UCONN in the NBA - January '24 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UCONN in the NBA - January '24

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hawkins has 6 points in 6 minutes so far tonight.
2-2 from 3 !
He finished with 6 and his team scored 153. I know he has put up some gaudy offensive numbers, but that team needs somebody to play defense.

Reaction Score
Andre had 8 points in 20 minutes last night. He had an awesome stretch in the second quarter where he made a layup, hit 2 free throws, stole a pass, and had a great dunk all in about a 2:30 span, and in that time they went from down 4 to up 3.
I was going to mention that he was getting important 4th quarter minutes now, but since his coach was fired, we will have to see how the next coach decides to use him.
Fingers crossed.
Love that Andre went to support the husky women last night #bluesblue

Reaction Score
Hardcore reaching with this one but Charlotte just traded their starting SG for Kyle Lowry

Assuming Lowry gets moved again soon, but if they don’t get a SG back in that trade, the SGs will have to slot into more minutes. Bouknight is still at the end of the line, but might be forced into some minutes
Update: the minutes went to Frank Ntilikina :oops:

Reaction Score
Update: the minutes went to Frank Ntilikina :oops:
In a loss to Detroit, possibly (likely) the worst NBA team in history.

Ntilikina is one of the few players that actually doesn't deserve minutes over Bouk. An empty chair would have a larger impact

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No minutes for Andre tonight with the interim coach. Actually he got the last garbage minute.
I understand Rivers is aware that everyone wants to see him out there more, so hopefully he plays him going forward.
Lillard and Andre were joking around after tonight's game, so at least we know the main guys like him. That's something.

Reaction Score
No minutes for Andre tonight with the interim coach. Actually he got the last garbage minute.
I understand Rivers is aware that everyone wants to see him out there more, so hopefully he plays him going forward.
Lillard and Andre were joking around after tonight's game, so at least we know the main guys like him. That's something.
Yeah, I hope it’s temporary, but I don’t love him playing one minute after the minutes he’s logged lately.
IMG_4260.jpeg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Doc Rivers playing a rookie....ha. Terrible coach for Andre.

Reaction Score
Hawk shooting great again tonight. 2-3 from 3 in 9 minutes in the first half.

I have watched just about every Pels game this season just so i can see Hawk. Anyone who doesn't see how his gravity affects the whole game doesn't understand how this works. The game is so much easier for all 5 players on the floor while he's out there because he's one of 2 players on that team that actually need to be guarded beyond 20 ft. Zion and Ingram are both better players when he's out there providing space. Even the team defense is better when you're not expending so much useless energy on poor clogged offense. He doesn't need to make his shots, or even shoot them. He just has to exist out there between the lines. He is on the other team's scouting report.

Anyone who disagrees can read/watch/listen to any Pels media out there. Everyone is calling for more Hawkins, and less Alvarado, Marshall, Daniels, and in some cases even CJ.

Reaction Score
Doc Rivers playing a rookie....ha. Terrible coach for Andre.
Yes. But ownership is different these days and they try to serve the fans. I think doc is just seeing what he has. I assume minutes pick up within the week.

Reaction Score
Yes. But ownership is different these days and they try to serve the fans. I think doc is just seeing what he has. I assume minutes pick up within the week.
Losing this game will help Ajax case for playing time.

Reaction Score
9 minutes left in the Milwaukee game, Bucks down by 12.
No minutes for Andre tonight.

I was hopeful, but getting less so by the game.

Reaction Score
If Giannis wills it, Dre will get his chance.

Reaction Score
Hawkins: 19 min, 9 points, 2-5 shooting (2-4 3P)

Andre: no minutes. New coach does not see his value as much as the old coach did

Bouknight: 5 points in 6 min (garbage time in a blowout), 2-6 FG

Tyrese Martin (G League): 14 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists on 6-14 FG

Reaction Score
Hawkins: 19 min, 9 points, 2-5 shooting (2-4 3P)

Andre: no minutes. New coach does not see his value as much as the old coach did

Bouknight: 5 points in 6 min (garbage time in a blowout), 2-6 FG

Tyrese Martin (G League): 14 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists on 6-14 FG
The new coach has been there for what, 4 days?

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
The new coach has been there for what, 4 days?
Yeah but 2 games where Andre didn’t play after averaging 19 minutes a game in his previous 5

But after hearing about Griffin’s defensive philosophy, it’s not surprising that he would love a player like Andre more than the average coach

Guess we have to see what Doc thinks for the rest of the season. My assumption is that he’ll lean on the vets and not give Andre too many chances. For a team in win-now mode, not a bad decision but I see a world where Andre could be needed as some energy and defense if the team goes stagnant

Reaction Score
Doc doesn’t make his debut until Monday. We’ll see what Andre’s minutes look like then.
Oh, great news. I saw Prunty's first game, and i thought he was only coaching that first game then Doc was taking over.
Good to hear he hasn't started yet. I haven't bothered watching them the past couple games because i knew Andre wasn't playing.

Reaction Score
Yeah but 2 games where Andre didn’t play after averaging 19 minutes a game in his previous 5

But after hearing about Griffin’s defensive philosophy, it’s not surprising that he would love a player like Andre more than the average coach

Guess we have to see what Doc thinks for the rest of the season. My assumption is that he’ll lean on the vets and not give Andre too many chances. For a team in win-now mode, not a bad decision but I see a world where Andre could be needed as some energy and defense if the team goes stagnant
Have fun getting blown out by the Celtics if Andre doesn’t play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedRabbit84

Top Bottom