UConn Huskies - In need of a win. | The Boneyard

UConn Huskies - In need of a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nothing to say about Saturday, except we played hard, from start to finish, and lost. Pittsburgh, played a great game at Notre Dame, and reminded me a lot of a team that visited there in 2009, but managed to win in OT.

Learning how to win. If it was easy, and everybody knew how to do it, there would be no losers.

Watching the NFL game last night, it's remarkable to see what the Falcons have done in the past few years in close games, and what they did again last night.

They know how to win. Close games, pressure on, they know how to win.

Describing it? Simple.

In a close game, late in a game, you make the plays you have to make, and you don't make mistakes.

Like I said, describing it is simple

It's doing it, that's hard.

Aside from 1 game this season, and aside from all the opinion on schematics, calls, and management, our guys on the field, have been in position to begin to learn how to win the games, and aside from all that I just mentioned outside the lines on game day...it is and always be up to the players on the field to make it happen, and get the job done.

You can only focus on that which you have control over, if you want to be successful at something, and as much as we all might like to see change in certain things, these games, have all been there for the taking, by us, and we've not done it.

We just keep fumbling away, throwing away, missed blocking and missed tackling away, those opportunites to win, and begin to learn how to win regularly.

I look for that to change on Friday. I wish I had different expectations to look forward to, here, now in the first week of November, and as I plan for the day, evening, and by the time I make it into the stadium on Friday night, but for now, I just want to see this team win a game. And as always, I expect to win this game.

We - once again - are NOT overmatched in this game.

Reaction Score
Honestly wins and losses don't mean much to me right now. I just want to see progress.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Honestly wins and losses don't mean much to me right now. I just want to see progress.

We've got one of the worst offenses in division 1 football, and one of the best defenses in division 1 football. How are you going to measure progress?

Real progress would be actually winning the games that are there for the taking. I want a win on Friday.

Reaction Score
We've got one of the worst offenses in division 1 football, and one of the best defenses in division 1 football. How are you going to measure progress?

Real progress would be actually winning the games that are there for the taking. I want a win on Friday.

imagesCAHMHZQF.jpg

Reaction Score

Really? So if the other team doesn't execute and neither do we but we end up winning by a field goal that would make things right for you?

U

UCONNfan1

Progress will be winning one more game this year. Seriously, if you look at the schedule, we could easily lose out the rest of this season.

Reaction Score
I just wish they would stop handcuffing whitmer when he crosses the 40 yard line. It's oh run left, right, crossing pattern 3 yards then field goal try. Continuing to disrupt the tempo of the O when they actually gain a few first downs with the wildcat still dumbfounds me. Also anytime there is a blitz up the middle nobody blocks it..frustrating to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom