UConn @ Georgia State Panthers - Saturday 9/9/23 @Center Parc Stadium @7p on ESPN+ | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Georgia State Panthers - Saturday 9/9/23 @Center Parc Stadium @7p on ESPN+

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
From what I know and have experienced, the games are avaiable for replay the next day or two.
I just looked and you can, in fact, record ESPN+ games. The interface was a little weird getting to it, but I was able to do it from my phone. :)

(I'll just need to ignore the ESPN updates and stay off the BY for a day so I miss the final score.)

Reaction Score
Listened to the whole thing. The GAST guy they brought on seems pretty knowledgable. He obviously felt confident in his team.

GAST has a first year DC who installed a completely new scheme. They also lots of a lot of their best players to P5 schools. This explains the many, many miscommunications and breakdowns on defense I saw against Rhode Island. It's highly unlikely these issues will be resolved in one week.

GAST's strength on offense is their running game. Their o-line is their biggest strength, but they also have a very experienced dual threat QB (Grainger, #3) and a workhorse RB (Carroll, #23). The GAST guy said the key to stopping their offense is to stop the run. They use a very similar zone blocking scheme to us and we supposedly have a more experienced defense. They aren't very deep on offense, so they don't sub a lot. If the aforementioned #3 and #23 are having a tough day, then that's it for them. (Everything matches up with what I saw and typed out in a previous post.)

Keys for us:
  • Can we tackle a running QB?
  • Can our offense improve more than their defense needs to improve?
  • Can we stop their run game?
  • Can we get anything out of our passing game?
  • Can we stop with the untimely trick plays?

Reaction Score
I just looked and you can, in fact, record ESPN+ games. The interface was a little weird getting to it, but I was able to do it from my phone. :)

(I'll just need to ignore the ESPN updates and stay off the BY for a day so I miss the final score.)
How did you do it? When I click on the game I just get a pop up telling me the game is Saturday. Or are you saying you can only record it once the game starts?

Reaction Score
How did you do it? When I click on the game I just get a pop up telling me the game is Saturday. Or are you saying you can only record it once the game starts?
With anything on ESPN, that includes ESPN+, SEC Network, PAC12 Network, etc., you can just go to the watch ESPN replay page:

You can filter by day, sport, etc. It'll ask you to login to your cable provider (Comcast, Optimum, Hulu, YouTubeTV, etc.) Then click on the game you want to watch and hit play.

Here's all the college football games from last Sat:

Reaction Score
Listened to the whole thing. The GAST guy they brought on seems pretty knowledgable. He obviously felt confident in his team.

GAST has a first year DC who installed a completely new scheme. They also lots of a lot of their best players to P5 schools. This explains the many, many miscommunications and breakdowns on defense I saw against Rhode Island. It's highly unlikely these issues will be resolved in one week.

GAST's strength on offense is their running game. Their o-line is their biggest strength, but they also have a very experienced dual threat QB (Grainger, #3) and a workhorse RB (Carroll, #23). The GAST guy said the key to stopping their offense is to stop the run. They use a very similar zone blocking scheme to us and we supposedly have a more experienced defense. They aren't very deep on offense, so they don't sub a lot. If the aforementioned #3 and #23 are having a tough day, then that's it for them. (Everything matches up with what I saw and typed out in a previous post.)

Keys for us:
  • Can we tackle a running QB?
  • Can our offense improve more than their defense needs to improve?
  • Can we stop their run game?
  • Can we get anything out of our passing game?
  • Can we stop with the untimely trick plays?

I'm going to have a heart attack if I don't point out it's GSU, not GAST.

CL82

Reaction Score
I don't know that I can actually explain it. To the best of my recollection when you get to the game you have to select it and then select "teams" and it gives you a choice of Connecticut or the opposing team. I chose Connecticut and then a scream came up that had a checkbox for recording. It was definitely not intuitive, though.

Let me try walking through it:

First, click on the game:
IMG_0151.jpeg

Then click on teams:
IMG_0152.jpeg

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
Then click on Huskies:
IMG_0153.jpeg

Finally click on record:
IMG_0154.jpeg

This is the first time I've tried this, but it looks like it should work.

Reaction Score

Cheat Sheet <<

-> There will be no lack of energy in Atlanta on Saturday as seven Georgia-born Huskies return to their home state. Safety Durante Jones, one of three from Atlanta, expects to have a “crazy number” of family and friends in attendance.

“It’s gonna be good to get back home,” Jones said in August. “In high school, last time I played at Georgia State’s stadium, we played New Manchester High School, I had a one-handed pick-six in the end zone closest to the street. It’ll be good to get back out on that field because last time I left I had made some plays out there and we left with a win.”

Jones, who took responsibility for UConn’s poor tackling in the opener, will try to create some new memories as the defense looks to get back on track against a high-tempo Georgia State offense with plenty of weapons. Mora will make sure Jones doesn’t combust.

“I think Durante, in the 20 months since I’ve been here, has matured an incredible amount. He’s obviously very passionate, full of energy, and we all respect that and love it. Nobody cares more about this team winning than he does,” Mora said Tuesday. “I’ll be keeping tabs on him a little bit emotionally when he goes down to Atlanta.

“I don’t think that he’s a guy that’s gonna allow distractions in, I think that he’s gonna stay focused and I trust that he’ll play well, but I’m gonna make sure that he’s not getting himself out of whack emotionally. And I haven’t seen him do that in a long, long time so I don’t expect him to.” <-

Reaction Score
the sports bar I'd like to go only has directv. I said "streaming on ESPN plus" and that threw them for a loop. Is there still an ESPN college sports extra package on directv that might be picking up the ESPN plus games and if so does anybody have an idea what channel it's on? If I remember right it was on chs. 788-798.

Reaction Score
I don't know that I can actually explain it. To the best of my recollection when you get to the game you have to select it and then select "teams" and it gives you a choice of Connecticut or the opposing team. I chose Connecticut and then a scream came up that had a checkbox for recording. It was definitely not intuitive, though.

Let me try walking through it:

First, click on the game:
View attachment 91315

Then click on teams:
View attachment 91314
I am not finding the screens above in my Android ESPN app. When I click on the game within the ESPN+ menu, the only option I see is to set game alerts.

CL82

Reaction Score
I am not finding the screens above in my Android ESPN app. When I click on the game within the ESPN+ menu, the only option I see is to set game alerts.
I'm accessing it through Hulu + live TV, so that may be the difference.

Reaction Score
the sports bar I'd like to go only has directv. I said "streaming on ESPN plus" and that threw them for a loop. Is there still an ESPN college sports extra package on directv that might be picking up the ESPN plus games and if so does anybody have an idea what channel it's on? If I remember right it was on chs. 788-798.
dear god ESPN+ has been a significant thing for like 6 years now I can't believe sports bars haven't all figured it out yet

Reaction Score
On paper and watching each team’s 1st game this contest should be a classic. Road wins are tough, I guess it’s time to see how HCJM has changed the team.

Go Huskies. I believe. Generate some fierce NE weather on Hotlanta.

Reaction Score
People looking to go to sports bars for the game ... Why not pay the 6$ for ESPN+ over spending 100 for food and alcohol at a sports bar?
Oh, I've got the whole ESPN nut already -- just enjoy the sports bar atmosphere and maybe a chance to expand the football fan base 1 at a time. Not a groundbreaking observation here but there's much less 'intensity' barwise when Husky grid is on compared to Husky m/w hoops.

Reaction Score
My God. If we have a football coach who, during a game, has the time to think about how much more full a largely full stadium would look if everyone in the concourse found their seats, we would need a new football coach.

Luckily, there is no reason to think Mora wasn’t focused on other things.
I agree with your take.

I think he was just not real enthusiastic about the interview which in fairness the questioner was.......not the best, student status notwithstanding.

He was fine in the main presser. Mora's #1 issue, clear away all the comments on attendance, press coverage, etc is and will continue to be drawing quality recruits into the program - and not just at the QB position.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom