UConn linebacker Brandon Bouyer-Randle's seven-year college football journey ending at Myrtle Beach Bowl | The Boneyard

UConn linebacker Brandon Bouyer-Randle's seven-year college football journey ending at Myrtle Beach Bowl

Reaction Score

Alternative access link here <<

-> Tech coach Matt Wells had been fired during the season, and Bouyer-Randle entered the transfer portal. Preston Pehrson, the director of player personnel at Texas Tech last season, had landed at job under Jim Mora as UConn football’s general manager.

“He was one of the first guys to hit me up,” Bouyer-Randle said. “I was like, shoot, I’ll come check out UConn and then I heard about Coach Mora. From there, it seemed like an opportunity. They were looking for some older guys to come in and help revamp the program. So I hopped on it.”

First, Bouyer-Randle said, he did some research — on UConn, on Mora.

“Their record and their history the past few years didn’t look that great,” he said. “But realizing what they had, and what the vision was, got me excited. They were building something here and I feel like I’ve gotten to be part of something special here, making the first step toward rebuilding the program.” <-

Reaction Score
Yesterday, I read about a player who just finished his 9th year in D1 college football. He was 4 years at one school, 3 at another and 2 at another. A mix of redshirts years, injuries and the additional Covid year got him there.

I can't find the article to post it here, but I found this one about another player at Oregon getting a 9th year of eligibility. He was given two years for the 8th and 9th, but said he might not play the 9th because 9 years is too long to be in college.... Obama was President when he started college....

Reaction Score
Gotta love this guy. Came to a place that looked hopeless and was part of the defense that really turned around this year. He's going to have some big shoes to fill too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom