UConn Going to Australia for Prized Recruit? | The Boneyard

UConn Going to Australia for Prized Recruit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Be still my rapid beating heart!

Are we talking about this coming season....or September 2017?

Reaction Score
Be still my rapid beating heart!

Are we talking about this coming season....or September 2017?
2017. Reminds me of the relatively late recruiting of Kia Nurse. Sounds like she would be a wonderful addition to the team.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I was hoping they recruited the tall black player on the team that beat the USA under 17 team recently. She looked very good.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Here's a report on her from last year's U18 Aussie Championships:

Chantel Horvat (VICC)

21 PPG, 10.4 RPG (4.1 OFF), 2.8 APG, 1 BPG, 50 FG%

Had one of the biggest games of the tournament, going for 34 points (13-14 FGM) and 14 rebounds against a tough SA Metro team. Horvat is a deadly scorer, with the ability to take it to the rack against smaller players or exploit larger matchups from the perimeter. A star athlete, Horvat uses her great timing and leaping ability to control the boards, and moves well in the open court. Stuffed the stat-sheet in every game she played in.

U18 Australian Junior Champs – Girl's All-Tourney Teams + MVP - AUSA Hoops

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Sounds like a great fit. Lets throw some shrimp on the barbie for her !!

Just don't say it to her. She'll roll her eyes and walk the other way right quick.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Horvat says she has until next May or June to make a decision. I thought the April signing period was the latest you could sign your LOI. Different for international players?
Not different for international players same date for NLI, she is probably not falmilar with NCAA timeline.

Reaction Score
I was hoping they recruited the tall black player on the team that beat the USA under 17 team recently. She looked very good.

From what I've been reading, the US college route is not all that popular with the majority of Aussie basketball players as they have so many other options.........sure would be nice for UConn to develop a pipeline starting with Horvat...............

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
See this is just more proof that Geno is only all about winning and he'll stop at nothing to get good players. Even go overseas! ;)

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
From what I've been reading, the US college route is not all that popular with the majority of Aussie basketball players as they have so many other options....sure would be nice for UConn to develop a pipeline starting with Horvat.....
Too bad. I think it is different with the men. St. Louis U. had three a few years ago and there were a number of them on other teams Mathew Delavadova?, who just played in the NBA Finals, is from Australia.

Reaction Score
He better not go after any Aussie transfers or he will have to answer to you know who in blue!:D Darn guy Geno, all he wants to do is win...what's wrong with the man?

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
He better not go after any Aussie transfers or he will have to answer to you know who in blue!:D Darn guy Geno, all he wants to do is win...what's wrong with the man?
I cannot wait to watch Duke WBB preseason videos. I'm thinking it will be gold. Every time she speaks I am shocked.

Reaction Score
Too bad. I think it is different with the men. St. Louis U. had three a few years ago and there were a number of them on other teams Mathew Delavadova?, who just played in the NBA Finals, is from Australia.

The women have different options I guess.........if they want to go pro they can play in Australia or in the Asian leagues and some will end up in the US to earn their degree and/or directly to WNBA........Horvat seems particularly interested in getting a college education while developing her game..............

Reaction Score
Horvat says she has until next May or June to make a decision. I thought the April signing period was the latest you could sign your LOI. Different for international players?

The spring signing date runs until May 17th next year. (It's May 18th this year.) However a player can still commit after that date. Both sides at that point just have to trust each other to honor the commitment. Or occasionally a contract can be drawn up that is different than a standard NLI. Over the years a number of players have committed to programs during the summer, although it is more common on the men's side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom