2020 Recruiting: - UConn in for Andre Jackson | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: UConn in for Andre Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The GI (giddiness index) was off the charts yesterday in spite of no commitment as yet and now the cancellation of a visit by a player many were touting yesterday as a surprise possibility might mean a 180 to depths of despair tomorrow.
I’m having a difficult time trying to understand what you’re saying here. Probably means it’s time for me to go to bed.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
The GI (giddiness index) was off the charts yesterday in spite of no commitment as yet and now the cancellation of a visit by a player many were touting yesterday as a surprise possibility might mean a 180 to depths of despair tomorrow.

Reaction Score
That scenario would make sense. Just hope AJ is solid with his word and people aren't in his ear telling him to flip
He will be. The kid grew up as a syracuse fan and just committed to their rival lmao. I don’t think theres anything that could be said to flip his decision at this point

C

Chief00

He will be. The kid grew up as a syracuse fan and just committed to their rival lmao. I don’t think theres anything that could be said to flip his decision at this point
I guarantee you, they will try.

Reaction Score
I guarantee you, they will try.
As should any coach? The kid hasn't officially announced the decision yet - if JB gave up because of internet rumblings then he should be fired for incompetence lol

Reaction Score
As should any coach? The kid hasn't officially announced the decision yet - if JB gave up because of internet rumblings then he should be fired for incompetence lol

Imagine thinking that Boeheim's source of information is the same as yours. Jackson has almost certainly told him to his face that he's coming here. That's why all of the Cuse CB's evaporated immediately after they came to see him a couple days ago.

Reaction Score
They probably told Lane that Jackson committed and he can still take the visit or cancel it and use it on another school.
This is exactly what happened. However, since Cam isn't a lock...wouldn't you try to get Andre, Cliff, and now whoever committed first between Lane and Cam? Both OV's are around same time. Just don't like a scenario where we tell Lane to go and then not get Cam.

Reaction Score
This is exactly what happened. However, since Cam isn't a lock...wouldn't you try to get Andre, Cliff, and now whoever committed first between Lane and Cam? Both OV's are around same time. Just don't like a scenario where we tell Lane to go and then not get Cam.
Did Cam set a date to commit yet? Because Lane is committing on October 8th. I'd guess the staff felt that with Andre locked in, Cliff will be the next domino to fall and then they will use those 2 guys to lure Cam in.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
There's a way for them to fix this. They could relocate their university someplace more appealing than Syracuse, and play normal defense.

1569591493124.png

Reaction Score
Did Cam set a date to commit yet? Because Lane is committing on October 8th. I'd guess the staff felt that with Andre locked in, Cliff will be the next domino to fall and then they will use those 2 guys to lure Cam in.
Jackson and Lane have similar weaknesses and wouldn't pair well with each other regardless of who was in the class. they both clearly had no interest in committing in the same class as each other either.
As of now, a three man class in the Fall happens only with Cam as part of it (unlikely but we’ll see). They need a big and a guard.
Couldn't be more true, but I'm sure you'll see a million variations of "why?" in response...

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Goes by Big Willy these days.
Made me think of a Van Halen song off Diver Down, I think, called Big Bad Bill. A couple lines in the song:

Big Bad Bill is Sweet William now
Now they all call him Sweet Papa Willy Dear

Basically about a guy who went from being a bad mutha (hush your mouth) to a wuss just by getting married.

Reaction Score
There's a way for them to fix this. They could relocate their university someplace more appealing than Syracuse, and play normal defense.

Syracuse is boring. The coach is old and the zone scheme is tired. You need good guard play and great shooters to beat the zone and just about every top team in the ACC has that.

Every once in a while Syracuse plays the zone to perfection and gets a nice win, but they'll always be a middle tier team in the ACC.

Once Boeheim leaves they'll struggle as the guy who was supposed to be the transition "Hopkins", already has a gig.

For all that their fans chirp about how far Uconn has fallen, they are the delusional ones. We're back in a solid conference with a great "young" coach who's full of energy and is great with x's and o's.

The future looks good for Uconn

We shall be Kings again

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As of now, a three man class in the Fall happens only with Cam as part of it (unlikely but we’ll see). They need a big and a guard.

It has been reported that LSU will indeed receive a notice of allegations from the NCAA during this season, do you think that helps us out at all?

Reaction Score

I’ve been told if we get Jackson, then getting Cliff becomes more likely. And if we get those two that’s the class until spring at least. But if Thomas wants to come here we’re taking him (obviously). If Gilbert makes it a full season without injuries, he will likely graduate and move on leaving an extra scholarship.

Reaction Score
I’ve been told if we get Jackson, then getting Cliff becomes more likely. And if we get those two that’s the class until spring at least. But if Thomas wants to come here we’re taking him (obviously). If Gilbert makes it a full season without injuries, he will likely graduate and move on leaving an extra scholarship.

what do you mean "if" ??

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Seems like the best and most obvious play here is to sign a 2020 big during the fall period. Then play wait and see on a transfer or late bloomer/spring signee at guard. We will also have a better idea of what AG is going to do come spring...

Reaction Score
Seems like the best and most obvious play here is to sign a 2020 big during the fall period. Then play wait and see on a transfer or late bloomer/spring signee at guard. We will also have a better idea of what AG is going to do come spring...
Agreed.....BUT if Cam Johnson wants to commit as well you take him and figure out the rest later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom