UCONN in the NBA - January '24 | The Boneyard

UCONN in the NBA - January '24

Reaction Score
Sanogo got his first NBA points tonight. Getting some garbage time minutes in a blowout loss to Philly. 2 points and 3 rebounds in 6 minutes so far, 2:36 left to go

Pelicans are demolishing the Nets and Hawkins is getting some decent minutes. 10 minutes, 3 points, 2 blocks so far

EDIT apparently Sanogo went nuts in the 6 minutes since I posted this. Finished the game with 8 minutes, 8 points, 6 rebounds. #3 on his team in rebounds…in 8 minutes

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Adama played good defense as well, albeit against Philly’s scrubs. But, he looks really good on offense. Really couldn’t hurt to give him spot minutes while Vuc is out. Unless the Bulls don’t care to develop him.

Reaction Score
Hawkins not helping our case by shooting 3-13! Lol

Reaction Score
non UConn but what SGA is doing at OKC is ridiculous, 31/6/6 on 55% and he doesn't even really shoot 3s, just torching people in the paint and midrange. Sam Presti really built another trio that fast with SGA/JDub/Chet.

Reaction Score
non UConn but what SGA is doing at OKC is ridiculous, 31/6/6 on 55% and he doesn't even really shoot 3s, just torching people in the paint and midrange. Sam Presti really built another trio that fast with SGA/JDub/Chet.
The amount of guys just blowing the doors off statistically and analytically is insane. Embiid is currently destroying the highest PER single-season on record, Luka is playing insane on great splits, Jokic is Jokic, and Tyrese/DeAaron are having career defining seasons.

Reaction Score
Hawkins not helping our case by shooting 3-13! Lol
I’m not worried he still had 11 pts and NO won in a blowout. He needs to play and go through that rookie wall, hows he gonna get better by being in the G league.

Reaction Score
jackson had another good game off the bench last night, playing major fourth quarter minutes as the team tried (and failed) to mount a comeback.

take a look at this graph of the players who create the most good-quality looks for their teammates. aj is on the bottom row for volume, but creates better looks for his teammates than the vast majority of players in the league. pretty insane.

Reaction Score
feels like the Bucks and Pacers play every 2 business days, what the hell is going on with the NBA schedule

Reaction Score
feels like the Bucks and Pacers play every 2 business days, what the hell is going on with the NBA schedule

Isn't that pretty much the NBA schedule? A game every 2-3 days? They have an 82 game season from middle of October to middle of April (6 months).

Reaction Score
Isn't that pretty much the NBA schedule? A game every 2-3 days? They have an 82 game season from middle of October to middle of April (6 months).
I'm referring to the Bucks and Pacers playing each other, I know the IST played a part in it but they've already played each other 5x and it's only January.

Reaction Score
I'm referring to the Bucks and Pacers playing each other, I know the IST played a part in it but they've already played each other 5x and it's only January.
It's because they are in the same division. The Celtics and 76ers have played each other 5 times as well.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
The amount of guys just blowing the doors off statistically and analytically is insane. Embiid is currently destroying the highest PER single-season on record, Luka is playing insane on great splits, Jokic is Jokic, and Tyrese/DeAaron are having career defining seasons.

And don’t forget Hali!

Reaction Score
It's because they are in the same division. The Celtics and 76ers have played each other 5 times as well.
lol yes I'm aware, I just think the NBA should spread the matchups out instead of having them playing every week, it's become stale. this shift in the scheduling is recent and I guess due to travel.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
That’s Tyrese. Maxey has been great but nothing out of the ordinary overall.

That actually makes sense, I dno why but seeing Tyrese triggers Maxey in my brain, not Hali. And I read it quickly.

He’s my newest favorite player, since last year but I’ve been watching them since game 1 and he’s just magic.

I admit I didn’t STUDY prospects or anything but that jumper had me questioning him at the draft, not to mention he didn’t KILL at Iowa state. I just love how he plays the game though. He’s awesome.

Reaction Score
I didn’t want to start a separate thread but that Spurs / Bucks game was entertaining. Especially the 4th quarter with Giannis and Wemby going at it. Anyone who finds the NBA boring should watch the replay

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I didn’t want to start a separate thread but that Spurs / Bucks game was entertaining. Especially the 4th quarter with Giannis and Wemby going at it. Anyone who finds the NBA boring should watch the replay
Last night we had two 7’s who can put the ball on the floor trading 3s and fast break dunks.

Then another 7’ shoot 80% from the field while almost having a 34 point triple double. And oh yeah he hit a pull up contested 40’ for the win.

NBA is in an amazing place. Do you know how hard it is to make a top 5/top 10 list?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Last night we had two 7’s who can put the ball on the floor trading 3s and fast break dunks.

Then another 7’ shoot 80% from the field while almost having a 34 point triple double. And oh yeah he hit a pull up contested 40’ for the win.

NBA is in an amazing place. Do you know how hard it is to make a top 5/top 10 list?
Agree
Giannis is a huge talent for sure but he has turned into a mini LeBron with his antics. The delay in his FT shooting, that is helped and ignored by the refs, is aggravating. Coach Pop kept asking the refs to count the time that Giannis takes preparing for his FTs but they just ignored him. Refs called an inbounds violation on Wemby at the very end of the game and what he did is done by 95% of NBA players yet they don't call the 10 second violation on Giannis at the foul line.
The Bucks are a terrible defensive team but explosive on offense, however. when 2 players score nearly 60% pf your points, it emphasizes the fact that the NBA is a one on one game.
When Wemby adds some muscle he will be virtually unstoppable. The Spurs will be a really nice team when these kids mature.

Reaction Score
Agree
Giannis is a huge talent for sure but he has turned into a mini LeBron with his antics. The delay in his FT shooting, that is helped and ignored by the refs, is aggravating. Coach Pop kept asking the refs to count the time that Giannis takes preparing for his FTs but they just ignored him. Refs called an inbounds violation on Wemby at the very end of the game and what he did is done by 95% of NBA players yet they don't call the 10 second violation on Giannis at the foul line.
The Bucks are a terrible defensive team but explosive on offense, however. when 2 players score nearly 60% pf your points, it emphasizes the fact that the NBA is a one on one game.
When Wemby adds some muscle he will be virtually unstoppable. The Spurs will be a really nice team when these kids mature.
LeBron and Giannis should start fighting their teammates!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Tuned in for Andre, got to see Wemby for the first time, and Giannis. No complaints.
Even kept TNT on for the second game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom