UConn in the NFL | Page 30 | The Boneyard

UConn in the NFL

Reaction Score
Bitter sweet. Nick Williams has been promoted to active (finally) from the Falcons practice squad, while Blidi was cut. I didn't even realize Atlanta had picked up BWW.
Linky

Reaction Score
How good is the NFL, really? That guy couldn't get on the field at UConn.

Nick had 30 catches his senior year in 2012. I'd say he had to be in the field to get that many catches. Cause you know our QB's have not been the best at completing them over the years.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Nick Williams in his first game back: 4 receptions, 49 yards.

He was probably making close to $10k/wk on the practice squad but I am amazed he didn't get picked up earlier by another team. On one of these threads I predicted someone would pick him up due to injuries by the 2nd or 3rd week.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Could you have ever dreamed up a scenario where on Sunday night football the battle between two storied franchises would feature two young UConn safeties opposing one another in Byron Jones and Andrew Adams? And that the game lived up to its defensive hype? Pretty amazing.

I missed the first half the game, got it at home on the dvr, any UConn mentions during the broadcast?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Could you have ever dreamed up a scenario where on Sunday night football the battle between two storied franchises would feature two young UConn safeties opposing one
another in Byron Jones and Andrew Adams? And that the game lived up to its defensive hype? Pretty amazing.

I missed the first have the game, got it at home on the dvr, any UConn mentions during the broadcast?

They mentioned that Andrew Adams was benched after a blown coverage that allowed Dallas to score their only points. It was a brilliant fake that all the Giant defenders bit on but unfortunately Adams paid the price.

Reaction Score
Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller 13 mins ago
Former #UConn CB Dwayne Gratz signed by Eagles
Eagles Place Three On Injured Reserve 

>>With the open spots on the active roster, the Eagles signed cornerback Dwayne Gratz, formerly of the Rams and Jaguars, and long snapper Rick Lovato, who previously played for the Packers and Redskins.

Gratz is a former third-round pick of the Jacksonville Jaguars, who hails from safety Malcolm Jenkins' hometown of Piscataway, New Jersey. He was most recently with the Los Angeles Rams. The 5-11, 199-pound Gratz was drafted in 2013 out of UConn. He played in 10 games (8 starts) as a rookie and tied for the team lead with two interceptions. He became a full-time starter in 2014 and started 13 out of the 15 games that he played in. Gratz posted a career-high 55 tackles that season. He was released by the Jaguars this past October and claimed by the Rams, with whom he played three games with.

Reaction Score
Nick Williams was probably making close to $10k/wk on the Falcons practice squad but I am amazed he didn't get picked up earlier by another team.

The Pats could have used his punt return and receiving talents last night. He may be on their radar. Or maybe he'll make it to the Super Bowl with the Falcons. They're my pick from the NFC.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The Pats could have used his punt return and receiving talents last night. He may be on their radar. Or maybe he'll make it to the Super Bowl with the Falcons. They're my pick from the NFC.

Jones has no business receiving punts, but Slater (who does not normally return kicks) is a perennial Pro Bowler. IIRC, Amendola is NE's normal returner. He's probably out until the playoffs, so the Pats need to do something, but Williams is likely not that.

All due respect to Nick Williams, but I can't see how he could improve on what the Patriots' receivers did last night. For the season, Patriot receivers have a total of 9 dropped passes (4th best in NFL). 4 of those are by Edelman who has been targeted 126 times and 2 are by someone (Brandon Bolden) who has not played a meaningful offensive snap in over a month and a half. New England had over 400 yards in the air, to boot.

It's moot anyway. Unless he is inexplicably released, the Pats cannot get him, as it is far passed the trading deadline and Williams is not eligible to return to Atlanta's Practice Squad for a minimum of 2 more weeks. This is neither here nor there, but I believe he is also ineligible for any Practice Squad after this season.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Jones has no business receiving punts, but Slater (who does not normally return kicks) is a perennial Pro Bowler. IIRC, Amendola is NE's normal returner.

All due respect to Nick Williams, but I can't see how he could improve on what the Patriots' receivers did last night. For the season, Patriot receivers have a total of 9 dropped passes (4th best in NFL). 4 of those are by Edelman who has been targeted 126 times and 2 are by someone (Brandon Bolden) who has not played a meaningful offensive snap in over a month and a half. New England had over 400 yards in the air, to boot.

It's moot anyway. Unless he is inexplicably released, Williams is not eligible to return to Atlanta's Practice Squad for a minimum of 2 more weeks and I believe he is also ineligible for the Practice Squad after this season.

It's easier to catch a deflated ball ;)

Reaction Score
Bitter sweet. Nick Williams has been promoted to active (finally) from the Falcons practice squad, while Blidi was cut. I didn't even realize Atlanta had picked up BWW.
Linky

Changed their minds...;)

Atlanta Falcons ‏@AtlantaFalcons 11h 11 hours ago
The Falcons have signed CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson.

He took a hell of a shot on one of his catches too. Good for him to get back with the active roster!

FalconsKelsey ‏@FalconsKelsey Dec 11
WR Nick Williams has a concussion and has been ruled out to return to the game. #ATLvsLA

In NFL Concussion Protocol..

Reaction Score
They mentioned that Andrew Adams was benched after a blown coverage that allowed Dallas to score their only points. It was a brilliant fake that all the Giant defenders bit on but unfortunately Adams paid the price.
After the game the Giants head coach said tat Collins blew the coverage, it wasn't Adams man.

Reaction Score
This is Nick William's first concussion. He's "day to day" before returning to action.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom