UConn @ Georgia State Panthers - Saturday 9/9/23 @Center Parc Stadium @7p on ESPN+ | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Georgia State Panthers - Saturday 9/9/23 @Center Parc Stadium @7p on ESPN+

Reaction Score
Making the head coach talk to some random student is ridiculous. Just set her up with an assistant or random player if you wanna pump out content.
Why is that ridiculous? Mora is the face of the program. He needs to be in the public eye as much as possible to continuously repair the brand, especially from a recruiting perspective.

Reaction Score
I agree ... someone who's been a big positive advocate and champion/program seller .... the change in vibe is noticeable since NC State crowd comments on fans being on the concourse being reason seats look empty ... plus factor in people leaving/checking out during injury break during a primetime game for one of the biggest games in program history doesn't scream future fan support... all after the nutsack kick from Yormark that he's probably dealing with recruit fallout over... well I dunno maybe I'm over reading...
My God. If we have a football coach who, during a game, has the time to think about how much more full a largely full stadium would look if everyone in the concourse found their seats, we would need a new football coach.

Luckily, there is no reason to think Mora wasn’t focused on other things.

Reaction Score
My God. If we have a football coach who, during a game, has the time to think about how much more full a largely full stadium would look if everyone in the concourse found their seats, we would need a new football coach.

Luckily, there is no reason to think Mora wasn’t focused on other things.

Some coaches are really good at knowing what needs to painted.

Reaction Score
I actually thought it would be difficult too, but I heard a few good coaches this week claim that fixing tackling is not a huge deal in a week if you focus on it. Not sure if that is some coach BS or not, but I would have thought that it took some time.
If it can be fixed in a week, why would it ever be a problem? My take on UConn's missed tackles, other than the 1st few plays where NCS running backs bounced a few tacklers off was the UConn's missed tackles were players were not close enough to ball carriers to make tackle. Meaning might have gotten close but were out of position so had to reach or try and grab but too far away and also were in space where not enough help near by to finish after 1st miss. Also, DL stunts with not secondary help from LB's to finish off QB when he side stepped (too many players dropped back on pass defense).

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
This is one of the biggest games in Mora's tenure here. It is a must win. We will beat FIU, but we need this game too in order to bring a ton of momentum into the game against a probably top-20 Duke team. If we win our next two, I would not be shocked if we sold out the Duke game.

Reaction Score
This is one of the biggest games in Mora's tenure here. It is a must win. We will beat FIU, but we need this game too in order to bring a ton of momentum into the game against a probably top-20 Duke team. If we win our next two, I would not be shocked if we sold out the Duke game.
I agree. It’s a must-win not just for the season but for the program. You can’t miss out on realignment again and then start off 0-2. Gotta show that we’re making progress despite the setbacks.

I’m hoping Mora really has these guys ready.

Reaction Score
Would 175 yards from the passing game be too much to expect this week? I think 175 is a very reasonable milestone against this team, which was lit up by URI through the air last week.

Reaction Score
Any way to watch this without ESPN+? I canceled it with my Disney+ bundle

Reaction Score
Would 175 yards from the passing game be too much to expect this week? I think 175 is a very reasonable milestone against this team, which was lit up by URI through the air last week.
Goal should be north of 200 unless GAST simply cannot stop the run. Run until they stack the box then make em pay up top.

Reaction Score
Goal should be north of 200 unless GAST simply cannot stop the run. Run until they stack the box then make em pay up top.
You know sometimes a loss can be more motivating than a win. The WRs had a lot of issues against NC State. After reviewing the GAST game against Rhode Island, I'm thinking the WRs are going to get a chance to feast.

GAST plays a pretty simplistic cover 2 defense with no disguise coverages and hardly any blitzes. DBs on the GAST side were constantly letting their man (reminder, RI is a FCS school) beat them. One play by RI, they bunched their WRs together and GAST DBs had no idea who to cover. Another way of putting GAST defense is, they reminded me of UConn's bend-don't-break defense by Diaco. RI had 408 passing yards last week.

So I am cautiously optimistic about our offense. I also think our DBs are probably the strongest unit on our defense, so GAST should have a harder time getting their passing game going.

With that said, I think the key to stopping GAST is stopping their running game. GAST plays a zone running game similar to ours. Our defense should recognize that from practicing against it all the time. If UConn can stop their dual headed rushing attack, especially #23 (Grainger), it could be a blowout for the good guys.

Reaction Score
You can get ESPN+ as a stand-alone for 9.99/month and cancel anytime. I just re-upped mine (that I had for a game or two last year.)
With Verizon Wireless, I get ESPN+, Hulu and Disney+ for somewhere between free and $10/per month (might be $6.99). Any of you with Verizon that were unaware, look into it. Great deal.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I agree. It’s a must-win not just for the season but for the program. You can’t miss out on realignment again and then start off 0-2. Gotta show that we’re making progress despite the setbacks.

I’m hoping Mora really has these guys ready.
The big picture; are we talking about how good can UConn be or are we back to talking about how bad we are. Gotta have this one.

Reaction Score
You know sometimes a loss can be more motivating than a win. The WRs had a lot of issues against NC State. After reviewing the GAST game against Rhode Island, I'm thinking the WRs are going to get a chance to feast.

GAST plays a pretty simplistic cover 2 defense with no disguise coverages and hardly any blitzes. DBs on the GAST side were constantly letting their man (reminder, RI is a FCS school) beat them. One play by RI, they bunched their WRs together and GAST DBs had no idea who to cover. Another way of putting GAST defense is, they reminded me of UConn's bend-don't-break defense by Diaco. RI had 408 passing yards last week.
Of course we might see something a bit more sophisticated on Saturday night.

Reaction Score

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I guess as we get closer to game day not so much......

View attachment 91298

It's now kinda iffy.

Screenshot_20230908_074521.jpg

Reaction Score
It's now kinda iffy.
Yeah, I saw those thunderstorm / 50% chance of rain reports right during Uconn's game time when I checked today. After seeing this tweet down that part of the country ( though a couple hundred miles away)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom