UConn MBB reported meeting with agent, concluded no violation occurred, emails show... | The Boneyard

UConn MBB reported meeting with agent, concluded no violation occurred, emails show...

Reaction Score
UConn reported meeting with agent, concluded no violation occurred, emails show

>>A former UConn assistant coach met with Christian Dawkins and Merl Code, two of the central figures in a scandal that rocked the college basketball world, in a Las Vegas hotel last July.

According to emails obtained by Hearst Connecticut Media via a Freedom of Information Act request, UConn reported the details of the meeting to the NCAA after the assistant coach made athletic director David Benedict aware of the situation. The school concluded that no violations occurred.

The incident had no connection to the school’s firing of former head coach Kevin Ollie for “just cause” on March 10, according to sources close to the situation.<<

>>There is no mention of which UConn assistant coach attended the meeting in any of the emails. UConn’s assistants at the time were Raphael Chillious, Dwayne Killings and Ricky Moore. Chillious was in Las Vegas on July 28, per a post on his Twitter feed, but other UConn asssistants may have been in Las Vegas at the time.<<

Reaction Score
Some guy thought this was a big deal, when clearly it was not.

Sounds a little bit sketchy to me. Does anyone really schedule a legitimate meeting in their hotel room? Thankfully it sounds like the AD handled it.

Reaction Score
Maybe bringing this out is an attempt to provide clarity on Moore as he is struggling to get a job?

Reaction Score
Thank goodness the assistant communicated the meeting to the AD and the AD reported it to the NCAA. Had that not been done, it would have given our foes further reasons to hate on us.

Reaction Score
Did I miss the part where the NCAA said it wasn’t a big deal?

No, but the article makes it sound like UConn acted with extreme precaution. Barring any other revelations, I don't think there is anything to see here even by the NCAA's standards.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
What year will their current investigation end?

Reaction Score
Did I miss the part where the NCAA said it wasn’t a big deal?
No, but the article makes it sound like UConn acted with extreme precaution. Barring any other revelations, I don't think there is anything to see here even by the NCAA's standards.

The following is what prompted my initial comment:

>>After Fiorvanti said in an email to Crawford that the school would assume the matter was concluded unless otherwise notified, NCAA assistant director of enforcement Russell Register sent an email on Nov. 2 requesting a conference call with Benedict “to discuss a matter that we are looking into.” More emails over the following few weeks suggested more conversations between the NCAA and UConn. The reasons for those conversations were not revealed.<<

Just doesn't sound like they said okay nothing to see here and just went away happy...

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
lol....UCONN: "Nothing to see here!!! Look away!!"

Reaction Score
Sounds a little bit sketchy to me. Does anyone really schedule a legitimate meeting in their hotel room? Thankfully it sounds like the AD handled it.
Cosby did it all the time

Reaction Score

Yes, all the time. Depends on the venue. At conferences, important meetings are held in hotel rooms. Preferably suites, but I've heard of people sitting on the edges of beds.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If these allegations arent the "just cause" reason for firing Ollie (which is already not a good look even though he deserved it) then what is it?
They aren't. It wasn't a NCAA violation and even if it were, it was promptly reported and dealt with.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If these allegations arent the "just cause" reason for firing Ollie (which is already not a good look even though he deserved it) then what is it?
Patience, grasshopper.

It was a broadly written contract provision, and the matter didn't move to swift settlement, which leads to all kinds of speculation on matters & particulars largely unknown to those offering speculation.

Even comments about the "look" are speculative and unreliable.

Like recruiting, it's a process.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Sure I do it all the time. Saves money

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom