UConn Kansas Travel | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Kansas Travel

Reaction Score
Bought mine today section 10. Heard several other UConn fans snagged tix in same area/section. Looking forward to it!

Reaction Score
OK Kansas people.. booking the hotel in Kansas City (wife wants to stay there for the weekend)... what area should we stay in?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
OK Kansas people.. booking the hotel in Kansas City (wife wants to stay there for the weekend)... what area should we stay in?
Country Club Plaza most likely, for an upscale shopping/dining vibe. Possibly Crown Center. Not downtown. The Plaza is beautiful, more so if they have Christmas decorations up by then. Depends on what kind of thing you like to do, your age etc.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Interesting choice. I probably won't be there since I'm with KU people. I'll suggest The Wheel as a pre-game spot after stopping by and getting your swag.

Side Note: The Bird Dog bar seems like a perfect name for a pre-game before Huskies and Hawks.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well my friend came through in a huge way. Section R, Row 9. Right off the court in the lower section. Best seats either of us have ever had at AFH. This is going to be amazing.
Nice. Right behind bench
I’m in Sec 13
I’ll be taking my 21 yo son to The Wheel pregame. Maybe I’ll run into u there

Reaction Score
Well my friend came through in a huge way. Section R, Row 9. Right off the court in the lower section. Best seats either of us have ever had at AFH. This is going to be amazing when the Huskies kick Kansas's ---.
FIFY

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Nice. Right behind bench
I’m in Sec 13
I’ll be taking my 21 yo son to The Wheel pregame. Maybe I’ll run into u there
The Wheel is really old school, but fun. Kind of like the Teds of KU, but with a large outdoor area. Travis Kelce showed up there last year before a game (now he is obviously otherwise occupied). Assume we'll go there too, but we haven't gotten to those details.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
FIFY
I'll be cheering the Huskies on and hoping they win without actively rooting against the Jayhawks if that makes sense. I'll probably had some kind of UConn and KU gear on. Mostly it's just a great experience.

If UConn fans show up in numbers as I expect and spend money in Lawrence we might end up with a home and home.

Reaction Score
I'll be cheering the Huskies on and hoping they win without actively rooting against the Jayhawks if that makes sense. I'll probably had some kind of UConn and KU gear on. Mostly it's just a great experience.

If UConn fans show up in numbers as I expect and spend money in Lawrence we might end up with a home and home.
Please bring KU to Gampel
Maybe wait til 25-26

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Anyone know which hotel the team will be staying at?
I don’t think they will tell us. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s in Overland Park or some other place outside Lawrence.

Reaction Score
I don’t think they will tell us. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s in Overland Park or some other place outside Lawrence.
Interesting, felt like it was so obvious, even promoted for the final 4. But I guess that was different circumstances…

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Interesting, felt like it was so obvious, even promoted for the final 4. But I guess that was different circumstances…
Because the NCAA picks the hotel. If I recall we were not happy and asked to be moved.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
When UConn got to Vegas for the Sweet 16 their rooms were covered in vomit and feces.
That’s the one I remember then.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom