(UConn Men): Swin Cash calls out UConn haters & refs during Jimmy V Classic | The Boneyard

(UConn Men): Swin Cash calls out UConn haters & refs during Jimmy V Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As you probably know, New York Liberty star and Knicks analyst Swin Cash also is a proud UConn alum. So naturally that meant she was watching the men's basketball game against Maryland at Madison Square Garden on Tuesday night.

The Huskies struggled in the first half but staged a heck of a comeback in the second to make it a game. After apparently hearing from a number of UConn haters early in the game, Cash had the PERFECT response during the rally.

After getting within three with 2:49 left to play, coach Kevin Ollie was called for a technical foul after he knocked some papers onto the floor while arguing for a foul call. Cash was not pleased.

That ref is ridiculous!!!! How do you call that technical in this situation! That's some monkey ball bull
1f624.png

http://espn.go.com/espnw/athletes-l...-cash-calls-uconn-haters-refs-jimmy-v-classic

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I agree with Swin. Officiating should be situational, not consistent.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I used to officiate, college and high school. I disagree.

Ditto - and I was joking. It is ridiculous to expect an official to call it one way at the beginning of the game and another way at the end. Ditto with star players being 'respected' 'cause fans want them on the court.

Yes, looks like a blown call in the UConn game. But Ollie should have kept his cool - he didn't, got the tech and hurt his team.

Reaction Score
All officiating is situational, like it or not.
If in being "situationall" they are consistent, then this is all fans can call for

Swin Cash --among he most beautiful of all UConn (probably All WBB) players--has always been fiesty and a bit unspoken.. I love it as a Uconn fan--but how does that fly with the fans of other schools. I hated lawson early becauses she was blatantly anti Uconn.
Now she is my favorite--smart girl.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Not sure I would have called Kara L. "anti-UConn" at the beginning, though she was maddeningly pro-Vols, which I guess amounted to kind of the same thing. The respect on all sides built over the years as she settled nicely into her job, and since she's a smart person and UTenn was a minor player after 2008, she couldn't effectively be pro-Vol. Now she seems to avoid getting into Vol tactics and performance as much as she did when starting out, for obvious reasons.

The rules themselves are situational for a game, changing in the last two minutes in a couple of ways. To think that referees will be totally consistent during the course of games is a bit odd, as clearly heavy physical play has caused officials in games to very much change what they call to get the play back to acceptable levels. But as long as the officials consistently make bad calls against the Huskies near the end of games, they will keep much of the basketball world happy and be doing the job that the NCAA has assigned them to do.

Reaction Score
Must agree with the Bear on this one. Much - perhaps not all - officiating is situational. I've watched way too many obvious violations not called in the final 30 seconds of a close game because a ref didn't want to decide the outcome...but then did anyway by his or her inaction. It's a pretty common occurrence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom