UConn/G'Town thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn/G'Town thread

Reaction Score
I'm OK with the shot. Just too little to late. This was our game and we have it away.

Reaction Score
Didn't expect anything and yet am still disappointed. The worst combined performance by Purvis and Brimah yet. Crazy to think our defense fell apart when Steve Enoch of all people picked up his 3rd.

Reaction Score
No one gave ANY help to Jalen in the second half, no player besides him can create his own shot, feel bad for Jalen because he was on another level than the rest of the team. Can't have that the rest of the season. Purvis needs to learn how to play basketball again, Brimah playing 7 minutes fouling out is so Brimah-esque.

Reaction Score
Great game.....hope we play Gtown next season....just not enough bullets....building to 4 games vs Cincy & SMU and AAC tourney

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Enoch not a juggernaut by any means, but he is playing within himself. Definitely improved. Shout out to him

Can he please become the surprise Darren Morningstar became at Pitt?
If so, how soon?

There was a moment in the first half when Georgetown had 4 guys sitting in front of the scorer's table waiting to substitute. That concerned me, but this game was so winnable, and by a decent margin.

Senior leadership is not supposed to be an oxymoron. (Not looking at you KF)

Reaction Score
Good news...assuming he stays, we're going to have the best player in the country next year. Jalen Adams has all the tools to be the best player that ever played at Uconn. And I don't say that lightly.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
The seniors are killing us. They simply CANNOT be this inconsistent. None of them really showed up today

Not as good as lately, but I don't think Facey hurt us.

Reaction Score
Just one of the things KO takes undeserved heat about. Great today.
KO is great at drawing up plays out of timeouts, they're just not immediate. Example is today in the 2nd half with I want to say around 8 minutes left. Got Jalen and Facey into a pick and roll and Facey had the open lane and I think got fouled

Reaction Score
Good news...assuming he stays, we're going to have the best player in the country next year. Jalen Adams has all the tools to be the best player that ever played at Uconn. And I don't say that lightly.
Easy there buddy.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Not as good as lately, but I don't think Facet hurt us.
He didn't hurt as badly as RP or AB but he didn't have the game he's capable of having to offset them, particularly defensive rebounds.

Reaction Score
Its not far fetched. Hes way better than kemba and Napier atvsame point

Right.

Kemba is my personal #1, and Jalen is better than him as a sophomore.

He's incredible. And as good as he was a month ago, he's significantly better now.

Reaction Score
Not as good as lately, but I don't think Facey hurt us.
Facey was not terrible but Kevin Ollie agrees.....KO: I need more from my seniors, they can't be playing like that

Reaction Score
Yes, he's showing us lots of talent and results on the court. But you're going WAY overboard with those 2 statements. Perhaps it's the theory of recency that is clouding your judgement. In the time I have been watching UConn basketball, here is a short list of players that Adams has to leapfrog to become the best all-time Husky:
Tony Hanson, Corny Thompson, Earl Kelly, Clifford Robinson, Chris Smith, Donyell Marshall, Ray Allen, Rip Hamilton, Khalid El Amin, Caron Butler, Emeka Okafor, Ben Gordon, Rudy Gay, Marcus Williams, AJ Price, Hasheem Thabeet, Jeff Adrien, Kemba Walker, Shabazz Napier

So if he stays and has a great year, he may crack the top ten. There is no way that he will finish in the top 6: Allen, R Hamilton, Okafor, Walker, Marshall, Napier.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom