Uconn lands four on the Wooden Award pre-season list | The Boneyard

Uconn lands four on the Wooden Award pre-season list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone else notice Shoni was listed as a junior; I thought for sure she was a senior.......

Reaction Score
Noticed freshmen Diamond DeSheilds on the list. Was Stewart on the list last year?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if (4) players for the same team have ever be listed? I am sure this will go on Aja Wilson list of pro's & con's. If your determined to be the best you can be, Geno will get your there!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Noticed freshmen Diamond DeSheilds on the list. Was Stewart on the list last year?
I don't think so. It is a bit premature to list a freshman on a list like this. I guess they think she is the second coming of Maya or DT.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Hmmmm, the hands down Freshman from TN is not on the list???? Sounds like Geno had input to this list too. :rolleyes:
Only one of the hands down best frontcourt of college basketball.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
You are on a roll, Meyer. In mid-season form.

Don't burn out early!!!!!

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
How can Diamond DeShields make the list? Isn't one of the requirements to maintain a certain GPA over a period of time?

Here is part of the article

Created in 1976, the John R. Wooden Award is the most prestigious individual honor in college basketball. It is bestowed upon the nation’s best player at an institution of higher education who has proven to his or her university that he or she is making progress toward graduation and maintaining a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA.

Can that be determined already

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
How can Diamond DeShields make the list? Isn't one of the requirements to maintain a certain GPA over a period of time?

Here is part of the article

Created in 1976, the John R. Wooden Award is the most prestigious individual honor in college basketball. It is bestowed upon the nation’s best player at an institution of higher education who has proven to his or her university that he or she is making progress toward graduation and maintaining a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA.

Can that be determined already

Yes, the Wooden Award has a GPA requirement.

However, I'll speculate that the criteria apply to the winners, not to those on the watch.

Reaction Score

Settle down folks, it's only a WATCH list.

Wow, and I don't understand all the ongoing nastiness against DeShields. Stay classsy, BY.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Diamond may turn out to be a great player, but no freshman has had the impact that Maya Moore had as a consensus AA and top 2 or 3 in the AP POY voting.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We have 4 players who, if healthy, could be in the top 10 players nationally.

The best center.

The best shooter.

The most versatile.

One of the top guards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads