UConn-Indiana post-game thread without complaints | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn-Indiana post-game thread without complaints

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
im really enjoying how, in the past month or so, cw and evina have solidified/upped their draft profile. 'gamer' comes to mind.
as to the game, Indiana got pounded as expected, and by the usual couple of touchdowns.
Bridgeport is nice. classy crowd, too.

Reaction Score
When I say complaints, I mean no going on about turnovers, missed layups, etc. It’s fine to complain about the refs (holy cow, the block on Aaliyah’s shot that was called a foul!) or whatever, but this thread is for people who are glad to survive and advance without the “____ needs to be better” threads.

Please, let others post their opinion without being rude to them.

Not quite a Rembrandt, more of a Van Gogh. We recognize what we saw, surely, but the edges could be refined. Me, I love Van Gogh so I like the painting the way it is but know others might tinker with it. This isn’t the thread for that.

View attachment 74869
For several minutes in the 3Q, it was a Rembrandt - things snapped into place and a 16-0 run happened. We know it is not sustainable for the whole game - this one and those that might follow - but it mesmerized re: the possibilities. Finest brush strokes, color, light and contrasts.......worthy of the best in UConn lore.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I thought it was a great game over all and those of you who know my posts know that I'm pretty honest about the good and the bad. I try not to be over the top, but this team has been 100% healthy for about 3 weeks, and even that is questionable as I'm not sure Paige is 100% the old Paige yet.

That 16-0 run was a thing of beauty coming out to start the 2nd half. I was not surprised to see Indiana come out strong to start the game. They looked to be the better team early on BUT, I knew they only went 6 deep and this is one of those games where I think we just wore them down. There was no way Indiana could compete with us for 40 minutes..

Were there brain-fart moments from almost every player? Sure. But this is not a team that has played together for months and months this season. IMHO they are still trying to find their equilibrium. This game was much closer to a complete game than anything I've seen in the NCAA's from them so far. And even Geno said that the team stopped playing "right" when they got up 20.

And every player (besides Dorka) came into the game and did something really good for the team. I thought Christyn and Olivia, especially, were terrific as was Aaliyah. It was also great to see Caroline back playing and scoring along with some solid defense. I only singled her out because she played so little the UCF game. I also thought NIka was great, even tho she pissed Geno off picking up that foul and went right to the bench.

Bottom line a great team effort against a really talented Indiana team. Bring on NC State. I don't know what to expect but I'm hopeful for another final 4 trip.

Reaction Score
UConn. has more good...no great players...by a lot...than the other teams
So you don't consider last year's POY a great player? And Azzi? i bet she will be a pre-season All-American next year...

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Enjoyable game. Indiana is a very good, well coached team. They didn't quit.

Listening to Indiana's coach at the post game presser, one comment caught me off guard. She said they didn't expect UConn to be so physical. I'm like how can you not know how physical UConn plays after watching the UCF game? Seems it really threw them off the game.

Her other comment was how quick we reacted to their ball movement. WOW

Liv and Aaliyah were in beast mode on the boards. All those o-boards for extra shots. Only 2 second chance points for Indian the entire game. Christyn and company's defense on Berger was outstanding. They really bottled her up the whole game.

Nice balanced offense with 4 in double figures. That 3rd quarter run was a thing of beauty.

Monday night - bring on NC State!!!

Reaction Score
When I say complaints, I mean no going on about turnovers, missed layups, etc. It’s fine to complain about the refs (holy cow, the block on Aaliyah’s shot that was called a foul!) or whatever, but this thread is for people who are glad to survive and advance without the “____ needs to be better” threads.

Please, let others post their opinion without being rude to them.

Not quite a Rembrandt, more of a Van Gogh. We recognize what we saw, surely, but the edges could be refined. Me, I love Van Gogh so I like the painting the way it is but know others might tinker with it. This isn’t the thread for that.

View attachment 74869
Too late to edit the initial reply:

3Q opening minutes was a great example of great chiaroscuro in Art. So let it be said, so let it be done in every game that follows.....albeit different canvases, scenas and colors.....

Reaction Score
The best thing today came during the LOU-TENN game following ours. All those Vol fans would see the UCONN-IU score on the screen regularly and our victory would remind them of Tennessee's glory days when Holly Warlick took them to Elite 8.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
well since sumone here mentioned the dutchman, and this is the classy version of the post game thread,

the thing aboot his stuff, i think, is it's all colors and temperatures, that evoke a memory in the viewer, like that purple sky before a storm, the yellows and clarity of dawn, the oranges of heat, the grays of cold, and not so much shapes, or messages.
vinny was a man of the people.

Reaction Score
We played a really good game. Everybody stepped up. IU was tuff and their foul shots kept them in the game. All the fouls called really killed the momentum for UConn.

I saw NC State win and I think we can beat them too. ND shocked almost everybody when they lost the game. Didnt see that coming. The contained Culane and ND does not have our height.
I was more worried about ND than NC State. First, I can " live" if we lose to NC State. That is not the case with ND. So I am really glad they lost. I saw the Oklahoma game whee ND could do mono wrong. Their two freshman guards are brilliant and confident. And they have another Maybre ( sp?) sister or two. More importantly, that team was maturing. And looking very dangerous.

Reaction Score
This team is such a joy to watch. They don’t always play well. And every game some players shine, and others seem to struggle; and one never knows what will happen from game to game. But they are so incredibly positive and supportive of one another. They play with generosity of spirit, and passion, top to bottom. The chemistry of this group is special, and the coaches - and players - deserve a lot of credit for that. I’m enjoying the view from the stands, for as long as this run lasts.

Reaction Score
This team is such a joy to watch. They don’t always play well. And every game some players shine, and others seem to struggle; and one never knows what will happen from game to game. But they are so incredibly positive and supportive of one another. They play with generosity of spirit, and passion, top to bottom. The chemistry of this group is special, and the coaches - and players - deserve a lot of credit for that. I’m enjoying the view from the stands, for as long as this run lasts.
Agree wholeheartedly. Geno is a maestro and can call on various ways to win. Do we need a big lineup? A small lineup? Leadership? Energy? Shooting? We have it all. Go Huskies - you can do it!!

Reaction Score
I just want to add that I have just been amazed - giddy-like with AE’s play. Specifically her ability to defend anything and anyone near her size because she has such a terrific blend of strength and quickness. Her power and quickness is really extremely impressive on the defensive end and her ability to get after rebounds. Not sure what happened this summer with the Olympics and when she 1st came back -- but I really really really really really really love this current version of AE. Her next step would be her ability to finish better in the paint. But this year imo - man do we need her. Hopeful this new version of super-soph AE can stay out of foul trouble. I love what she is doing. Love it.

As for CD. It was near identical of the two layups she missed vs UCF she made in this game. Very odd - if my recollection is right that when she 1st came in vs UCF, near immediate she had a layup attempt. Same with Indiana. But this time she scored.

I'm thrilled this team is in the E8.
I'm thrilled seeing SR play step up.

What a beautiful play CW made going length of the floor and making a beauty pass to AE for layup.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Big East and ACC have two teams in the Elite Eight, while the other Power Five Conferences have one each. Not bad.
Now if the “cellar dwellers” (Georgetown, Xavier and Butler) would make a conscious and sincere effort to improve the quality of their programs (players and if need be coaches), the BIG East would start to receive a little more respect from the WCBB community and the news media.

Playing several top 50 programs in their preseason schedule (and winning those games) would help. This year 4 BE schools made the tournament. Next year lets try for 5.

It would be the upset of the tournament if Creighton could knock off South Carolina. The Bluejays have nothing to lose. They were not on anyone’s bracket to make it this far.

Call them Cinderella or a dark horse, either name fits. They can play fast (but smart), loose and shoot from the hip. All of the pressure will be on the Gamecocks. Good luck Creighton. The entire conference and folks who like to see the underdog win sometimes are rooting for you. :cool:

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I just want to add that I have just been amazed - giddy-like with AE’s play. Specifically her ability to defend anything and anyone near her size because she has such a terrific blend of strength and quickness. Her power and quickness is really extremely impressive on the defensive end and her ability to get after rebounds. Not sure what happened this summer with the Olympics and when she 1st came back -- but I really really really really really really love this current version of AE. Her next step would be her ability to finish better in the paint. But this year imo - man do we need her. Hopeful this new version of super-soph AE can stay out of foul trouble. I love what she is doing. Love it.

As for CD. It was near identical of the two layups she missed vs UCF she made in this game. Very odd - if my recollection is right that when she 1st came in vs UCF, near immediate she had a layup attempt. Same with Indiana. But this time she scored.

I'm thrilled this team is in the E8.
I'm thrilled seeing SR play step up.

What a beautiful play CW made going length of the floor and making a beauty pass to AE for layup.
The experience this team is getting in the tournament will pay dividends next year.

Reaction Score
Azzi's transition three's. Seeing Christyn dribble drive and get to the basket. Seeing Paige shoot until they started falling. Seeing Liv look BIG in the post. Seeing Aaliyah offensive rebound. Seeing Caroline make some superb baskets and finish at the rim. Seeing Nika pop a three/look away assists. Seeing Evina steal the ball and finish.

In the back of my mind I knew Indiana didn't stand a realistic chance, glad this team confirmed it :)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Check out the pass by Cardano-Hillary at the 5:39 mark of the 3rd quarter. Did that pass bounce off the players sitting on the Indiana bench?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom