comparison. there were twice as many schools playing in Brooklyn. After accounting for Athletic Dept needs and big time donors, there were almost no tickets available for season ticket holders in Brooklyn. There were many more tickets available in Boston. There is also the competitive factor. There will always be more interest in regional finals compared to 30+ point wins in first round.
100%. I will also add that it's hard to compare Friday at 2:30 & Sunday at 7:00 with Thursday at 7:00 and Saturday at 7:00 especially when the former two are not in Manhattan but in Brooklyn. Friday afternoon is self explanatory but then Brooklyn Sunday night is brutal for folks coming from CT. MSG at least shortens the trip and easier to navigate to venue.

The best 1:1 comparison is Sunday afternoon v a Big Ten team in 2014 in the Elite 8 at MSG v. Saturday night in 2024 in the Elite 8 at TD Garden v a Big Ten team. I was only at the former and watched the latter across the street so I can't say. From talking to folks it sounded like they were about equal.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying it's better to play in NYC than Boston, but it's dumb to say there's nothing to be gained. From that UConn Today article a few years back, there's almost twice as many alumni in Boston than NYC.

Reaction Score
Ok, how do they sell season tickets? Can't be a home game

Then donors get pissed, and they're going to be asked to donate more than ever
It has been done in the past. The game is outside the season ticket package and has been against teams like Columbia and Easter Washington so the Hartford or Gampel season ticket holders might actually be glad to give up a game like that.

The times they have done this the games were complete sell outs.

I personally travel to games in Storrs or Hartford so it would be great to have a gam so close to home. There are many people who don't want to make the drive so this might give them an opportunity to see a game live.

I am not suggesting that Marquette, Creighton, Villanova be scheduled there.

The women also did this and =games were also completely sold out.

Reaction Score
College sports should ON COLLEGE CAMPUSES.....not an hour away
Agree - games should be at Gampel but since there are games in Hartford and multiple games outside the conference scheduled at MSG (for example Gonzaga in December 2024) why not a cupcake game in Bridgeport?

Reaction Score
Agree - games should be at Gampel but since there are games in Hartford and multiple games outside the conference scheduled at MSG (for example Gonzaga in December 2024) why not a cupcake game in Bridgeport?
16,000 seats at XL vs 10,000 seats in Bridgeport. The AD has a lot more pressure now to reduce deficit in budget. Demand for tickets is at close to an all-time high right now. That wasn't the case 10 years ago; no sell outs at XL other than maybe Cincinnati or Memphis. Playing in Bridgeport was probably an attempt to engage Fairfield County Alumni and fans.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm not saying it's better to play in NYC than Boston, but it's dumb to say there's nothing to be gained.
We just played in Boston. What did we gain?

Reaction Score
I've always felt our activation needs to be Fairfield County. You just turn a handful of these guys into UConn basketball fans and money will never be an issue for UConn basketball.
Which is why the MSG games can never stop since that is considered homecourt for all sports for many lower ffc folks. Id support playing at TD as long as the tix split was advantageous and I always want to keep some road games in recruiting hotspots, LA, Atlanta, Texas, Florida, etc. Had a great time at the Zags game this year. Seattle area actually produces some very high end ballers as well.

Reaction Score
Remember 2014 at MSG? No crowd will ever beat that one. We owned the place
NY during the NCAA tournament.

First of all the Barclay's is not a great arena and difficult to get to. Secondly the games in Brooklyn were first and second round games one on A Friday afternoon which UCONN was expected to win and advance to Boston 3) The week before UCONN fans were a major presence at MSG for the BE Tourney.

If other fans were like me anticipating wins in Brooklyn and having spent money on tickets, transportation, etc for the BE tourney and anticipating high prices in Boston decided to pass on attending the games in Brooklyn and go to Boston.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom